There we go...

OC

Not that surprising, considering all his rivals, which happened to be slower than him, pretty much all doped too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/questions-opr...-230849439.html

This will be VERY interesting to see how the public reacts, sponsors, etc. I just really want him to get back to triathlon and kicking ass at Ironman/70.3 distances. :) It would be great publicity for the sport, if he did it cleanly, obviously!! :)

Having heard comments re LA and the TdF on the TdF threads over the past few years, I can only deduce that there are LA supporters and those who think he is an egomaniacal assbag. By now it's rather obvious he didn't ride clean. I understand the ban and getting his titles taken from him.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why in the hell he keeps coming back for more. If he would have stayed "retired" from cycling and not tried to mount his TdF comeback I wonder if the dope patrol would have been content to let sleeping dogs lie rather than go after him with the vengeance they did. And now, this. Why in the hell would he come on a national stage at this point to talk about it and "confess" anything? He dodged a criminal bullet with the feds; likely could have continued to dodge the civil bullets as well...I don't think he can get any redemption by "confessing" and so he is only opening up himself to criminal and civil liability...only to be able to compete in triathlons?

I like(d) LA and even though I figured he doped, I still thought he was/is an incredible athlete and is amongst the greatest TdF cyclists ever. Many elite athletes (or elite "anythings" for that matter) have quirky personality traits, and LA was no exception...however this latest move screams that he can't let go of the spotlight even though it may very well lead to worse than what he is/has gone through the past several months. I just dont understand why he is opening up himself again. Seems like a serious case of assholitis.

Everyone knows he did. I personally don't care. It's not like he was the only one. I bet a huge number of TFC racer do it, and still do.

The fact that he came clean tells me he must want something. My guess he's been hit in the wallet since all his sponsors dumped him and he's trying to get some back to get some cash flow. That, or since he banned from pretty much every type of race beside soap box pine derbies, he's getting the itch again.

Either way, I don't really care what he did in the TdF, he's an amazing cyclist clean or not. But I think everyone agrees he's a major a-hole. He can go fcuk himself.

Hate to break it to everyone, but doping is more prevalent in pro cycling than bankruptcy attorneys are for rappers. Its to the point where its required to be competitive. Some teams just have better doctors.

He seriously brought cycling to the forefront more than anyone including Greg lemond, at least in the US. M not sure why he didn't just retire and go run his foundation, but oh well.

Oh, and Oprah is a world class cunt.

I for one dont get the big deal?

if they want to ruin their health and longevity let them dope up as much as they want, lets just have 2 events, a steroid event & a clean event.

i'll happily watch the olympics to see a mound of muscles run the 100m in 6 seconds flat. if they want to do it at their own expense i say let em.

its really no different to when we watch these nutters do the cool redbull videos of wingsuits, or extreme jumps on MX bikes, they are risking their wellbeing and we love to see the results.

It is wrong to do of course but all these commoners who think that taking steroids means you can magically do anything are crazy. He still had to work very hard but of course deserves his titles be taken away and banned. Regardless of all of that, he has done a huge amount of good for cancer and I think that should weigh a little more on peoples' minds than some races.

It's always about money. ALWAYS.

He has built an empire and wants to continue to amass wealth. He has a PR team of advisers and attorneys that direct him to do EXACTLY what they tell him. Much like Tiger Woods, Robert Downey, etc. the public is VERY forgiving and only wants a confession not a hanging.

The biggest fear for him is not admitting guilt. The biggest fear is falling out of the spotlight and income disappearing. Believe me he will never allow that to happen.

He won a lawsuit against a n english tabloid when they said he was doping, $500,000. Guess who wants their money back with interest.

He is opening a whale can of worms for himself.

I don't care that he doped. EVERYONE in cycling appears to dope. It was fun while it lasted but his illusion of being a clean rider is finally up. Big whup. He was and still is a world class A-hole that just happens to have a passion for cancer after his own brush with it. Now if he would kindly disappear and allow the focus to be on his charity and the good it is doing I would be very thankful.

