HOME!

Hey Allan...do you go with a 18/19 setup? Did you have to adjust the stance or was that the way it turned out? Looks damn good with those wheels.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Allan...do you go with a 18/19 setup? Did you have to adjust the stance or was that the way it turned out? Looks damn good with those wheels.

They are 18s all around, but Chinaman lowered the car..

I know the GT2 is all about driving and performance, but the SV sure makes it look like an ugly pig, doesn't it.

Not inmo. I love the Gt2, and when thats all done its going to be insane..

Not inmo. I love the Gt2, and when thats all done its going to be insane..

For sure it's going to be insane but with the picture of the 2 cars next to each other, one (SV) looks elegant and stunning like Grace Kelly in Dial M for Murder and the other looks like Christina Aguilera in the video for Dirrty.

And we all know who we'd rather spend 50 minutes with (2 1/2 minutes for some of us).

Double post....so I'll just use this post to point out that when I said 2 1/2 minutes for some of us, I was referring to other people, not me. :shock:

For sure it's going to be insane but with the picture of the 2 cars next to each other, one (SV) looks elegant and stunning like Grace Kelly in Dial M for Murder and the other looks like Christina Aguilera in the video for Dirrty.

And we all know who we'd rather spend 50 minutes with (2 1/2 minutes for some of us).

Hmm I dont know.. I love both of them.. when the GT2 is all done, it will be incredible.. It already runs cirlcles around the SV.. There is something about the SV though, this is my 3rd Diablo, and I love looking at them as much as, or moreso than driving them..

One thing I have noticed about the Diablo is that people absolutely love it. The day i took that pic of the green lp570SL people were doing everything they could to pass him to get up next to or behind the Diablo to take a picture.. Everywhere I go with it people take pics, thumbs up, compliments etc.. 10x the attention of the 458 or even the Gallardo..

One thing I have noticed about the Diablo is that people absolutely love it. The day i took that pic of the green lp570SL people were doing everything they could to pass him to get up next to or behind the Diablo to take a picture.. Everywhere I go with it people take pics, thumbs up, compliments etc.. 10x the attention of the 458 or even the Gallardo..

Do you enjoy the attention? I'm finding I'm gravitating towards the under the radar vehicles now in more subtle colors.

Do you enjoy the attention? I'm finding I'm gravitating towards the under the radar vehicles now in more subtle colors.

I dont mind it as much, as I only take the car out for limited trips, normally a drive in the canyons, down to Malibu and back home..

I wonder who took those last photos? :eusa_think: Do you think he offers higher-resolution images?

Gee I dunno... Maybe u can email and ask?

Echoing the words of all, the car speaks for itself. Almost makes me want to get one, just not sure I want to put up with maintanence on the older cars.

Quick couple of questions though. For those doing the rear bumper delete, could that run you into trouble with the insurance company? I vaguely recall an issue with the Ford GT, where one car had been involved in an accident, but due to the bumper delete, the insurance company didn't step in.

Other question is, why stick with the 18's? No knocking, just plain curious. Seems like 19"s are the defacto in many upgrades of wheels.

Echoing the words of all, the car speaks for itself. Almost makes me want to get one, just not sure I want to put up with maintanence on the older cars.

Quick couple of questions though. For those doing the rear bumper delete, could that run you into trouble with the insurance company? I vaguely recall an issue with the Ford GT, where one car had been involved in an accident, but due to the bumper delete, the insurance company didn't step in.

Other question is, why stick with the 18's? No knocking, just plain curious. Seems like 19"s are the defacto in many upgrades of wheels.

Using my old Sv as an example, I think these cars are bullit proof and extremely reliable if you purchase a well maintained example. Im not worried about the ins with the bumper delete.

In regards to why I went with 18's, first and foremost I had 19s on my old SV for a time period and in LA popped two tires on small potholes. I also felt there was a significant decrease in ride quality. With this car, I want to also keep it close to factory specs, and true to its time period.

Love the old school Alpine head unit ^_^

:iamwithstupid: I had one of the first CVA-1000s Apline ever made in my Jag!

I loved the original wheels with the car.

Well you will love to know they are nicely wrapped up in my garage..

Decals stay, an Sv with no decals is just not an SV inmo. :iamwithstupid: