So The Search Begins.....

Jpegs13

I found the paperwork for most of his cars. Now the detective work begins. 350GT went to Chicago, going to work on that one first.

We don't talk about v3tt3s here Rob.... well, maybe later :icon_mrgreen:

Are you serious ? That would be amazing John, it would make a hell of a story, good luck!

John, if you seriously are doing this, going after your dads cars... It needs it's own thread. It have potential to be epic!! All the best of luck on the 350GT.. Looking forward to hearing more about it :D

I've decided to go after a select few of the cars. I think trying to find the whole collection would be too daunting a task.

I'm going after my favorites...... details to follow

Hi,

the Iso Grifo was sold in France, and is now in Belgium.

My father's? More info please.

Just saw this thread now.....sorry for your loss John.

Cars looked really nice. The age of the photos help lend a feel of what it was like to own those cars when they were pretty new.

As for tracking these cars, I think the registry @ lambocars.com has some good info, especially for the rarer cars like the LP400.

Great info Fellippe THANKS!

I'll post the VINs here on Monday.

With a little help from my LP brethren, we should be able to make this a success!

Well, Dad had a corv3tt3 as a daily driver. 1977 for about 6 years....

I upped him one... 2 down, 9 to go (yes the first 2 were easy. The Aston and the v3tt3)

I picked up the v3tt3 on Thursday

IMG_20130110_00017.jpg

IMG_20130110_00018.jpg

So your tracing down the originals but buying modern versions of them?

No. I just bought the Corv3tt3 427 instead of the real POS 1977 version. No point in getting that one. And I know for a fact that his Aston Martin Vantage Volante was totaled in Florida. I'll be getting his other original cars,,,,,, hopefully.

All the best! This thread will be epic. So when the cars are tracked down, you'll be able to purchase all of them back?

Yup, that's the plan. Well, not all of them, I have 3 or 4 in mind

:iamwithstupid:

Gold is too cheap for this thread. Carbon Titanium Platinum Diamond Thread! :icon_super:

Good Luck John! It will be the best feel good story for your fellow Lambo fanatics to see you get any of those cars in to your stable where they belong. :icon_thumleft:

It's only gold if I actually find and buy them, until then it's idle chit chat :lol2:

It's only gold if I actually find and buy them, until then it's idle chit chat :lol2:

John, I too have been looking for my dad's old cars now for over a decade. My father's car's consisted of mainly porsches, the only lambo being an lp400 that he owned for a period of four months back in 1981. I've only been able to locate on of the porsches, unlike you I don't have the benefit of paperwork or any records at all. I did locate the Lp400 though back in 2007, unfortunately the seller told me that it would take an offer close to $600k to part with the car. Needless to say, I decided to pass.

Good luck with the quest and hopefully other than the Aston, they're all in tact!

Two good sources for running your VINs yourself are:

Vin Check to see if it's been reported lost or stolen: https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

NMVTIS for vehicle history: http://www.vehiclehistory.gov/

Or someone with Lexis or Westlaw access can search MVRs.

This has to be one of the coolest threads to date on this site, IMO. If there is anything I can do I am in. I am sure everyone else is too. Good luck John!

I hope that you can find and buy all of the ones that you want.

+1

Good luck John! Looking forward to updates and photos! Let me know if I can help in any way.