What's the one car you sold in the past and still regret selling....?

kmr

1990 Mustang Cobra GT Convertible triple black.

Not because it was a great car, but it was the only thing my dad ever bought thinking of his own enjoyment and not something practical for the family. It was passed on to me when he died and like an idiot I sold it after a few years because I wanted to buy something else.

My 88 Ford Festiva that I had repainted BRG for $300. I had the biggest tires you fit on it...195 60 13's. I wish I had a picture of it.....went everywhere in it. I had the L, AM radio, no passenger side mirror, no rear defrost, no AC, 4 speed manual.

images.jpg

I had one of them in cream, my first car ever, seeing photos of yours brings back such nice memories :icon_thumleft:

Ouch. I hope it wasn't a special model....

No, just a plain package that came with a 327.

It was special to me because it was the car I built in high school with the money I made mowing lawns and working fast food. I got in waaaayyyy too much trouble street racing. Had to sell it.

These are terrible photos, but you get the idea. Thats a 454 bored .060 over. Big cam and heads. Made about 500 hp. Not bad for a teenager in 1989.

1967_CAMARO_SIDE.JPG

1967_CAMARO_ENGINE.JPG

My old Supra, I invested over 150K and 4 years of my life in that POS, should have kept it.

That's why I am keeping my Z3 Coupe. Too much modifications, too good condition and too rare paint to sell.

1964 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible

It was the first new car my parents ever bought. I was driven home from the hospital after I was born in that car. After five or six years, and with a growing family, my father sold it to his younger brothers. They used it until about 1978 when my dad bought it back from them and restored it a little. I then drove it throughout high school, and then sort of inherited the thing from my dad after I got married in 1985. I never really appreciated the car while I had it in high school, and when I was younger, it mostly languished in the garage since I was too broke to fix it up. I eventually sold it for $500 around 1992.

If I had that car now, I would resto-mod the shit out of it. Drop in a 289 with a four speed instead of the anemic straight six with the three on the tree transmission. Nice wheels and tires, upgraded brakes.... The Works!

Too bad I can't find the car, and then I couldn't share it with my dad since he passed away 18 months ago.

fcuk, now I'm upset :crybaby2:

I had a 1997 BMW M3 Coupe with Lux pack. It was tuned with B&B Exhaust, short shiter, strut brace and the like. It was Fern Green over Magma interior. That car was bulletproof, fast and it was fascinated with that car since it came out. I could not buy it back now for what I sold it for as that market, for some reason, has taken off.

I had a 1997 BMW M3 Coupe with Lux pack. It was tuned with B&B Exhaust, short shiter, strut brace and the like. It was Fern Green over Magma interior. That car was bulletproof, fast and it was fascinated with that car since it came out. I could not buy it back now for what I sold it for as that market, for some reason, has taken off.

I've a '98 E36 M3 approaching 230k kms. Had it since 78k kms. Thinking of selling but I know I'm going to be in your position if I do!

My father gave me his Lincoln LS in college and I sold it to get an M3 because it wasn't "young" enough for me.

It didn't really hit me until a year or two later, that car was really nice and it was in the family since new.

Young, and dumb...

My old Supra, I invested over 150K and 4 years of my life in that POS, should have kept it.

150k invested in a Supra lol= LOSER :icon_mrgreen:

150k invested in a Supra lol= LOSER :icon_mrgreen:

Hey I was young and dumb ;) I know it was like a century ago you could call yourself young but try and understand a loser :icon_mrgreen:

Would never do it again, but I should have kept it instead of sell it with a 100K loss.. Oh well..

my 996 GT3, diff gears, exhaust, & re-map

noting else i have ever driven has given me the rush this thing did.

GT3_2307.jpg

my 996 GT3, diff gears, exhaust, & re-map

noting else i have ever driven has given me the rush this thing did.

GT3_2307.jpg

Did you sell it ?

There are tons of cars that I've regretted selling over the years, funny thing is that when the opportunity arose to buy some back I've always passed.

Did you sell it ?

yeah, have a Twin Turbo now, dont really like it, its not my thing, so trying to offload that too LOL

yeah, have a Twin Turbo now, dont really like it, its not my thing, so trying to offload that too LOL

They must be the same color because I thought you owned the same car, all Porsches look the same to me :icon_mrgreen:

GLWS

I had this car, same colour and spec except my had a sliding roof.

2110647-1.jpg

bought for 800, sold for 2500, all NZ dollars.

Sad as when it rolled out my drive way.

I had this car, same colour and spec except my had a sliding roof.

2110647-1.jpg

bought for 800, sold for 2500, all NZ dollars.

Sad as when it rolled out my drive way.

I had a car exactly the same in white, that was my second car, ohh the memories :icon_mrgreen:

You guys have had some awesome cars over the years!