Charter Jet cost

Roman

Hey- How much does it cost to charter a jet cross country- Ballpark? Say Orange county to Louisville?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid range you'd have to stop for fuel , prob 15K . 7 or 8 Passengers to get there.

One more time in, "Youre talking to a total dumbass when it comes to this stuff-Eze"

Thanks

One more time in, "Youre talking to a total dumbass when it comes to this stuff-Eze"

Thanks

In BWUK-eze it translates to "pretty fcuking expensive." But then I Google translated it to:

On a small jet with seating for 7-8, you'd have to stop for fuel half way and the cost would be about $15K.

Actually, if that's right, it's not too bad so long as you're splitting the bill. 2-3K per person. I guess it depends on the quality of the plane. Small jets are nicer than commercial, but that a pretty short flight to begin with and I don't think a cheap jet is that nice. Might be worth it if doing a Mile High club swingers party though. I'm not sure if his $15K estimate is a same day return thing or not. I'm guess it's significantly more expensive if it's a multiple day thing.

RD, this should give you a rough idea but I'm sure there are ballers here who know it down to the cent.

http://www.ellejet.com/one-ways.php

Hey- How much does it cost to charter a jet cross country- Ballpark? Say Orange county to Louisville?

Also this from the same company. Looks like amazing value but I don't know if this is an empty leg special

Fly Coast To Coast In Your Private Jet

Our top destinations for private charter jet rentals include Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Aspen, Vail, Chicago, Washington DC, Phoenix, Las Vegas and Houston. You can book a private jet charter flight from airports in the Los Angeles area Los Angeles (LAX), Van Nuys (VNY), Burbank, or Long Beach (LGB) to the New York City area Teterboro (TEB), JFK, or La Guardia (LGA) for as low as $7,499.

From the same site. :shock:

Sydney, Australia - Teterboro, New Jersey $289,000

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia - San Diego, California $218,000

Tokyo, Japan - Vail, Colorado $210,000

Dubai, UAE - Florida $189,000

That's on point considering it costs about $350,000 to fully fuel a 747!

That's on point considering it costs about $350,000 to fully fuel a 747!

True, but no one charters 747's. Probably costs like $40-50K to fill up a long range business jet.

Is flying first class on passenger plane really that bad? I normally fly economy and don't mind. I got noise canceling headphones, watch movies and mind my own business.

Is flying first class on passenger plane really that bad? I normally fly economy and don't mind. I got noise canceling headphones, watch movies and mind my own business.

Compared to private yes it sucks. With private you don't mess around in check in lines or security you can usually clear all that ahead of time by sending in your passport info. If your plane is booked to leave at 10, you drive right up to it at 9:50, put your luggage on and go. When you land in another country customs comes out to the plane to clear you. Once you fly private all else sucks

This isnt a luxury issue... Its a practicality issue for a single flight....

This isnt a luxury issue... Its a practicality issue for a single flight....

If it's practicality you seek, this isn't the best option. I think through Marque you have to spend at minimum $100K a year for 25 hours of travel, but that's wheels up to touch down, so it really depends on how important the ease of use and convenience factor is to you and your family (dogs included) they fly with you in the passenger area!

I've seen pics of you, and it's a bit more uncomfortable for those of us who aren't midgets! :thefinger:

OT: I would never fly first class for anything other than 14-16 hour flights -- huge waste of money. Also, economy has been vastly improved recently. The planes I fly long distance always have individual screens in every seat and on demand movies. Delta recently upgraded and now have like 100 movies available -- new, old, and classics. Most airlines have internet access continental US and Lufthansa even has internet access trans-Atlantic. Many are now even offering premium economy with more room.

After you fly enough, the flights get easier and easier. I'm so used to flying 14-15 hours that a 6-8 hour flight to Europe feels super quick. I still do upgrades to first class because the are very cheap for me, but I flew coach exit row a couple weeks ago and it was totally fine.

