Lamborghini Urus - #Invincible

Albert-LP

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Estoque looks much better. The SUV looks like they tried to slap estoque surfacing on a generic SUV platform but it didn't work. The stance and overall packaging of the estoque make it work, not necessarily the surface styling. They really needed a clean sheet approach for this car, to do something completely new and different.

How many of you slating this and saying the Estoque is better looking, what were you saying about the Estoque when it was unveiled?

I liked the Estoque but I prefer this.

Will it look as good in the marketplace come release date... I don't know but if it was on the forecourt today then kerching.

I guess i will be one of the odd ones here.

I like it.

Does it make sense as an SUV? not as much, but company wise I think that this will be an absolute money maker for Lambo.

I think it looks too car-ish and not different enough from the Estoque. I would have liked it to be a bit more toward the Range Rover side but with some mean aggressive cuts and angles.

I like the Estoque much more relative to current sedans compared to this SUV relative to the current offerings.

This POS should burn. If I see one of these driving in my neighborhood, you are forewarned. I'll make a DIY flamethrower if I have to. Anything to kill this, my poor eyessssssssssssss. The concept is stupid, the design is stupid, the very thought of it is harmful to children and grown men alike. I don't care if this sells like hotcakes, that'll just mean that there are more times that I'll need to burn my eyes out with bleach.

Make the goddamn gallardo replacement already and that'll be a huge cash cow. Make the friggin Estoque, that'd be a cash cow. All of these options will result in money money money, but at least we won't have to live with this abomination POS being driven around by douchebag soccer players and movie stars.

The argument of "well if this funds _______ , then I'm all for it" bothers me. I know, I'm hypersensitive, but this is the blurring of brand lines and why everything in the world is now grey rather than black and white. What it really says is that in order to broaden our market and make more $ to do what we do, only better and bigger, we must cave and build that which is the equivalent of selling our souls. Seriously. This not at all like the building of the LM002. It was so bad ass it was offensive and made children weep. This, this is a big box of copy cat. Come on guys, innovate, focus. Do that thing you do well! Wait, what is that you say? Oh, thats right, its about VAG being hell bent on world domination. Never mind, I understand now.

Yo dog, so I heard you wanna high ride'n Gizyardo, so we hooked your sh*t up with a 6" lift kit dog AAAAAND 2 more doors!

I'm with Mako. I think VW management missed the bus completely. Their strategy doesn't apply to high end market. Now they are making decisions based on brand engineering. How can the same crossover work for Bentley, Lambo, Porsche, Audi and VW? This is turning VW and all it's brands into GM.

The only thing Lambo is doing right is moving into the growing markets very quickly. I think Winky is smart. Without marketing, the cars will have even harder time moving off of showrooms.

You guys are overreacting, wait until you see the finished product before you judge it so harshly. And to the people saying it looks like this or that, you could say all cars look alike because they have 4 wheels. A sloped roofline doesn't make it an Evoque or X6 copy nor can you say Lambo lacks originality based solely on that one element. I think going the SUV route is the best decision Lambo has made in recent times, the profits from it will insure Lambo has a place under the VAG umbrella for a long time to come, and that's for everyone's benefit. Enthusiasts get better cars, employees keep their jobs, owners make money and we also get to laugh at Winky from time to time :). Win-win situation.

I fail to see what is so wrong and so offensive about this car.

Many people on here are highly derogatory of the cars Lambo show off and very few of you remain consistent in your critic, if you don't believe me look at all of the threads relating to car shows.

No doubt it is a parts bin special under the skin but the styling is fantastic and easily the best looking off roader on the market today or planned for the next 10 years! Yes it has styling cues from elsewhere but we do not as yet have a point of reference for scale on it, once we do we will have a better idea on the presence this thing will have. We don't even know pricing on this yet.

I know I have knocked Lambo and the hierarchy, something somewhere with the Gallardo and its replacement something has gone wrong but with the introduction of the third model they must be throttling back production which is a good thing for dealers and buyers.

When you look at it as if you had an employee that took your number one selling product, stripped it down, slathered it in carbon with edgy styling said it cannot be driven on 90% of the worlds roads, called it the Sessto and then still sold a handful of them at a tidy profit, then they did it with the Aventador J and the Revention, would you be pissed off with them?

There are some things at Lambo that are wrong, but then are some things that are right and I think the Urus is one of them.*

*Caveat being if it is priced at less than $230K

That's what I was going to say but I finished the first sentence and my adhd kicked it. Squirrel.

Classic.

Captain, I gotta totally disagree with you on this one.

Having worked with corporate on a few things i have an idea of how they think and operate.

They are now grasping at straws. An SUV is completely out of their wheel house. As I stated before, an SUV must be usable and reliable, neither of which Lamborghini gets high marks in. Also it's sister company Bentley is coming out with a luxury SUV that will be its direct competitor. That's just dumb marketing right there.

But the fact is, their bread and butter car the Gallardo is old, out dated and new ones are sitting on dealer lots going for significant discounts. When you are a sports car company as Lamborghini bills themselves to be, you get your core cars correct before you go go off on a new venture. Audi does not give Lamborghini an open check book so money that is put into other endeavors is money that could be spent making their core cars successful.

Obviously there are problems with the Aventador by the amount of people not holding on to them for various reasons. Maybe a little R@D money to fix its nagging issues and install a proper up to date DSG might help. Then replace the Gallardo with a car that is close to a 458 rival. Once you have your two main cars sorted then you can go do an SUV.

That looks like a lightweight mid/compact size and is too similar to Evoque, X6 etc...

It's not a good successor to LM002, hopefully they don't make it.

Estoque all the way!

Agree with this.

Also, over here we would not label the LM002 as an SUV....it's a bad ass motherfucking hellfire snorting off roader.....whereas this is an SUV

Therein the problem here...

SUV's will always be a love/hate relatioships. My difficulty has always been with the exotic or supercar brands trying to catch the next trend.

Sadly, I am also a realist, as mentioned already Porsche would be dead or dying without the Cayenne - I was not a fan at the time, I was not sure it would even save the marque, but it did. (And shock there is now one in the garage).

I would have thought with Audi ownership the need for survival cash would not be required. But I wonder if they want all their brands to be self-sustaining.

So I am one part - ugh, and one part - economic reality. I want to see it live (always better than a pic), and just hope it looks, feels, and drives like a lambo should!