Aventador Prices? Depreciation?

Fine2NR

I am just curious to opinions on how the Aventador will depreciate in the 6 months to a year? I have been keeping an eye on the market since the car has been released and prices are still around 50k over (some even selling for 500k). I remember back in 2002 when the Murcielago came out, they were marked up for maybe half a year before going back to sticker. The mark up on the Aventador is kind of reminding me of Ferrari 360 prices back in the early 2000's.

The mark up has kept me out of the market of wanting to own one because I wanted to be cautious of sudden price drops. Any opinions on when would be a good time to buy? Or would depreciation be similar to Ferrari 360's on how they were over sticker with steady depreciation?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. The '12 model cars will drop a little because the 13 will have upgrades plus the roadster plus whatever 50th anniversary car.

I think it will take a while though because there were so few '12 cars produced.

Your guess is as good as anyone else's. The '12 model cars will drop a little because the 13 will have upgrades plus the roadster plus whatever 50th anniversary car.

I think it will take a while though because there were so few '12 cars produced.

2011-2012's are the only that will ever be built without cylinder deactivation and stop/start. I hope the SV drops them too, but I doubt it.

I am just curious to opinions on how the Aventador will depreciate in the 6 months to a year? I have been keeping an eye on the market since the car has been released and prices are still around 50k over (some even selling for 500k). I remember back in 2002 when the Murcielago came out, they were marked up for maybe half a year before going back to sticker. The mark up on the Aventador is kind of reminding me of Ferrari 360 prices back in the early 2000's.

The mark up has kept me out of the market of wanting to own one because I wanted to be cautious of sudden price drops. Any opinions on when would be a good time to buy? Or would depreciation be similar to Ferrari 360's on how they were over sticker with steady depreciation?

If you are afraid of sudden price drops buying a half million dollar exotic in its first couple years of production doesn't seem to be the wisest choice to me.

JMO, but I don't think 50 over is the "going rate" anymore either. More like MSRP. The market seems to be softening a little IMO.

All the ones advertised here range from £20-60k over list.

Dealers are offering money back on them with several thousand miles on the clock, so I assume they are still making a bit on them. Can't see it lasting that much longer though as there is lots of interesting stuff coming out, albeit not direct competition.

Was wondering if i should sell mine, problem is I cant think of anything even close to the price I would rather have, car is a beast. The only thing i'm liking the idea of at the moment is a bolt on TT LP570, but i would miss the drama of the big boy. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Forgot to add, I think prices are also being held up because for new orders the pricelist is quite a bit more, i looked at ordering another one and for the same spec it was nearly £20k more and quite a long wait still.

Forgot to add, I think prices are also being held up because for new orders the pricelist is quite a bit more, i looked at ordering another one and for the same spec it was nearly £20k more and quite a long wait still.

Yes, the price is going up. The Aventador is a few years away from selling under list.

They are still over sticker, but they arent 500k and you can definitely get them for less than 50k over. I wouldnt worry about depreciation, buy it for the enjoyment and experience, which will exceed any losses.

Used they are still over sticker.. Good to see!

First lambo that has held value and made money on a new car since.......ever. :lol2:

What MY does the longer warranty kick in? Surely that will affect resale value?

Next year. A lot of the updates can be added through software, carbon bits, etc but not the warranty so they say.

Dealer tells me for the extra year warranty you have to add it as an option when ordering the car and pay for it, can't be added afterwards. Says a lot of poeple will not tick the box as won't own the car long enough to need it, so see it as money for nothing.

• 1 month later...

Car will hold value steadily as long as there is still a list to order one. I don't see dealers with brand new cars sitting in inventory. That has ALWAYS been the typical problem with Lambo, they build more than enough to meet market demand. When you have 100 guys that want them, and you build 75, you will maintain the market for quite a while. I don't think you are going to get killed if you buy one anytime soon as long as you make your best buying choice. Over MSRP, a little, 50k over I don't think that is realistic anymore.

You can order a new one at msrp now

You have always been able to *order* Aventador's at sticker. The question is, has the wait time shortened? With Roadster production in progress they will not be making as many coupes, so that should keep it slow.

Car will hold value steadily as long as there is still a list to order one. I don't see dealers with brand new cars sitting in inventory. That has ALWAYS been the typical problem with Lambo, they build more than enough to meet market demand. When you have 100 guys that want them, and you build 75, you will maintain the market for quite a while. I don't think you are going to get killed if you buy one anytime soon as long as you make your best buying choice. Over MSRP, a little, 50k over I don't think that is realistic anymore.

:iamwithstupid:

With the roadster in production, I would only buy a coupe at sticker, not above. But I would expect a wait period.

:iamwithstupid:

With the roadster in production, I would only buy a coupe at sticker, not above. But I would expect a wait period.

Looks like markdowns on used low mileage coupes have now gone to around 10K over sticker.

I also heard customer roadster orders will not hit actually start hitting our shores until another 6 months!!

Looks like markdowns on used low mileage coupes have now gone to around 10K over sticker.

I also heard customer roadster orders will not hit actually start hitting our shores until another 6 months!!

Only problem I have with switching to an Aventador is that it's too damn wide for the third bay of my garage. I can barely get a QX56 into it with the mirrors closed but I'd have a freaking heartattack trying to sail an Aventador into it. Up an incline. In the snow. Ok no snow but...

Only problem I have with switching to an Aventador is that it's too damn wide for the third bay of my garage. I can barely get a QX56 into it with the mirrors closed but I'd have a freaking heartattack trying to sail an Aventador into it. Up an incline. In the snow. Ok no snow but...

Lol I am having same issues trying to safely fit cayenne and aventador in my garage.

The car is so much wider than a gallardo