New year, new plans..

Kisco

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGR quotes the same 1000 whp on pump gas for both LP and non-LP unless you go to the "R" builds?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzJgh0plwA

Here is Scotty's Stage 3 Pre LP car on pump gas making 850 AWHP at a 3rd party dyno. I think your car being a larger 5.2 liter LP motor, same day would probably be 900-950 or so AWHP on pump. Now race gas would be anybody's guess.

UGR quotes the same 1000 whp on pump gas for both LP and non-LP unless you go to the "R" builds?

I am pretty sure if you have an LP and pre-LP side by side, both on the same set up, some boost, and same dyno, that the LP is going to make more whp simply based on displacement. This is my guess.

But at the end of the day, an LP or non LP on a stage 3 set up won't be able to make more than 1250 rwhp on race gas due to the stock trans (and maybe some other things)

This is how I understand it.

I am pretty sure if you have an LP and pre-LP side by side, both on the same set up, some boost, and same dyno, that the LP is going to make more whp simply based on displacement. This is my guess.

But at the end of the day, an LP or non LP on a stage 3 set up won't be able to make more than 1250 rwhp on race gas due to the stock trans (and maybe some other things)

This is how I understand it.

Since they advertise them at the same HP numbers based on package (not on G vs LP), they probably adjust the tune to keep them @ the same. 20+hp difference is literally 1 degree of timing (maybe even less) on a boosted engine like what they are building.

I would believe if they said the advertised numbers are easier to get to on the LP. They may have to "lean" on the tune a bit more of a G or "detune" the LP whichever way you want to look at it.

EDIT: My guess on the other thread where you asked the LP vs the G which is faster has something to do with the manual vs egear. an automatic transmission is going to keep a turbo loaded, vs a manual that as soon as you press the clutch you lose the load. Twins spool insanely quick under load but still that makes an auto faster, and driver skill comes into play on how fast someone is rowing the gears.

Since they advertise them at the same HP numbers based on package (not on G vs LP), they probably adjust the tune to keep them @ the same. 20+hp difference is literally 1 degree of timing (maybe even less) on a boosted engine like what they are building.

I would believe if they said the advertised numbers are easier to get to on the LP. They may have to "lean" on the tune a bit more of a G or "detune" the LP whichever way you want to look at it.

EDIT: My guess on the other thread where you asked the LP vs the G which is faster has something to do with the manual vs egear. an automatic transmission is going to keep a turbo loaded, vs a manual that as soon as you press the clutch you lose the load. Twins spool insanely quick under load but still that makes an auto faster, and driver skill comes into play on how fast someone is rowing the gears.

You may be right as I am not sure how UGR finalizes the tunes on the LP verse non-LP, but my comments about power still stands - more displacement = more power given equal set-ups. Now whether or not they adjust the tune to match the power between the two models...I don't know.

Regarding which is faster, yes, the LP560 E-gear is likely to lose less boost between shifts over a manual but don't forget about more power under curve as well

You may be right as I am not sure how UGR finalizes the tunes on the LP verse non-LP, but my comments about power still stands - more displacement = more power given equal set-ups. Now whether or not they adjust the tune to match the power between the two models...I don't know.

Regarding which is faster, yes, the E-gear is likely to lose less boost between shifts but don't forget about more power under curve as well.

Egear 560/570 will be faster than the 6 speed on a roll race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzJgh0plwA

Here is Scotty's Stage 3 Pre LP car on pump gas making 850 AWHP at a 3rd party dyno. I think your car being a larger 5.2 liter LP motor, same day would probably be 900-950 or so AWHP on pump. Now race gas would be anybody's guess.

On a Dyno-Jet that car will make advertised power (1000whp) on the high pump setting (15 pounds). With AVG weather conditions.

Quick update...

Engine is out of the car to make its way to the engine shop. Should have some pics tomorrow. Hopefully since the turbo kit is already assembled that it will be a cake walk to completion once the engine returns.

I will swing by PL and grab your engine... It is in my neck of the woods.

Make sure to put race heads on it for me before it gets back to Kevin.. :icon_mrgreen:

Quick update...

Engine is out of the car to make its way to the engine shop. Should have some pics tomorrow. Hopefully since the turbo kit is already assembled that it will be a cake walk to completion once the engine returns.

Awesome! My experiences have been that machine shops are the slowest moving creatures on the face of the earth! They are a different breed. Hope it moves quick! I kinda wondered if UR had some "built" short blocks on hand, or everything was built to individual spec since each kit probably has somethings a little different.

On a Dyno-Jet that car will make advertised power (1000whp) on the high pump setting (15 pounds). With AVG weather conditions.

you guys measure in RWHP though correct? So I thought 875awhp would be a relatively good number from a 3rd party dyno on a hot florida day if it would normally be 1000rwhp.

Awesome! My experiences have been that machine shops are the slowest moving creatures on the face of the earth! They are a different breed. Hope it moves quick! I kinda wondered if UR had some "built" short blocks on hand, or everything was built to individual spec since each kit probably has somethings a little different.

Kevin had a built short block for me sitting on his shop floor a while ago but at that time I was set on a bolt on kit. When I decided to build it I am assuming that built block sold since Kevin said my block is getting sent out to get worked over. So to answer your question, if I had to guess, there are times where a built block is available and other times it's not.

you guys measure in RWHP though correct? So I thought 875awhp would be a relatively good number from a 3rd party dyno on a hot florida day if it would normally be 1000rwhp.

Ya, they measure rwhp / dynojet. If that was a dynojet in the video you posted Mike, it probably would have been closer to 875 awhp or so.

So my guess is on a dynojet my car will make 875-900 awhp on highest pump setting and 1100-1150 awhp on race gas. Just throwing out arbitrary numbers, I have no idea how close / far off I would actually be. All dynos are different which is exactly why I would much rather measure power by 60-130 or trap speeds.

I want 147 on highest pump and 157 on race....Kevin, do me right! (no homo) :icon_mrgreen:

I saw your car and it was sparkling on the lift with custom UGR fender covers on it, lol.

The turbo kit was installed without the engine which seems to be perfect considering its the best storage place I could think of. The kit looked nice as usual. Your going to love this place....candy store for Lambo fans!

1021708[/url]']

No, was it a dyno-jet or some other brand dyno?

1021677[/url]']

Not my machine shop, those guys are the shit!;)

No, was it a dyno-jet or some other brand dyno?

I dont know dynos that well brotha. I was trying to find a recent AWD video readout for Fadi on a UGR car stage 3 car, and that was the only one I found.

My question was, when you guys measure power on your builds, it is to the rear wheels correct? not all 4 wheels?

My question was, when you guys measure power on your builds, it is to the rear wheels correct? not all 4 wheels?

i measure the power by how crowded my rearview mirror looks

I dont know dynos that well brotha. I was trying to find a recent AWD video readout for Fadi on a UGR car stage 3 car, and that was the only one I found.

I would assume UGR uses an AWD dyno base don the fact he is saying numerous times WHP and not RWHP. No sense in tuning something with just the rear wheels turning when once it hits the street its going to be AWD. (I have no clue how easy or hard it is to convert a lambo to RWD).

1021833[/url]']

I would assume UGR uses an AWD dyno base don the fact he is saying numerous times WHP and not RWHP. No sense in tuning something with just the rear wheels turning when once it hits the street its going to be AWD. (I have no clue how easy or hard it is to convert a lambo to RWD).

The Gallardo is not like a normal 4wd. It doesn't get 50/50 from front to rear. WHP means Wheel HP, not AWHP. We have tested on a AWD dyno and actually showed a bit more power from the extra load and not spinning. Hope that helps.

1021748[/url]']

RWD on a Dyno jet. If its a different brand dyno, like a mustang Dyno, the #s will be a lot lower.