I can't imagine why anyone would charter a plane for anything other than an emergency or being insanely wealthy (though why wouldn't you just own your own plane?) You save some time, but unless you shell out huge amounts of money, you're paying out the ass for only a few hours of a cushy seat. Watch a movie, have a conversation with your friend and you're pretty much across the country and ready to land.

I can't imagine why anyone would charter a plane for anything other than an emergency or being insanely wealthy (though why wouldn't you just own your own plane?) You save some time, but unless you shell out huge amounts of money, you're paying out the ass for only a few hours of a cushy seat. Watch a movie, have a conversation with your friend and you're pretty much across the country and ready to land.

What about a dog?

OT: I would never fly first class for anything other than 14-16 hour flights -- huge waste of money. Also, economy has been vastly improved recently. The planes I fly long distance always have individual screens in every seat and on demand movies. Delta recently upgraded and now have like 100 movies available -- new, old, and classics. Most airlines have internet access continental US and Lufthansa even has internet access trans-Atlantic. Many are now even offering premium economy with more room.

After you fly enough, the flights get easier and easier. I'm so used to flying 14-15 hours that a 6-8 hour flight to Europe feels super quick. I still do upgrades to first class because the are very cheap for me, but I flew coach exit row a couple weeks ago and it was totally fine.

You have to be pretty small physically to think there isn't an ENORMOUS difference between coach and first class on any 'full size' plane. Granted I always get free First Class, but I'd still pay for it if I didn't.

And Private definitely has it's place if you can afford it.

You have to be pretty small physically to think there isn't an ENORMOUS difference between coach and first class on any 'full size' plane. Granted I always get free First Class, but I'd still pay for it if I didn't.

And Private definitely has it's place if you can afford it.

It's really the time saved when flying private. Some people simply can't afford to take a 32 hour round trip when it can be done in 16 hours.

I understand why some individuals bemoan CEO's when they take private jets for short trips, but on the other hand, time is money. And when you can pop into DC from Detroit in 3 hours instead of 6, that just can't be beat.

Time is valuable, so when you need to be back in the office, the greater cost for a private flight just doesn't figure into the trip. Most private fliers have high-stress jobs and being alone on a plane and having the ability to make the trip shorter and be back sooner to ones family or office is more than worth the money.

If time isn't an issue however, I'd always fly first-class instead of coach. I've never flown business class though, gotta try that this year.

HI,

I will give you my 02 cent since business jet my area of work.

advantages of chartering a business jet:

- take off anytime, anywhere to any airport of your choice (providing it is accessible with the aircraft you are using - runway lengh, meteo...)

- your own aircraft for the duration of the flight, privacy and discretion, aircraft will adapt to your schedule changes...

- quality of service that has nothing to do with flying first class

- service adapted to your needs

disadvantage:

would of course be the price but here are a few tips to reduce the price of the trip

- fly as much as possible with an empty leg, if you manage to find one.

Empty leg does not give you as much freedom of schedule as a regular business flight but it could still correspond to your need.

Waay cheaper: for exemple if you book a jet from an airline company based in LA and your destination is NY, you will pay for LA-NY and NY-LA. This even if you are not onboard the second leg because the airline company has to get the plane back to its base.

so on the second leg NY-LA they will try to sell this leg for a reduced price (aprox 30% of what it would normally cost you)

- if you are only planning one trip, aim for an airline company that will sell you an aircraft like a commercial flight, stay away from company like Marquee that is a "owner club" and not an airline company where you will need to pay an entry fee

- and last but not least, do not directly as for one private airline company or another, a LOT of factors will directly reflect on the price of your trip.

For ex you want to do LA-NY and hire a plane from a company based in Vegas, you will pay for LV-LA-NY-LV...

as a jet broker, he will advise on the best type of airplane for your trip depending on your needs and flight time, he will ask a selection of company with "good service" and as he knows at all time the position of all aircraft he might be able to get you on some empty legs.

By doing this you will get the best value for money