I just ordered a R8 Spyder

TRANSAMERA

Car looks great!

Spotted a black R8 V10 Spyder just recently (had black interior with red inserts...sick!)...cruised along with it for a while.

Oh, and the GIRL driving it was freakin hot! Damn, she was fine! :D

A fine girl in a fine car = instant boner :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually one of my employees snapped this pic while I was backing up into my office for the first time. I look much better than you do in your mirrorpic, I know, must hurt.

We're gonna need a poll!

My sincerest wish for your happiness Jirre,is that one day you will have a snail trail left by Megan Fox in your passenger seat ;)

I pray each day your wish comes true brother :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats Slowpoke. You should roadtrip down to Spain this summer!

Thanks! When are you down?

nice i like the taillights!

Thanks! They did a ton for the look, especially on a black car!

Looking good! One of the few convertibles I'd consider

Me to! :turboalex:

I should have never busted your balls regarding delivery..... of course my driver is "running a day behind" whatever the fcuk that means! Congrats again man. Looks great in black!

Well.. I vote no springs.. and you can sell me yours cause I just traded in my 2011 GTR for a R8 V10 spyder! lol.. black on black and I may have to copy you on the GT tails.. And that does look bad ass Leadfoot!!!

Looks good without springs!

Thanks! I think so to!

Congrats, car looks great!

Thank you!

I vote springs!! But I'm not impartial.....

post-24272-1338409656_thumb.jpg

Damn, that sure do look BADASS!! I love the GT canards as well and I want them but I don't think it will make any difference since my car is black, no? How much were they?

Did you drive the car before lowering it? I LOVE the comfort in this car, it rides better than the X6 damnit :) I am afraid I will ruin it..

Also, there is no front lift offered on R8's, how do you deal with bumps etc? The 35mm H&R springs I have lowers it quite a bit..

Well.. I vote no springs.. and you can sell me yours cause I just traded in my 2011 GTR for a R8 V10 spyder! lol.. black on black and I may have to copy you on the GT tails.. And that does look bad ass Leadfoot!!!

CONGRATZ!! That is a DOUBLE win for you, first you get the best Spyder in the world and you get rid of the ugliest car on the planet in the process! :icon_mrgreen: The taillights are a must, do it! If I don't lower the car I can sell you the springs and the exhaust I have lying around here..

I vote UGR. DO IT!!!!

:eusa_naughty:

Thanks guys! It's a great car! I love driving it more each day!! You will too! Slowpoke's review is dead on!

:turboalex:

I must admit it does look great.

Thanks capt!

Jirre,

I drove the car about a month before I put the springs on. The ride was unbelievable before the springs--it's still very good after. I can only compare it now to the Superleggeras and Aventador, and though worlds better than those cars, not as "gliding" smooth as before. The roads in Atlanta are quite good, so I don't notice any difference on the main roads, but secondary roads are noticeable. I still love the look enough to compromise a little on the ride comfort. I just can't believe the handling capabilities of this car. Exit the highway at twice the speed you feel you should, set the car, stay constant on the gas, and the car just pulls around the corner without any drama whatsoever. No understeer push like the Lambos....

I got the Canards from a guy in Germany. He is on R8Talk and I paid $800 for them. I think he can make more if you are interested. Here is a pic of them on a black car (the Canards are gloss, not matte like on the GT...):

Foto_4.jpg

Foto_3.jpg

Love the Batman pic...

I need an Ironman shirt, here's my license plate...(from Iron Man II)

IMG_2323.jpg

I love your R8, the rear looks so brutal with the white/black.

Too bad you sold your SL 570, I love the way it looked in your avatar.

White looks good, Leadfoot. I'm always a bit jealous of white V10 cars because they offer than nice contrast with the rear bumper which I can't get with my black car. Thought about wrapping it, but then I'd need to change the bumpers too. Decided it wasn't worth the hassle give how seldom I'm around to use it.

You got a pretty good price on the canards. While $800 is still expensive for something so small, it's a lot cheaper than I've seen the OEM stuff sell for. OEM GT parts are crazy expensive. I think the canards were like $2500.

Have you thought about changing the chrome grill to black? It's 50/50 I guess. Some like it, some don't. I'm more partial to the V8 black grill with chrome border.