Wife's X5 Stolen

megachad

The wife went out with some girlfriends last night. She used Valet service to park the car. They got a little intoxicated and so they did the right thing and called a cab to get home. This morning we got a call from Wellsfargo saying they noticed suspicious activity on her credit card. Someone tried using her credit card at 2 different gas stations back to back.. Wells must have an amazing system to recognize that we don't usually fill up 2 cars back to back.. Anyway we ran to get the car and the car was no where to be found. We ran to the gas stations the thief fueled up and and we got to look at the surveillance video. Amazingly at the times of the transaction according to Wellsfargo we were able to get footage of the guy filling up our car..

The police have been the most worthless pieces of crap in this situation. No help whatsover..

Anyways we got a hold of BMW assist and set that up with the car. They are trying to track the car as I type this. Hopefully we can get the car back in decent condition..

post-19695-1348362474.jpg

post-19695-1348362490.jpg

You need to get lifelock or something similar asap. Get them to lock your credit, so anybody applying in you or your wife's name has to call you for approval. Car is secondary. Personally, I would hope it gets totaled, collect a check and get something newer and safer...

You need to get lifelock or something similar asap. Get them to lock your credit, so anybody applying in you or your wife's name has to call you for approval. Car is secondary. Personally, I would hope it gets totaled, collect a check and get something newer and safer...

Agreed on all accounts.. Hmm.. what would look better in the garage.. The only think that really makes me mad is the Camera in the car.. Nothing that special, but a lot of good family photos may be gone..

Agreed on all accounts.. Hmm.. what would look better in the garage.. The only think that really makes me mad is the Camera in the car.. Nothing that special, but a lot of good family photos may be gone..

That sucks..photos are irreplaceable. The new X5 is awesome, it's a lot bigger than yours. We had 2 diesels at one point. Still have one.

Chad hope all works well. If you do not keep the car my wife wants to sale her X6M. Best of luck with the recovery.

Best

PS - Was the key still with the Valet?

Chad hope all works well. If you do not keep the car my wife wants to sale her X6M. Best of luck with the recovery.

Best

PS - Was the key still with the Valet?

Yes we got keys back from Valet this morning.... They kept them in a vault.

Nice X. Is it a 4.8?

They are not easy to steal. Either you are dealing with pros or they flat bedded it, which sounds unlikely.

Good odds they will leave it sit somewhere for a few days just invade there was GPS installed. Or else they have already disabled it and stripped the car to pieces.

Sorry to hear. Hope you get your car back in decent shape, or the insurance company makes you whole.

In my experience also, the police aren't very helpful in these situations.

I've read quite abit about how Lifelock is garbage

I've read quite abit about how Lifelock is garbage

I was just using them as an example since they are the best known. I have no idea whether they are any good or not. We have used American Express Credit Secure since my wife's purse was stolen in 2002 when we lived in Los Gatos, CA. Then their was an unsuccessful attempt thanks to AMX to steal her identity. It's been very effective over the years.

Chad,I thought it was confirmed earlier that they were tracking the car and police were on the way? How have they not caught this douche yet.

BMW said they were sending out the signal and apprently they haven't gotten any good signals back on from the car. Still waiting.. Haven't found the car yet..

BMW said they were sending out the signal and apprently they haven't gotten any good signals back on from the car. Still waiting.. Haven't found the car yet..

Probably like you thought, pros. So they probably disabled the tracking system. Like other's said, if I have a car stolen I hope to NEVER see it again. It does suck about your camera though.

If you are dealing with pros which sounds like you are. If you didn't nofity BMW within minutes it will be parked in a shielded spot until they remove the tracking gear. It's probably been stripped by now. Look for the camera on craig's list, penny saver, eBay, local pawnshops etc.

I wanted to let everyone know that the BMW was found this morning and is at the impound lot. Now I get to deal with the issues with the car. I am told only broken glass, but we will see.

Thanks for all your support guys. I'll update what transpires!

Glad they got the car back if that was what you wanted. Maybe I missed it but nobody said anything yet about the fact that it was in possession of the valet. How the hell did it get stolen?

Recovery stories are rare, glad you got it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear!

I wanted to let everyone know that the BMW was found this morning and is at the impound lot. Now I get to deal with the issues with the car. I am told only broken glass, but we will see.

Thanks for all your support guys. I'll update what transpires!