2013 New Years Resolutions?!

SV-N-IT

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not making any new years resolution.

But...

The last few weeks things in my personal life have rocketed to an all new high. She is perfect for me.

That festering pile of dog shit turned out well. From now on all of my new years resolutions are going to be about me becoming a bigger arsehole.

All of my resolutions are going to be about sleeping with more low moralled wenches and drink more.

If any of those acts involve the releasing of dangerous animals from the zoo or punching small elderly people square in the face then so be it.

That festering pile of dog shit turned out well. From now on all of my new years resolutions are going to be about me becoming a bigger arsehole.

All of my resolutions are going to be about sleeping with more low moralled wenches and drink more.

If any of those acts involve the releasing of dangerous animals from the zoo or punching small elderly people square in the face then so be it.

lol stay positive bud

Great thread, my resolutions are:

- Stay single this time (can't loose focus due to GF again)

- Finish Stockholm Marathon (never tried, not a runner)

- Do a minimum of five track days (the thing I love to do the most but it's been close to zero for the last couple of years)

- Do something else than what I am currently doing for a living

Let's make it happen! :icon_thumleft:

Damn, didnt realize this was the resolutions for 2013 thread.

With only 7 days left, staying single should be within reach. The other parts might get a bit more tricky. :eusa_think:

I have the same resolution every year. Don't die. I've been pretty successful so far. A couple close calls, but overall I've managed to keep it together. Knock on wood.

I like to go with the flow and do my best every step of the way, one thing I would like is to work less but that's not going to happen because I am a fricking workaholic, I am sure some can relate.

I like to go with the flow and do my best every step of the way, one thing I would like is to work less but that's not going to happen because I am a fricking workaholic, I am sure some can relate.

:iamwithstupid: I try to do my best no matter what. But with work i have to draw a line... Otherwise you wind up with high bp etc.....

I hope to be able to increase my activity level and lose weight. The first part is subject to medical clearance, the 2nd part is just going to take some work

Epic Fail

This year my New Years resolution is to get out of bed every day

I think I can nail this one

Epic Fail

This year my New Years resolution is to get out of bed every day

I think I can nail this one

I'm hoping for the same. If I can roll out onto the floor whenever I get out of bed, it's a success.

Great question!

Spewing a related thought here: Being 20 years old in a family with the most expensive car in our driveway a Pontiac G6, reading all these threads about such amazing cars, it initially urged me to ask what everyone does as a career. It must annoy the hell out of you guys the random guy that I'm sure joins to ask that - who I'm sure also gets banned after because you guys are on top of it. I realized, though, that we all have our paths in life, and so I don't really want to know :). I will get to where many of you are the way most of you did so - by making a ton of mistakes and sacrifice (some cuss words and lost sleep) but never giving up.

For some the means to acquire nice things comes with inheritance and those sort of "golden spoon" related themes - however I know and I am sure you all agree that the vast majority of members who actually own a Lambo on LP have worked their asses off and still do for such a lifestyle. I think, unfortunately, many people (especially close to my age) think there are a few golden tips and tricks/rules and a steps to adhere to like a "Ten Commandments to be able to buy a Lambo" exists or something.

It is awesome reading much of the things you all want to achieve this next year not related to cars - like being healthier and giving back more. For those who haven't and want a goal to shoot for other than a weight number, I challenge you to sign up for a Sprint Triathlon at X date in the future. Pay for it early, and block out that day. That way you have to train for it or you risk not finishing - or drowning haha! Have some fun with it and challenge an out of shape friend to train with you - and you can race each other or place bets. I am a triathlete at Michigan State so ask me if you want any good training plans. As for giving back I worked with Big Brothers Big Sisters XLT at an internship and that Org is amazing. Let me know if you want info on that I can get you in contact with the right people.

As for my resolutions:

1) I have had 2 internships at Stryker Corp (the Med Tech one), and will be returning this summer to help improve their Supply Chain. I would like to kick ass there again and save the company thousands.

2) I pitched a start up executive summary to the director of a incubator and he loved it - so I want to make some mistakes and hopefully get that company making some money by the end of 2014!

3) Gain a traveler's vocab needed to survive in China. I am enrolling in Mandarin courses and plan to visit next year for insight into their culture in business

4) Plyo and quick-twitch muscle strengthening - so I can easily dunk a B-ball by the end of the year!

SalientSpartan, there was something about you which I liked from your post # 1, from day one you were very polite and had the right attitude,I am certain you will be successful, if I can give you a bit of advice, whatever you do put 100% into it, don't focus on the dollar amount focus on being successful and strive to be the best at whatever you do, you should always remember dollars don't always equal success, work hard, stay positive and never take no for an answer, good luck with your goals, you will fit right in here :icon_thumleft:

SalientSpartan, there was something about you which I liked from your post # 1, from day one you were very polite and had the right attitude,I am certain you will be successful, if I can give you a bit of advice, whatever you do put 100% into it, don't focus on the dollar amount focus on being successful and strive to be the best at whatever you do, you should always remember dollars don't always equal success, work hard, stay positive and never take no for an answer, good luck with your goals, you will fit right in here :icon_thumleft:

Thank you for the kind words and awesome advice! I agree. One thing I have been good at that I think people pretty much have to be good at to be ultimately successful (without having a heart attack from stress at age 29 lol) is to re-frame what others may see as failure as your own success. Perfect example is I might not sell this STS, but I already sold her R8 - which was a big step up from selling my 91 Cadillac for my Motorcycle :lol2: . Furthermore through aspiring to sell the STS thus far I have established great relationships with owners of dealerships who I know will take care of me when I gain the money needed for a good DD, and have joined an awesome community in LP. Most of the time you can find small successes in failures - unless you completely screw everything up haha.

Good luck next year everyone!

More pleasure travel, get out of the house more, more active (was down a while this year with partial ligament tears in one knee), and get another car.