How far we have came!!!

NuclearJACK

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pole Position!

lmao!...Pole Position rocked! Man, I used to play that on my badass Atari 5200 all the time! I was like Rick Mears (4-time Indy 500 winner) driving that thing! Yeah man! :lol2:

I grew up with some pretty horrible games on SNES (my first console). But these were the games I remembered most. I had a crowd of people around me when playing Crusin' World on the arcade as a kid!

post-6125-1353718446.jpeg

post-6125-1353718495.jpeg

This is the first racing game both me and my wife remember (we're a little younger than most here):

My favorite game for racing was on Nintendo 64 though. It was so hard...beating this game was a serious accomplishment. Knowing what I know now it is because every car freaking oversteers! I also loved that it had race cars and not street cars:

For me it was hard drivin' and later race drivin'. It was the first one at the arcade with the clutch pedal and shift knob. Holy shit did I spend some money on that one. I trie to find one in decent shape for my game room, but they are all pretty beat.

For me it was hard drivin' and later race drivin'. It was the first one at the arcade with the clutch pedal and shift knob. Holy shit did I spend some money on that one. I trie to find one in decent shape for my game room, but they are all pretty beat.

I used to love that game.. It was considered realistic for its time! Lol

What game is that? I want to play it.

Does anyone remember 1987 and racing a Countach from the police playing the computer game Test Drive?

Turn the volume down for the first video

and yesterday I bought Need for speed Most Wanted 2012 for my Samsung note 2.

A lot changes in 25 years.

This is like the actual difference between a 1987 countach and a 2012 aventador.. Sometimes the old games are still fun to play, but they are nothing like the new ones.

Sega Rally Arcade

"easy left, easy right!"

Ah the memories :)

men i skipped school so many times to go to the arcade and spend countless hours playing that game...good times :)

Since we're on the topic, anyone have a good recommendation for a PC simulator wheel? all 3 pedals, quality wheel with quality force feedback, etc?

Since we're on the topic, anyone have a good recommendation for a PC simulator wheel? all 3 pedals, quality wheel with quality force feedback, etc?

YES.

Fanatec.

If you want something better than a Logitech G27 but that won't break the bank a Fanatec CSR set is a great buy. I just bought a wheel and pedal set and I love it!

You can adjust all the sensitivity and feedback settings on the wheel. It has alcantera wrapping the palm grip. Works with PC, PS3 and Xbox360.

The pedals are fully adjustable for tension, and you can remove them from the base and install them into a simulation cockpit. You can also move them within the base for better spacing to allow for more comfortable hell/toe.

If you want something a bit more high end, you can get the CSR Elite wheel. It has way more precise action and allows for 900 degree turning.

The elite pedals have a unique clutch feel, and they have a tension based brake pedal. Also fully adjustable and removable.

There is yet another step up from there. Clubsport pedals and wheel.

The clubsport wheel has a quick disconnect on the base. It allows you to swap out the wheel that you are using. They have a BMW GT2 wheel replica as well as an F1 replica. They use the same disconnect mechanism as a race car would.

The pedals are fully adjustable, completely made of alluminum. These ones don't dismantle, but they are a sturdier setup.

All of the pedals have options for vertical mounting kits as well.

here's an unboxing video i did of them a couple weeks ago.

YES. Fanatec.

If you want something better than a Logitech G27 but that won't break the bank a Fanatec CSR set is a great buy. I just bought a wheel and pedal set and I love it!

:iamwithstupid:

Bought a CSR kit about a year ago now when it first started shipping and have been loving it ever since. Best wheel I've ever owned by a wide margin.

I played the new Need For Speed and something that bothers me is when the police are in pursuit- and you are driving the Gallardo- they still say "In pursuit of a Guh-lar-doe"... Other than that, the game is the tits.

I dumped countless quarters into Outrun and Turbo Outrun.

Finally got to where I could play Turbo Outrun start to finish (Coast to coast) with ONE quarter...

turbo-title.png

turbo-4.png

turbo-arcade.png

I played the new Need For Speed and something that bothers me is when the police are in pursuit- and you are driving the Gallardo- they still say "In pursuit of a Guh-lar-doe"... Other than that, the game is the tits.

I don't know if I'm giving too much credit to developers but maybe its a joke on the police since it's such a commonly mispronounced name even after so many years? :lol2: Maybe not, either way I haven't gotten to play that one yet and I should probably get my hands on it soon.