‎20 States have petitioned to trade the Union for independent government! Crazy...

MHaynes772

Why does Homeland Security need ONE round of Ammo? Much less half a billion rounds?

because the department of homeland security is the parent of many gun wielding services. Coast Guard, Boarder Patrol, Secret Service, Immigration, etc.

because the department of homeland security is the parent of many gun wielding services. Coast Guard, Boarder Patrol, Secret Service, Immigration, etc.

:iamwithstupid: I like when people who carry guns, train shooting them.... So when they shoot at the dirtbag, they dont hit me by mistake.... That requires ammo.

Why can't the Coast Guard request them? Why can't immigration request them? Why does it have to be split up by Janet Napolitano, as she sees fit? I'm just saying, there's no need for this many hollow points...

I certainly have no problem with the Border Patrol or Coast Guard having plenty of ammo, but there has been a large uptick in armed feds who work for other departments that seems much more unusual. Did you know that the DOE has a bunch of armed agents out running around? An no I'm not talking about the Dept. of Energy, which presumably has nuclear installations to take care of, I'm talking about the Dept. of Education. I first heard about them when some of them kicked in a guy's door and scared the hell out of him and his kids while they searched the place for his wife (or ex-wife, I can't recall), who was apparently wanted for some sort of fraud connected to student loans. That's nuts IMO.

Don't forget the IRS, they will surely have a need for an uptick in ammo to collect taxes owed from all the small business owners! :fsniper:

When Obama first got the job there was much guffawing inducing uproar about people moving to Canada.

How many actually did it?

Now Ii presume this is the 2012 version?

Exactly this...

and maybe there can be some light shed here as to how the last time a state tried to secede and how well that worked out?

Lol this will never happen and I'm sure if by some chance it did, the process would take over 4 years to complete. They'd come running back to us so fast it wouldn't even be funny.

I certainly have no problem with the Border Patrol or Coast Guard having plenty of ammo, but there has been a large uptick in armed feds who work for other departments that seems much more unusual. Did you know that the DOE has a bunch of armed agents out running around? An no I'm not talking about the Dept. of Energy, which presumably has nuclear installations to take care of, I'm talking about the Dept. of Education. I first heard about them when some of them kicked in a guy's door and scared the hell out of him and his kids while they searched the place for his wife (or ex-wife, I can't recall), who was apparently wanted for some sort of fraud connected to student loans. That's nuts IMO.

I think it was this guys ex-Wife defaulted on her student loans, Dept. Of Ed. has it's own SWAT team, and raided the guys house and detained him for six hours. I don't have it in front of me, but a sad state of affairs indeed.

Why can't the Coast Guard request them? Why can't immigration request them? Why does it have to be split up by Janet Napolitano, as she sees fit? I'm just saying, there's no need for this many hollow points...

Take off the tinfoil hat.

This is the point of DHS... Putting all of these disparate groups under one roof, so that they can share information and resources and cut down on redundancy. I guarantee by buying like this they are SAVING MONEY.... GOD FORBID!

BTW, why the distinction of "hollow points"? You train with what you use...

Customs and border patrol uses the Hk p200 and the UMP for their weapons of choice both chambered in 40cal. they also use ar's for their assault gear

Customs uses the Hk p200 and the UMP for their weapons of choice both chambered in 40cal. they also use ar's for their assault gear

Which brings up an interesting point.... Secret service (the smallest part of DHS) uses .357 sig... You should check out how many rounds they bought last time... IIRC it was 1/4 of a million rounds.

Training, training, training.

Which brings up an interesting point.... Secret service (the smallest part of DHS) uses .357 sig... You should check out how many rounds they bought last time... IIRC it was 1/4 of a million rounds.

:iamwithstupid: I know a bunch of CBP guys (range buddies) and I get text messages every damn weekend asking if I wana come with but holy hell can those guys shoot. One of the old guys can do a pop can at 100 with his damn P2000 pretty consistently. Also a point that alot people dont realize many of the DHS agencies are required to work with the local PD on patrol for a while every so often so that they can maintain a peace officer presence as well as what their other duties may be (pilot, case officer etc)

The department of homeland security just ordered 450 million .40 rounds...makes you wonder?

From Politifact " The release says ATK has been awarded an "Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quality" agreement from Homeland Security and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for .40 caliber ammunition. "This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds," the release says. It adds that ATK already was supplying such ammunition.

The release, noting that deliveries are expected to begin in June 2012, quotes Ron Johnson, president of ATK's Security and Sporting group, saying that the bullet will "continue to serve those who keep our borders safe."

Next, we reached Homeland Security spokesman Matthew Chandler who said by email that the cited quantity of up to 450 million rounds is "the quantity projected to be used over the next five years."

That's good for me. While it's not my division, it boosts the company overall.

This is the point of DHS... Putting all of these disparate groups under one roof, so that they can share information and resources and cut down on redundancy. I guarantee by buying like this they are SAVING MONEY.... GOD FORBID!

They are saving HUGE money buying like this. They get their ammo cheaper than we get it as employees and we get it cheap. We supply Ammo to damn near every law enforcement and government agency in the U.S. and even quite a few outside the U.S.

For those that think this is really going to happen I have a better website for you to visit. www.abovetopsecret.com

Sorry for the off topic but I dare any of you to go to that website and actually read some of the comments, it took less than 10 minutes for my brains to turn to mush.

For those that think this is really going to happen I have a better website for you to visit. www.abovetopsecret.com

Sorry for the off topic but I dare any of you to go to that website and actually read some of the comments, it took less than 10 minutes for my brains to turn to mush.

We used to warehouse paranoid schizophrenics in mental hospitals... Now we keep them busy on websites like that.

I heard SS agents have to qualify once a week. They shoot in training more than any other law enforcement agency.

There are people in my state who reproduce who honestly believe a missile from a drone was the root cause of a neighborhood home explosion in Indiananpolis a few days ago. Tin foil is flying off the shelves...