2013 New Years Resolutions?!

SV-N-IT

On that note-I just spent a couple grand buying a whole new bedroom set for one of my spare bedrooms so during the week-I can sleep without hearing the baby crying-and so my parents and my wifes parents can sleep at our place to watch our kid if we want to go out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here it goes:

1) Continue to eat properly.

2) Drop a pant size or two

3) Finish undergrad.

4) Be accepted into grad school.

5) Get my fashion business off the ground.

6) Play a BIG concert.

7) Get my dad's tattoo art business up and running.

I am not making any new years resolution.

But...

The last few weeks things in my personal life have rocketed to an all new high. She is perfect for me.

It made me realise that I need to change my work situation so that my work / personal life balance is just right. I had a great Christmas with my family and friends and her so going back today just highlighted every thing that is wrong right now.

My body is improving and reacting to my new workout/diet plan, my friends are great in that I do not need to see them everyday I do not need to be in constant contact with them and conversation just picks up where we left it.

It just shows it does not have to be a calendar day that triggers you wanting change in your life, it could be any minute hand ticking by.

My personal life is always being taken over by work, deals, business, etc. I am addicted to it, so mine is a bit of a 3 year goal rather than a 2013 only goal, I WILL retire or semi-retire :icon_mrgreen: at 40 so I will be working very hard for the next 3 years, I have a lot of projects locked in for 2013 and I hope I can pull them all off on time.

Oh and I want to start playing soccer again but as usual I will be very busy so I don't think it will happen :icon_mrgreen:

awesome! it will be great to revisit this thread 6mos from now to see if we are all on track.

i forgot my most important resolution for 13'.

BE ON TIME! i have a big problem with this. (but its getting better)

• Get back into the proper diet/workout regimen that I've gotten sidetracked from
  • Move forward with a side business project
  • Get into MMA

That's a start. There will always be other things but I'll keep it small for now!

Mine are as follows:

First one comes with kind of a story-My wife and I have TONS of friends-some close, and some we hang out with from time to time. As life has progressed, some of my friends have been more distant (having kids, or partying like crazy which I cant do all the time because my wife is pregnant). I am the type of person that whether we are best friends or just acquantances-If I tell you I am going to show up to something-I will ALWAYS show up. I will even be on time or early 85%-95% of the time. Maybe its the lazy South Florida Latin culture, but many times, I will make plans with friends for dinner as an example as a double date with my wife and another couple. They will show up an hour late, or those with kids will say-my kid is throwing up now, and we can't make it-when we are ALREADY at the place! I find this INCREDIBLY disrespectful, and annoying. Another example-I had a Barbque planned for about 2 weeks for new years day. 22 Adults/4 kids confirmed. 12 adults/2 kids showed up. I bought $250 worth of amazing Argentinian beef from a butcher. So of course I was pissed for the first day of the year to start when it did, and heard every excuse in the books from my friends on why they couldn't make it.

I also feel that even with my close friends lately-I put forth all the effort to stay friends-texting them or calling them a few times a month to see if they are still alive.

So one of my resolution is-if ANYONE-friends, family, and acquantances want to spend time with me in 2013-they have to initiate it by calling or texting me. If they sell me out other than what I consider a MAJOR emergency-they are no longer going to be in my life-PERIOD.

Second resolution-I have been hitting the gym 5 days a week for the past 5 Months or so, and have seen considerable gains in muscle mass. However-I have been slacking on the cardio as I give the weights my ALL when I am in the gym, and I am too tired for cardio while I am there. So the solution is for me to wake up at 5 am and hit the gym- run 3-4 miles a day on the treadmill to get my day started. Work from 8am-5:30pm. Hour and a half drive home. Weights at the gym from 7:30pm-8:30pm. Dinner at 9pm. Asleep by 9:30pm. 5 days a week. Hardest part will be KEEPING this routine with a baby coming in March

Third resolution is to buy a third car (sports car) by the end of the year. Have been spending too much on my home, and my wife. Time to spoil myself a little

Mike, you're hitting that magical age where friends in your life really start diverging and doing what's best for them (and many of course do not adhere to old school standards of not flaking on plans, unfortunately). Married, single...it's all the same really.

