Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a wire last night.. we will see if it shows up.. i recommend to anyone first time using anything or exchanging funds do a little to verify you do everything right.. you don't want $10k to disappear.

Exodus wallet is free and it downloads to your comp.. but it isn't a ripple wallet.

anyone that know of a good ripple wallet let me know.

I think ripple could go to $5 or so, but yes, to hit that it will need to be $193b market cap....

I did an exchange for 5.5eth to pivx yesterday morning. and it is still processing..

Lite was much faster..

Dash seems expensive, but they only have 7 million coins with 18 million max.. The ability for it to go 10x is much higher than ripple.

Their blockchain is 8mb compared to bitcoin 1mb.. pivx and dash are very similar. you must own the coin to "mine" it.. but its called staking. In pivx your computer becomes part of the mining process because your wallet must be on your comp. if you leave your wallet open you stake coin.

Get into dash and pivx.. you'll thank me later.

What is really nice, is inside the exodus wallet, you can exchange between the currencies as easy as hell, but there are only about 12 currencies on it.

Megachad, why dash again?

Pivx stalking is a neat feature, like earning interest. Is your friend in on Monero then too?

Has anyone heard of Prizm? Was told about it today, that russians are behind it, and something should be happening with it in a few months, not sure if to do DD or if someone can tell me its not good.

Need a Ripple wallet.

What do you all recommend that will not get hacked?

Toast wallet is a good one. You can get it on the Apple app store, or their website for desktop application. Otherwise, Nano S is best hardware wallet for safe storage IMO. Toast wallet link:

https://toastwallet.com/

Megachad, why dash again?

Pivx stalking is a neat feature, like earning interest. Is your friend in on Monero then too?

Has anyone heard of Prizm? Was told about it today, that russians are behind it, and something should be happening with it in a few months, not sure if to do DD or if someone can tell me its not good.

Dash is like a digital cash. The coins trade way faster than bit, cheaper, its kind of a hybrid almost privacy coin. Monero is a super privacy coin. Pivx is a privacy coin.

Pivx took their stake process from Dash.. 10% of the stake goes back to the company for developers. same with pivx.

Roman, thanks for all the instructions. I just set up my accounts, transferred my meager BTC out of paxful to Coinbase and bought some BTC. The buy limits suck, am on Pending for a bank purchase. Linked a CC too and need to see if I can get the limit up.

Question re Hardware wallets. What’s the reason to get more than one?

A couple of reasons. 1 you want to make damned sure that what you have is a legit wallet nobody has fucked with. So buy from a boba fide source and buy two.

If you lose /break / get one stolen- no biggie. You tear open your new one enter your keys and your coins are back waiting for you. You don’t have to wait days and or weeks to get a replacement.

If you’ve got a shit ton of money on it you do t want to be scrambling around looking for a replacement one when you NEED it.

Just a basic bitcoin lesson we all should be learning.

I sent a wire last night.. we will see if it shows up.. i recommend to anyone first time using anything or exchanging funds do a little to verify you do everything right.. you don't want $10k to disappear.

Exodus wallet is free and it downloads to your comp.. but it isn't a ripple wallet.

anyone that know of a good ripple wallet let me know.

I think ripple could go to $5 or so, but yes, to hit that it will need to be $193b market cap....

Gatehub.....

A couple of reasons. 1 you want to make damned sure that what you have is a legit wallet nobody has fucked with. So buy from a boba fide source and buy two.

If you lose /break / get one stolen- no biggie. You tear open your new one enter your keys and your coins are back waiting for you. You don’t have to wait days and or weeks to get a replacement.

If you’ve got a shit ton of money on it you do t want to be scrambling around looking for a replacement one when you NEED it.

Just a basic bitcoin lesson we all should be learning.

Curious though but why wouldn't you just cash in your bitcoin for USD at that point? If you store it on your wallet in what form do you store it? BTC or any other crypto? Does the fluctuating market affect your wallet? Curious questions....

