Adderall?

Robster Craws

I have used Adderall several times with great results,but it has always been on a short,inconsistent basis. I feel more focused,less draggy and more involved in every aspect of my day..

I want to know from anyone who was been using it regularly for a long time if you have experienced any negative side effects?

After stopping usage did you have any sort of noticeable withdrawals or need to be back on it?

Any sort of "reliance" that you HAVE to have your pill to be functional during the day?

Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay the fcuk away from it. Recreational use will lead to addiction and yes, there will be withdrawal. It is basically an amphetamine. Drink coffee or black tea instead.

Love the stuff, but actively have to make sure I don't use it more than a couple times a year. I would be consumed by it, if I used with any sort of regularity.

Stay the fcuk away from it. Recreational use will lead to addiction and yes, there will be withdrawal. It is basically an amphetamine. Drink coffee or black tea instead.

That's all I need to hear! I had been talking to a friend that has a prescription and uses 90 pills a month... He was telling me how much of an improvement he has had using it daily.

I sure as hell don't need an addiction or reliance on anything. Thanks for the answer

Love the stuff, but actively have to make sure I don't use it more than a couple times a year. I would be consumed by it, if I used with any sort of regularity.

That's been my use as well...last year i had it a few times over long weekends and felt like I was the guy in the movie "limitless". I don't have a naturally addictive personality..but anything that's good can get anyone with enough use I guess.

They are all stimulants and basically types of amphetamine. If taking it makes you tired and sleepy then you probably have ADHD and it can help you otherwise like BMW racer said, it can ruin your life.

They are all stimulants and basically types of amphetamine. If taking it makes you tired and sleepy then you probably have ADHD and it can help you otherwise like BMW racer said, it can ruin your life.

No,taking it really perks me up and gets me going! I find during mid day im just dragging and I have a hard time recalling simple shit off the stop of my head like names and dates :crybaby2:

Thats why I was thinking it might be worth having an little extra help with a prescription if it could make me focus....

But I am pretty cautious about introducing things into my body (shut up with any anal jokes) and dont want to become reliant on anything. Sounds like some coffee might be the key lol

My friend was going to do it for 2 months to help launch a biz after work, it was working really well.. So well that now 8 months later is he still "getting off it next week". He says he experiences withdrawals.

Aram, what's the deal with pre workout stimulants? I know you said stay away from crap like NO2 and such, but is there anything besides coffee (which has its own sides) that can stimulate and still be healthy? Tea is not enough.

But I am pretty cautious about introducing things into my body (shut up with any anal jokes)

Just let it happen.

My friend was going to do it for 2 months to help launch a biz after work, it was working really well.. So well that now 8 months later is he still "getting off it next week". He says he experiences withdrawals.

Aram, what's the deal with pre workout stimulants? I know you said stay away from crap like NO2 and such, but is there anything besides coffee (which has its own sides) that can stimulate and still be healthy? Tea is not enough.

Adderall is not any different than doing coke except that it is legal and obtainable by RX. The biggest difference is that the XR is long acting so you don't get as much of an initial stimulus but it is constant, that is assuming one swallows the pill instead of crushing it up and snorting it. Once the effect wears off, you feel really tired and depressed and the brain starts to crave for more, thus the cycle starts. It has it's use for ADHT but imo is way overprescribed and along with Oxycontin is probably one of the most abused drugs .

Tea has more caffeine than coffee but is not marketed the same way lol. Try caffeine pills or chewable caffeine supplements. 300 to 400mg of caffeine should give you some energy. Everything else i don't recommend, especially ephedrine, hate that product.

Coffee has more caffiene than tea. Most tea has very little caffiene.

Caffiene is known to increase athletic ability, so it basically increases your focus.

Long term caffiene contributes to osteoporosis.

Caffiene is known to increase athletic ability, so it basically increases your focus.

You just wanna argue with me lol. Stick to fixing assholes :icon_mrgreen: . The jury on caffeine changes all the time so it is the last product anyone should worry about if they have no heart issues.

And if you read a bit more about tea, you would see that the caffeine content is higher.

I take NO supps and caffeine almost every day pre-workout, but I still get absolutely wired on anything more than 200mg of caffeine in a product. I don't drink coffee, so maybe that's why?

You just wanna argue with me lol. Stick to fixing assholes :icon_mrgreen: . The jury on caffeine changes all the time so it is the last product anyone should worry about if they have no heart issues.

And if you read a bit more about tea, you would see that the caffeine content is higher.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/AN01211

I'd say caffiene osteoporosis is probably more likely in suseptable populations.

Ephedrine like you said will destroy your heart. Caffiene does cause some stimulant tachycardia but also some dehydration.

Either way no offense meant with the arguements.

Gram for gram tea and in particular green tea has more caffeine than coffee.

However because you take the teabag out and do not consume the contents your intake of caffeine is much less than a identically sized cup of coffee.

Adderall is not any different than doing coke except that it is legal and obtainable by RX. The biggest difference is that the XR is long acting so you don't get as much of an initial stimulus but it is constant, that is assuming one swallows the pill instead of crushing it up and snorting it. Once the effect wears off, you feel really tired and depressed and the brain starts to crave for more, thus the cycle starts. It has it's use for ADHT but imo is way overprescribed and along with Oxycontin is probably one of the most abused drugs .

