I just ordered a R8 Spyder

TRANSAMERA

It's here!!! fcuking finally!!!!

They are mounting the GT tails on it as we speak, I drove it a quickie before heading back to my office, it sounds awesome, EXACTLY like the Performante, something is made regarding the exhaust, the laoner didn't sound near this good..

Will update after I get her home later today with pics!

It looks awesome by the way :)

Nice, look forward to seing it!

On another note drove a performante yesterday and all the range, its very good pretty similar to a 560 coupe, much, much better than a normal spyder handling, can see why you like it now.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any pics? I am about to look at a V10 Spyder in black on black. I'm sure that the GT tails look GOOD!

Let me start by saying that this car has totally exceeded my expectations! Did quite some driving, instead of only partying, this weekend since the weather was perfect!

As I stated earlier in this thread, I had the red manual coupe as a loaner for a week or two and while it felt better/faster than my two past R8 V8's it still sucked since it was a manual. The beautiful Lambo V10 sound was hardly noticed in stock form and the car had lots of miles on it.

As you know, I ordered lowering springs, spacers, exhaust and GT taillights before the car even arriving, well, I shouldn't have..

The car has some kind of tweaks made to the OEM exhaust, OR, it is replaced, I honestly can't tell but I can tell you it sounds just PERFECT, it sounds exactly like the Performante which imho is the best sounding stock G ever!

The car visually needs to be a bit lower for that perfect look but it is not a must-do as I thought it was before seeing it in the flesh. I'm still undecided wheter I should do it since I'm afraid I'd ruin the comfort which is pure worldclass for this type of car..

The taillights were mounted before I even took delivery of the car and they do look awesome, especially against the black! While I'm on the subject of color, the black is what made the wow factor spike for me. This is my first black car ever since I think it hides all the lines and curves plus it's a pita to keep clean, but with all the silver accents the R8 looks stunning in black as a Spyder! Also, you can open/close the roof in speed on the R8 instead of having to stand still as you have to in the G, I love that feature!

Anything to dislike about it? Sure! The cockpit is more windy than the G, I haven't tested the winddeflector yet though, only the small rear glass windshield as all the G Spyders have. Probably will be better with it but look more ugly so don't think I will use it at all.. The paddles are, as always on all RS and R models from Audi, a joke.. More like a button with no feel at all.. I want the MA Carbon ones but the price is a joke as well..

Car has very small trunk space, almost smaller than the Lambo?! And just as the G Spyder the car has no storage room behind the seats.

To sum it up: This is the best car I have ever owned/driven, period. It does everything the Gallardo does, but better! It has better comfort, an awesome B&O sound system and much better interior ergonomics, all in a very sleek and sexy package. While the Lambos often can be cockmagnets as well, this is a real pussymagnet all the time :icon_mrgreen:

Some crappy iPhone pics to follow, will take better pics when the car is completely done! :icon_thumleft:

Beautiful! So the Springs were installed already? or is that stock height on the R8? And the ride is smooth? I went in the dealership but didn't have time to drive. i only got a teaser and started the car up. The exhaust note is very LP570ish. I was pleasantly surprised. I wish I had more time to take it for a test drive.. hopefully tomorrow. I hope it's not dog slow. I test drove a california cause it was there and was bored to death.

Congrats man! enjoy it!

Are you going to do anything about the plates?

those are just temporary german export plates.

Your head seems awfully small for that size of car. Is the car that big in person?

slowchoke2.jpg

Car looks great!

Spotted a black R8 V10 Spyder just recently (had black interior with red inserts...sick!)...cruised along with it for a while.

Oh, and the GIRL driving it was freakin hot! Damn, she was fine! :D

Very nice! :icon_thumleft:

Hmm, so the S/RS style seats are not standard on R8s?

They aren't standard. They aren't available in the US, but you don't see them very much in Europe either. My guess is that they aren't as comfortable.

Beautiful! So the Springs were installed already? or is that stock height on the R8? And the ride is smooth? I went in the dealership but didn't have time to drive. i only got a teaser and started the car up. The exhaust note is very LP570ish. I was pleasantly surprised. I wish I had more time to take it for a test drive.. hopefully tomorrow. I hope it's not dog slow. I test drove a california cause it was there and was bored to death.

It is not dog slow, it feels as fast as my previous G Spyder. No springs yet, 100% stock springs on the pics, still not sure, what do you think?

those are just temporary german export plates.

Correct Nathan!

Your head seems awfully small for that size of car. Is the car that big in person?

slowchoke2.jpg

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Best douchebag ever!!

So you asked someone to take a picture of you not looking at the camera?

Actually one of my employees snapped this pic while I was backing up into my office for the first time. I look much better than you do in your mirrorpic, I know, must hurt.

Sick ! Congrats. What brand of sunglasses do you have on in the photos ? I like.

Mykita, they are awesome!

Congrats :icon_thumleft:

Also donnie lol

:turboalex:

I saw a black R8 spyder today in town. It passed me and looked amazing!!

Thank you, means a lot comming from an Aventador owner :)

Very nice! :icon_thumleft:

Hmm, so the S/RS style seats are not standard on R8s?

No, the bucket seats are only optional and I do now want them in a Spyder, they look nice but they are not comfortable at all..