My new Toy... GTR??? Sort of :)

peakcompletions

Check out the video :D

Not as fast as my GTR but maybe I can get GODZILLA on the tail HAHA

Alex and crew at SP are going to have to step it up a notch on modding this one :D

After a long process of bringing this Japanese A6M Zero Fighter to the USA from Australia, this video clip showcases the first flight! Paul Jackson is the pilot and friend who helped make this whole project possible. This is an actual famous T6 conversion Replica done for the movie "Empire of the Sun" and is as close to the "real thing" as you can get! The performance is incredible with upgraded large prop and power options, perfectly restored interior and an amazing looking airplane. This is my first warbird and what an exciting day! This amazing project will be transported soon to the CAF Headquarters for everyone to enjoy in Midland Texas.

Can't wait to get it home.

Now that's stepping up! Being that it's a Mitsubishi that makes it the ultimate DSM, screw EVO's. Considering your taste in cars I can't wait to see where this new collection goes. Congrats and enjoy it.

Thats awesome!!! It looks so damn close to the real deal. Ive got a little seat time in one of the only 3 remaining flying Zeros. Awesome airplane!

No working machine gun, no care.

J/K, that's awesome. A friend of mine bought a chinese (i think) old warplane that he flies regularly.

408138_3492181867535_1361161787_33495592

Buy a P-51 Mustang and you will be my hero. Awesome plane Ray, truly. Enjoy it sir.

Alex and crew at SP are going to have to step it up a notch on modding this one :D

Just make sure when Alex takes it for a shakeout spin he doesn't purposely crash it into Heffner Performance.

:turboalex:

Awesome toy dude!

HAHA thanks guys!! I have always been a WWII Warbird buff and this is a big check off the bucket list in getting my first warbird.

P-51 is on the list for sure but want to get some solid flight time built up before trying to fly around one of those :D My Great Uncle was a squadron leader flying P-51s and have all his old gear so that is definitely the ultimate goal!!

This plane was supposed to have a rear seat and controls based on the documents and inspection in Australia (I was not there) but upon arrival there is no second seat.

Assman - that is a Nanchang CJ-6 Chinese Trainer. Great looking warbird there and guys are having a lot of fun forming squadrons of them around the country :D

We are going to fly it in the TORA TORA TORA CAF Show this fall where at any time there could be 20-30 planes in the air simulating the Attack on Pearl Harbor... An amazing show with about 10,000 gallons of diesel and 100 lbs of dynamite on the ground to make it real :D

surely an EVO would have been a better comparo than a GTR? LOL

congrats

yeah for sure.. except i don't have an evo and the GTR is my only japanese car hahaha

Nissan actually made a lot of engines and airplane parts in WWII but alas none for the A6M :D

Peak---- when you decide the gtr doesn't fit with these warplanes anymore, send me a message as I want it :)

Really cool pictures here. Can't wait to see more!

Awesome Peak, congrats.

Are you looking for a spitfire as well? Those things are beautiful. By far by favorite piston airplane. P51 in a good second :)