best sports car under 30k

1meanGSL

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheapest new car worth driving....Mitsu Evo. Though it needs a tune and exhaust, otherwise it is too slow. $38-$40k when finished. Needs at least 400 hp to make it interesting. Many other used choices....

They dont make sports cars under $30k. New Sports cars start at $50k. Anything cheaper then that is just "sporty"

:iamwithstupid:

Waste of time unless you open it up for used cars.

Abarth is fun for sure and well under $30k....

370z, msrp is $32k, but I'm sure you can get a few grand off, RWD, 6 speed manual and 332HP, not bad....

Mustang GT base price is $30k with 420HP....

I've heard the fiat 500 abarth is fun.

I would say Mustang GT. A base model with cloth interior puts you in that range. I do agree that there is not really a sports car in that price range; just sporty cars.

They dont make sports cars under $30k. New Sports cars start at $50k. Anything cheaper then that is just "sporty"

Agreed.

I dont know if Sti/Evo's can be considered as sportscars and new they are over 30k. But you can get in a 370z for about 29k according to some Ive read on its forum...As mentioned above its got 332hp.. It does look like it costs more than 30k and it handles pretty good. RWD, 332hp, slick tranny, slicker looks than anything in its price range and you got a pretty good sportscar for about 30k. Not to mention a healthy aftermarket if one would so choose to go in the modding direction...

I would open this up to used cars, and you can have a whole lot more fun with this thread....

Waste of time unless you open it up for used cars.

Used sports cars at 30k are doable. You can have some nice options. New is overrated.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait for the new Corvette C7 to come out and buy a C6 Z-06 . It beats most supercars around the track. Best bang for the buck no questions asked. Completely destroys anything mentioned in this thread. Atleast performance wise.