The U.S. Post Office wont be down for Saturday Pancakes

Roman

Can we just contract out their work to FedEX or UPS? The USPS is so amazingly inefficient it boggles the mind.

A lot of their inefficiency is due to laws that regulate what they can and cannot do to control costs.

Can we just contract out their work to FedEX or UPS? The USPS is so amazingly inefficient it boggles the mind.

They do a lot of that already.

About time. Now just deliver Monday Wednesday and Friday and less shit please! Or just get rid of it all together.

Heard that. Honestly 10% of the mail i get is worth a damn. The rest is just garbage. But i know you and I share the same method of handling mail. stock pile...then throw away

Heard that. Honestly 10% of the mail i get is worth a damn. The rest is just garbage. But i know you and I share the same method of handling mail. stock pile...then throw away

Except for the S&M & bondage mags you get from your last resident.... dont lie.

A lot of their inefficiency is due to laws that regulate what they can and cannot do to control costs.

THe untold story is how the government screws the USPS with rules and regulation.

For those of you complaining about junk mail, I recommend downloading the "paper karma" app for your phone. You take a picture of the stuff you don't want, and it automatically unsubscribes you.

I understand the far reaching impact of migrating work from USPS to outside carriers. Direct mail would suffer and hurt employment, among other entities that survive utilizing the mail service. Let me say though, what a bunch of fcuking entitled, tenured asshole pricks. Let me give example, as most mail carriers I have ever had are the same... My mail delivery individual loves to speed through my neighborhood, blow the stop signs and worst of all he will absolutely NOT bring certified mail to my door. He just leaves the pickup slip in the mailbox and rolls on. This last year was a bitch because of something I had going on that required registered mail, and I had to make 7 trips to the post office to pick up my stuff WHILE I WAS SITTING IN MY HOUSE WHEN HE DELIVERED THE MAIL EACH TIME! Why do they do this you ask, simple, because they likely cannot and will not be fired. I complained every instance that he did this to me, I have never once known him to be reprimanded.

That group of workers is no different to me than the UAW and their stranglehold on the car business in Detroit. This agency was it's own worst enemy. If they died, it would be no surprise to me and likely the only way to reform the place into what it needs to be, a business.

Actually, USPS will still delivery packages on Saturday. Just not regular mail. The post office will also remain open on Sat too.

For once, they do have some sense. They just need to stop delivery bulk rate mail which makes no money and takes mail man too much time soring and stuffing junk.

If someone owns a kick ass business, then they can afford to work less. When a struggling business closes for a time slot, its just the first step towards failure. It might control labor costs, but not building expenses, employee insurance, and other things. All it does is limit income even more.

What is even more stupid is that they are still going to have the same workers there, for the same amount of time. I dont see expenses going down. I see expenses staying the same, and some income going down. A lot of the USPS employees claim junk mail is the only thing that keeps them going.

I think it is entertaining to see that UPS and FEDEX make huge profits. Im from a small town and think its even more funny when I see a UPS truck pull up to the post office to deliver THEIR mail. YES! It is cheaper for our post office to receive the mail and just have UPS deliver it to other post offices! I asked them about it.

They blame everything on emails hurting their business. They never applaud all the online shipments that the internet has created.

Actually, USPS will still delivery packages on Saturday. Just not regular mail. The post office will also remain open on Sat too.

SWEET! I like USPS because of their free Saturday delivery :) . I'm honestly trying to think of the last time I've received an important letter through the US mail. Nothing is coming to mind :eusa_think: .

The largest, and arguably greatest, capitalist civilisation in the western world is ceasing Saturday deliveries from their nationalised postal service ? WTF ?!? Really ? You're all doomed. If you're doomed, we're not long behind. WTF are they thinking ?

Good riddance. They are so inefficient it's not even funny. I say let them shut down completely if they can't compete.

HELL NO!! STAY OPEN! Where else can you walk in and steal all the shipping supplies and shipping boxes you want 24/7? It's like a Office Depot that's open 24 hours, all the shit is free. I LOVE the Post Office. I stole so much shit, my home office has more Post Office supplies, than the actual Post Office. I love the Post Office. I hope they stay open forever. : )