Google glass

Assman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been really excited about this for a while. I can't wait to get a pair.

I didn't see the specs, but i wonder where the battery will go. That will be the limiting factor.

What's kind of scary is they have working technology that would allow them to tie in facial/picture recognition to this that would give you the name and various other info for almost everyone you looked at. Not sure when or if they'll let that genie out of the box.

Voice recognition things NEVER work, Siri caused my blood to boil on more than one occasion.

Also you'd look like a goof wearing those glasses and speaking with yourself :icon_mrgreen:

Voice recognition things NEVER work, Siri caused my blood to boil on more than one occasion.

Also you'd look like a goof wearing those glasses and speaking with yourself :icon_mrgreen:

The box on the side needs a mini rocket launcher, and then you no longer look like a goof. Your a badass that will blow up anyone who calls you a goof

It feels like we just stopped living in the present and started living in the future.

:iamwithstupid:

Imagine going back 20 years and seeing an iPhone or tablet though. Hell, iPods would have blown minds... I see a lot of issues with these - mainly in diminishing what little human to human contact remains left. Also distracted activities would just increase exponentially with these. There's potential they could decrease problems, because it would have a HUD-like effect (as opposed to looking down or away from your direct line-of-sight for things like driving).

Is it bad the first thing I thought of for recording video was recording sex?

Am I the only one that things this looks/will look as douchey as a bluetooth while people are walking around with them on?

Am I the only one that things this looks/will look as douchey as a bluetooth while people are walking around with them on?

I thought the same thing, but if these start to take off, you know designers will find some way to make it look good. It'll be built in to sunglasses or something pretty soon.

Exactly my thoughts, can you imagine trying to have a conversation with a guy who has them on? :eusa_wall:

image.jpg

Exactly my thoughts, can you imagine trying to have a conversation with a guy who has them on? :eusa_wall:

post-7524-1361428753_thumb.jpg

:lol2:

Can't imagine wearing around a pair of glasses like this unless they are sunglasses. I bet one of the next technologies though will be HUDs built right into the windshields of cars, like the electronics built right into the windshield so that the windshield is clear glass, but also a complete computer display (like in those Corning "A Day Made of Glass" videos).

As a side note on consumer electronics in general, what's funny is that with the special effects they have now, they can create futuristic technologies that we don't yet have, so that even the most modern consumer electronics can look dated because you've seen something even cooler in a film but they just still have to invent it.