Tea has more caffeine than coffee but is not marketed the same way lol. Try caffeine pills or chewable caffeine supplements. 300 to 400mg of caffeine should give you some energy. Everything else i don't recommend, especially ephedrine, hate that product.

Speaking of caffeine pills.

In real life.

Tell anyone you drink 4 or 5 extra large coffee a day and its cool.

mention you take a caffeine pill instead of coffee and suddenly your a crack addicted meth head junkie who may die any second...

atleast thats been my experiance.

To me caffeine pills seem to be much safer then coffee. The amount of caffeine is exact. 100mg in my case. instead of a coffee were every brew/brand can have a different amount. I dont like hot drinks or the time it takes to get them but the soical stigma over pills is huge.

I was prescribed Adderrall XR for a couple of years in HS. I never had any addiction issues with it.

It did have some very strange side effects though. Here are my thoughts:

1) If you take it while you work out, you take FOREVER to get fatigued, so you end up working out harder, and longer, with better results.

2) You experience tingling in your hands and feet.

3) Feels like you are on E for the first hour or so (especially when you first start taking it).

4) It makes your johnson shrivel like you just went swimming in antartica. This was a really weird side effect, but I guess I needed it at the end of the day being as blessed as I am. lol.

5) You don't eat for entire days sometimes. This is obviously bad, but I ended up losing 30lbs of body fat, and getting down under 10% body fat on it.

6) If you take too much, it will actually have an adverse effect. You will think SO much that your thoughts will jumble together, and you wont remember anything.

7) You get agitated when people interrupt your focus. In high school I freaked out on the hottest girl in school because she was speaking loudly in a class that I was trying to pay attention in.

8) I don't know if any other people who were prescribed the drug long term feel this way, but sometimes when in conversation (now-not when I took it), I feel I get stuck on the right words to use which should come very easy to me. I feel this may be a long term side effect. Not really like I feel like a mentally challenged person or anything, but I feel I get loss for words when I shouldn't from time to time. Kind of like when you are sloppy drunk and you know what you are trying to say mentally, but you can't get the words out of your mouth. I would be interested to see if any other long term percribed people had the same result.

9) Erradic heartbeat-especially when combined with coffee or redbull-duh.

10) Cotton mouth-Always wanted a soda around.

To me caffeine pills seem to be much safer then coffee. The amount of caffeine is exact. 100mg in my case. instead of a coffee were every brew/brand can have a different amount. I dont like hot drinks or the time it takes to get them but the soical stigma over pills is huge.

I think it's you crushing them up and snorting them that makes it unnerving to people.

I was prescribed Adderrall XR for a couple of years in HS. I never had any addiction issues with it.

It did have some very strange side effects though. Here are my thoughts:

1) If you take it while you work out, you take FOREVER to get fatigued, so you end up working out harder, and longer, with better results.

2) You experience tingling in your hands and feet.

3) Feels like you are on E for the first hour or so (especially when you first start taking it).

4) It makes your johnson shrivel like you just went swimming in antartica. This was a really weird side effect, but I guess I needed it at the end of the day being as blessed as I am. lol.

5) You don't eat for entire days sometimes. This is obviously bad, but I ended up losing 30lbs of body fat, and getting down under 10% body fat on it.

6) If you take too much, it will actually have an adverse effect. You will think SO much that your thoughts will jumble together, and you wont remember anything.

7) You get agitated when people interrupt your focus. In high school I freaked out on the hottest girl in school because she was speaking loudly in a class that I was trying to pay attention in.

8) I don't know if any other people who were prescribed the drug long term feel this way, but sometimes when in conversation (now-not when I took it), I feel I get stuck on the right words to use which should come very easy to me. I feel this may be a long term side effect. Not really like I feel like a mentally challenged person or anything, but I feel I get loss for words when I shouldn't from time to time. Kind of like when you are sloppy drunk and you know what you are trying to say mentally, but you can't get the words out of your mouth. I would be interested to see if any other long term percribed people had the same result.

9) Erradic heartbeat-especially when combined with coffee or redbull-duh.

10) Cotton mouth-Always wanted a soda around.

Pretty much nailed it here. I'm not prescribed so I'm not a regular user, but I've taken it about 5-10 times. I honestly should be prescribed because I have horrible focus. The times I do take it I feel normal and able to function, especially in school.

A lot of people take adderall recreationally which I think is pretty stupid. Everyone seems to self diagnose themselves as having ADD or ADHD which they just use as an excuse for their own laziness. It really is one of the most abused drugs out there but it's not like if you take this for a few months you'll go on some bender and lose your whole life.

Also, can't seem to find it right now but if you look at the chemical make ups of cocaine and adderall, they are nearly identical. Pretty weird to see.

Took adderall for 10 years or maybe longer. Eventually it turned me into a zombie. I wasn't the same person off the drug, and that scared me enough to drop it.

Also, can't seem to find it right now but if you look at the chemical make ups of cocaine and adderall, they are nearly identical. Pretty weird to see.

Cocaine is not chemically similar to adderall. Crystal Meth, methamphetamine, amphetamine are all basically the same molecule though.