However like Porter pointed out he cares only about himself and being in the spotlight. Who knows where he will take this freakshow next.

Why does anyone care? Really?

The only reason to care is that for years he thought he was above reproach. Every one of the cheaters finally gave up the fight and admitted the truth and he berated them and acted holier than thou when he was the worst cheater of them all.

It also comes back to just because someone does a lot of good things (inspiring people, making the livestrong charity, etc), is it okay that he did bad?

Micheal Jackson did a lot for children's charities and was a fabulous entertainer, so is it okay that he touched little boys occaitonally?

He's clearly an asshole. Everything else aside he left the woman that stood by his side through the cancer and their three kids for other endeavors. Ignoring all of that, I loved watching him race. I didn't miss a minute of it. "The look" was one of the greatest moments in sports. Obviously we were dealing with a level playing field because everyone was doing something. He was by far the fastest on whatever it was and would've been the fastest off as well. Since they've already found everyone else in the top 10 in all of the Tours he won to be guilty of doping, do we award those Tours to someone who finished in the teens? The exercise of stripping him of titles is stupid at this point. He won them all. I still see him as one of the greatest athletes of all time even though he is a d!ck.

I am a Lance fan. And anybody who didnt think he was doping the whole time probably believes in fairy tales. Its part of the sport. Everybody does it. He won against a field of dopers, so in my opinion it was a totally level playing field. WHO CARES. I look it as running race fuel. And for what its worth I would do it if it paid millions of dollars to do so. Every friggin sport on earth has doping to some degree.

Have you tried riding a bike for that long?? You'd have to be on drugs to do it :icon_mrgreen:

They should give Lance his medals back, try riding a bike when stoned let alone that long stoned.

They should give Lance his medals back, try riding a bike when stoned let alone that long stoned.

I heard he went on Oprah because he was hoping to find his medals under the chair.

If you pass the drugs test they give you at the time then you should be GTG. PERIOD.

Just like any other racing series, if scrutineering okays the car that day then its GTG. What happened prior is done.

The problem, as I see it, is that anyone who has entered pro cycling must dope in order to be competitive. I'm hoping this has changed in the last 2 years and young cyclist such as Teejay Van Garderen are actually clean. Doping sucks. And if they all continue to do it, sponsors will flee, the sport will pail.

LA, was a product of the environment, I get it. But, and this why I'm no fan, it has been reported he has attempted to be-smurge and destroy anyone who did not go down his path or questioned him. It was not enough that he has the c02 max of an alien. It was not enough for him to win. He needed everyone to be culpable. And they needed to compete. He's a bad ass athlete all round, but his ego mania is what I find detestable. He perpetuated doping vs taking the higher road and trying to change the sport.

Cheating is cheating...even when everyone else is a cheat.

So now, I predict the only way to save face is to rat out the machine that is pro cycling. The pay-offs, turned cheeks, bribes, and how certain sponsors were aware and selfishly promoted doping. Nike, cough, according to Forbes article, includes hear say from LA's ex. No bueno. PR win, LA becomes THE advocate, THE voice, The one, who is going to ensure no one must do we he had to to be competitive. That will not happen in reality, but it will be his spin and attempted public redemption.

and the other guys just didnt get caught

YEs sir!!

You know what ? if you can win the tour de france after having cancer spread through your whole fcuking body , let alone run a mile... then you can take what ever you fcuking want!!

the man was half dead.. so some stupid drugs that 78% of the clowns take helped him win.. big deal.

let all those bike nerds overcome cancer with 1 ball and then talk to me if its cheating..

LANCE IS THE MAN !

My only beef was with his attitude and his actions against his former teammates and other people he sued, threatened, etc. That's some very aggressive attitude and, in hindsight, very very hypocritical.

In terms of doping per say, well let's just say a vast majority of his competitors were doped too, so I don't really "care" about that part.