Glad you're back in the gym. That's a crazy routine, baby or no baby.

The last few weeks things in my personal life have rocketed to an all new high. She is perfect for me.

It just shows it does not have to be a calendar day that triggers you wanting change in your life, it could be any minute hand ticking by.

Cappy....I feel the SAME way! So happy it's mutual :wub: :wub: :wub:

I don't do new years resolutions. For me - every day is an effort at being a better person, and making good decisions with priorities in order. Life is short and I want to spend time with people I care about. I try to be generous and charitable and fun and laugh a lot and make others laugh, and be a person others want to be around.

(Cappy: j/k....very happy for you that you found someone special. Hoping 2013 is your best year yet!!! :icon_thumleft: )

Mike, you're hitting that magical age where friends in your life really start diverging and doing what's best for them (and many of course do not adhere to old school standards of not flaking on plans, unfortunately). Married, single...it's all the same really.

Honestly-I have a tremendously busy life, and I was still making a conscious effort to make time for several circles of friends. If I said I would show up at any time-i would. I realized what happens when people get older is they get selfish as you mentioned above. My resolution will weed out the fcuking loser "friends" quickly. If I have 5 real friends at the end of it-I am fine with that.

Glad you're back in the gym. That's a crazy routine, baby or no baby.

yeah-my routine is tough now-but I want to take it to the next level. I try to never be complacent with where I am currently and always try to get better looking every day. lol.

1) Get in shape. I admire some of your goals, mine is just simply weight loss.

2) Start my business. Now that I'm done with college, I'm going give my idea a shot and see what happens. I'm young enough to fail, but I don't want to be too old and full of regret.

That's really it. If I can do those two things this year, successfully, I will be grinning from ear to ear.

Oh, and also get back into music and playing guitar. I was really good and haven't played very much the last several years.

I love the motivation on here!

I hope to be able to increase my activity level and lose weight. The first part is subject to medical clearance, the 2nd part is just going to take some work

almost a week now and im on track.

i set all my clocks 10min ahead for my time issues. lets see what happens lol

good luck guys, especially with the medical goals!

• 11 months later...

approaching 2014, I figured this was a good time to dig up this post and see where everyone is as far as reaching 13' goals. im 50/50 on reaching my goals, but im hoping to be 100% by this time next year. its also crazy to see how your goals change and what was important a year ago is not so important now lol

I don't make resolutions anymore. Much like a spur of the moment motivational decision, I prefer to just try and change things as things seem to need or fit change. If I have to wait till a specific day once a year to do something about stuff that needs changed, I'd be a mess.

I don't make resolutions anymore. Much like a spur of the moment motivational decision, I prefer to just try and change things as things seem to need or fit change. If I have to wait till a specific day once a year to do something about stuff that needs changed, I'd be a mess.

my 2014 resolution is to buy a Lambo. been talking about it far too long!

if you include friends in your resolutions, chances of you sticking with them are much greater! (atleast i hope so) lol

mine are:

stay more focused in the office (less FB, personal texting/emails, getting off track)

listen to or read one motivational book or CD, atleast once a month.

clean up diet and focus when at gym. (no talking/BSing) give it all you got for 60min. 5 days a week!

i hope to revisit this thread 6 months from now to see that im on track!

this should be interesting :)

Bill- if memory serves me your resolutions are the same as last years :)

Ha! All the best in 2014!

Bill- if memory serves me your resolutions are the same as last years :)

Ha! All the best in 2014!

Exactly but I have 2 new ones lol

You too bud! Happy and healthy!

Great thread, my resolutions are:

- Stay single this time (can't loose focus due to GF again)

- Finish Stockholm Marathon (never tried, not a runner)

- Do a minimum of five track days (the thing I love to do the most but it's been close to zero for the last couple of years)

- Do something else than what I am currently doing for a living

Let's make it happen! :icon_thumleft: