Suggestions for a DD...

MHaynes772

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the new M5 is sick isnt that like double his 65k budget? Well almost I guees. Not sure prices have been released.

Haha yeah. Plus that car is so boring looking to me. But I've got a while to decide. Got to have my truck repaired from a bunch of hail damager from the bad storms we had about a month ago. We shall see...I'm liking the CTS-V route...American, cheap, looks great, tons of torque, easy to upgrade. Will definitely buy used to take some of the hit off.

X5m :) Cts-v is great until its snowing or icy out and its your only car...

A used X5M would be my vote as well, I love mine.

X5m :) Cts-v is great until its snowing or icy out and its your only car...

I highly doubt I could find a used one at this point at the $65000 mark. Maybe a bit down the road.

Is your F-150 an 09+? If not, I will say F-150 Platinum with the Ecoboost. The SuperCrew F-150s are massive inside, the Platinum trim is extremely well apointed, the Ecoboost will get you 16/23 easily, with incentives that will give you about 20K to invest in an appreciating asset. Or just get a Lariat and have ~30K in an investment vehicle. A 911 at 26 is better than a CTS-V at 25! :ninja:

Is your F-150 an 09+? If not, I will say F-150 Platinum with the Ecoboost. The SuperCrew F-150s are massive inside, the Platinum trim is extremely well apointed, the Ecoboost will get you 16/23 easily, with incentives that will give you about 20K to invest in an appreciating asset. Or just get a Lariat and have ~30K in an investment vehicle. A 911 at 26 is better than a CTS-V at 25! :ninja:

Mine is a 2010 Lariat SuperCrew loaded out. I paid $34,000 after all incentives, and I've put 50,000 miles on it. I took it to CarMax to see what they'd write a check for on the spot and they offered $30,000. Gotta love that!!! I absolutely LOVE the truck. That's why it's so hard to replace because the amenities are so far beyond even $100,000 cars. The Ford Sync is amazing, the truck is just to freaking big and such a gas guzzler. And the EcoBoost sucks ass. I have a couple friends with them and they don't get anywhere near the advertised MPG.

Mine is a 2010 Lariat SuperCrew loaded out. I paid $34,000 after all incentives, and I've put 50,000 miles on it. I took it to CarMax to see what they'd write a check for on the spot and they offered $30,000. Gotta love that!!! I absolutely LOVE the truck. That's why it's so hard to replace because the amenities are so far beyond even $100,000 cars. The Ford Sync is amazing, the truck is just to freaking big and such a gas guzzler. And the EcoBoost sucks ass. I have a couple friends with them and they don't get anywhere near the advertised MPG.

Ha, it's amazing right? F-150 resale is unparalled. When I picked up my Raptor I contemplated trading in my Lariat...I was shocked when, after putting on 33K miles they were going to give me 2500 for less than what I paid. I sold my 2011 raptor ( I have a 2012 coming) with 12K on it, for 1250 less than I paid! F-150's are the best purchases! I agree with you about the amenities, a Lariat/King Ranch/ Platinum / Raptor, fully loaded, is a very, very comfortable experience. I too, find Fords sync system to be really well implimented, much more than iDrive, Command or MMI. And the oversized heated/cooled seats in the F-150 are the most comfortable seats in any vehicle. If it wasn't for the concern of gas, I would have said get a raptor. It's a luxury hovercraft.

What gears do you have in yours? I drive like an old lady, which means I get 14/23 with the 5.4 (with 3.55 gears) , and the Raptor I averaged 11/18. The ecoboost seems to be hit or miss, trucks with the 3.73 gears seem to drink fuel, 3.55s seem to sip.

Maybe wait for the Cayenne diesel?

Personally.....Raptor > X5m...but the X5 is much smaller and a great vehicle.

Ha, it's amazing right? F-150 resale is unparalled. When I picked up my Raptor I contemplated trading in my Lariat...I was shocked when, after putting on 33K miles they were going to give me 2500 for less than what I paid. I sold my 2011 raptor ( I have a 2012 coming) with 12K on it, for 1250 less than I paid! F-150's are the best purchases! I agree with you about the amenities, a Lariat/King Ranch/ Platinum / Raptor, fully loaded, is a very, very comfortable experience. I too, find Fords sync system to be really well implimented, much more than iDrive, Command or MMI. And the oversized heated/cooled seats in the F-150 are the most comfortable seats in any vehicle. If it wasn't for the concern of gas, I would have said get a raptor. It's a luxury hovercraft.

What gears do you have in yours? I drive like an old lady, which means I get 14/23 with the 5.4 (with 3.55 gears) , and the Raptor I averaged 11/18. The ecoboost seems to be hit or miss, trucks with the 3.73 gears seem to drink fuel, 3.55s seem to sip.

Maybe wait for the Cayenne diesel?

Personally.....Raptor > X5m...but the X5 is much smaller and a great vehicle.

Not sure what gears mine has. Just the normal ones, no upgrade. Buuuuuuut, I do drive like a bat out of hell because I'm trying to make up for the loss in power of old vehicles I've had haha. It's funny because I don't mind smaller, sportier seats, a little rougher ride, and all that, but I do LOVE being able to wireless bluetooth sync my iPhone to my nav system and be able to DJ through my iPod without it being connected. And I love the real time traffic maps, and weather maps, and all those goodies. Hard to give all that up. Plus I'm the world's pickiest son of bitch. We'll see, I've got plenty of time to decide, just love getting other's opinions.

I think this is just the deal with most slightly used trucks in general. Probably better for the F150s though. I was looking for a slightly used Chevy/GMC with under 50,000 not to long ago. Used was only 5-10k(higher mile ones were closer to the 10k) off new. Lowest mile one I found was around 30k miles and it was 5kish off new. Screw that, Ill buy new for that much difference. I didnt end up buying a full size and glad I didnt but the used truck market is crazy. Even old body style Chevys are fetching good money.

While the new M5 is sick isnt that like double his 65k budget? Well almost I guees. Not sure prices have been released.

Sorry-I didn't read the budget part. I guess out of his price range.

Car will be the best new BMW in a long time.

I cant provide a suggestion based on experience but something about a

Cadillac 4 door sedan with a 6.2L supercharged V8 (556 hp), (551 lb-ft of torque) engine and a 6-speed manual

just seems awesome

Depends which 911.

Turbo, GT2, GT3....sure.

Average, run of the mill carrera or cabrio........NO.

Raptor and save your $$$$$

:iamwithstupid:

Especially considering I think you already had an X5 or X6?

Sorry-I didn't read the budget part. I guess out of his price range.

Car will be the best new BMW in a long time.

In what way? Powerplant, for sure....finally a BMW M v8 with scary torque.

fellippe a raptor and a x5 and x6 are the same?

Depends which 911.

Turbo, GT2, GT3....sure.

Average, run of the mill carrera or cabrio........NO.

:iamwithstupid:

Especially considering I think you already had an X5 or X6?

EVERYTHING.

Looks awesome

BMW's generally handle very well-particularly M-Cars

The New interior will be phenominal

The TT Motor will be amazing when modded a la X5M/X6M. If the X bodied cars are running low 11's with very minor mods, this will be a 4 door BMW GTR-10 second capabilities with minor mods-think tune-downpipes-exhaust (does 12 flat at 122mph stock).

7 Speed DCT Transmission

It will be the best car they have produced in a long time.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-b...oad-test-review

Sorry to get WAY off subject matter, but if we're talking trucks I would look at a used Diesel ANYTHING US MADE. Great mileage for a big ass vehicle and over the long term you will take the least hit on resale value, up to 200k miles or so. If you want a DD you can drive for 10yrs, it's the only way to go.

Find an 06' Dodge Mega Cab or Chevy 2500HD crew cab and enjoy life.

EVERYTHING.

Looks awesome

BMW's generally handle very well-particularly M-Cars

The New interior will be phenominal

The TT Motor will be amazing when modded a la X5M/X6M. If the X bodied cars are running low 11's with very minor mods, this will be a 4 door BMW GTR-10 second capabilities with minor mods-think tune-downpipes-exhaust (does 12 flat at 122mph stock).

7 Speed DCT Transmission

It will be the best car they have produced in a long time.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-b...oad-test-review

X5m/X6m cars are definitely not running low 11s with mild mods. I think the fastest I have seen is 11.99 in the Renntech X5m that Fikse now has.

X5m/X6m cars are definitely not running low 11s with mild mods. I think the fastest I have seen is 11.99 in the Renntech X5m that Fikse now has.

I mean't mid 11's as in 11.54. My bad. My point was that once you put-tune, exhaust, dps, intercoolers on the new M5, it should be a high 10 second-low 11 second car.

11.54 quarter mile-Tune, Headers, Exhaust-750hp-1000NM tq.

As a tune only car, you are right:

11.80's out of an X6M

• 4 weeks later...