Curious though but why wouldn't you just cash in your bitcoin for USD at that point? If you store it on your wallet in what form do you store it? BTC or any other crypto? Does the fluctuating market affect your wallet? Curious questions....

you can't sell what you can't access.. you store the coins on your own wallet for safe keeping.. storing your coins on a site such as coinbase leaves you vulnerable.. maybe not like they will take it from you, but what happens if their site goes down and you need to sell, or if their site gets shut down etc. etc.. then you can't access your coin.. if you have your own wallet, you always have access to your own coin..

If you lose your wallet, you CANT cash it in... You cant touch it... Until you replace the wallet, its gone.

you can store any coins you own, that are supported by the particular wallet. Hence why the ledgers are popular- multiple coin formats supported including the only ones you should own.

The fluctuating market doesnt effect your wallet. It effects the value of the coins in your wallet.

So someone asked about wallets. read this.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/11/cryptocurren...-store-bitcoin/

The latest crypto crime comes courtesy of Apple.

A digital coin wallet made its way to the top of Apple’s iOS App Store… to No. 3 on the financial app charts, in fact. At a cost of $4.99, MyEtherWallet.com was developed by Nam Le (who’s also registered a couple panda fighting games with Apple). The app allows users to create or import a “wallet” to store digital currency independent of an exchange.

“A crypto wallet consists of a public address where money is sent to, that’s shareable, and a private key that grants the wallet owner access — that should never be shared and should be kept securely,” says an article at TechCrunch. “Wallets are popular with cryptocurrency owners because they ensure that an exchange doesn’t own your coins… You get to keep hold of your money even if all goes wrong at the exchange.”

Nifty, right?

Sure, until the real MyEtherWallet stepped forward, crying foul on Twitter.

Will the real Ether wallet please stand up?

The counterfeit app already has about 3,000 downloads, which is curious considering “Apple’s App Store vetting process is notably more rigorous than much of the competition,” TechCrunch says, adding that “the service not only skyrocketed up the charts, but has also secured an ad on the store...

“In this case, Apple may not be aware of what exactly it has allowed into its App Store… The episode is another sign of just how mainstream bitcoin and crypto has become.”

you can't sell what you can't access.. you store the coins on your own wallet for safe keeping.. storing your coins on a site such as coinbase leaves you vulnerable.. maybe not like they will take it from you, but what happens if their site goes down and you need to sell, or if their site gets shut down etc. etc.. then you can't access your coin.. if you have your own wallet, you always have access to your own coin..

If you lose your wallet, you CANT cash it in... You cant touch it... Until you replace the wallet, its gone.

you can store any coins you own, that are supported by the particular wallet. Hence why the ledgers are popular- multiple coin formats supported including the only ones you should own.

The fluctuating market doesnt effect your wallet. It effects the value of the coins in your wallet.

Ah ok makes sense guys thank you for the continued info. Ordered 2 on amazon thanks to MrDoctor

Why is gatehub showing xrp at like $1.26, but it is at $.81 on coinmarketcap??

I have found there are a couple sources to purchase coin, like dash, and the coin is way more at those sources than it is if you just want to exchange for them..

doesn't make sense to me.

My prediction ~. Bitcoin hits 25k... etherium hits 1000. Litecoin hits 500. All before New Years rocking eve with Kathy griffin and sinbad.

And long term. Ripple could go higher than any of them.

Erik

I am curious why you think Ripple may go higher than all of the rest of these?

Right now it is trading for a mere 0.80 cents.

Also if anyone could expand on the article linked below (explicitly line item 73. What percentage of total bitcoins are in circulation today? Of the 21 million in bitcoin due to be mined, about 16.74 million, or roughly 80%, are in circulation. Yahoo Finance updates that figure and others on its ticker page for bitcoin.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/74-bitcoin-q...-202033293.html

I know nobody has a crystal ball however 3.5 years back and I will refer to post #125 in this thread. It was supposed to take until 2140 to mine all of these Bitcoins. Now the article linked above says 80% of them have been mined. Is the article BS or the mine to 2140 BS.

The difficulty retargets to maintain the mining rate, but it's not perfectly accurate. 2140 will still be roughly when it finishes up, regardless of hash.

Bitcoin has been bouncing between roughly 500 and 1000 since late last year, it's climbing since the MtGox event just as it climbed back from every other problem, it's more resilient than the media makes it out to be, good news doesn't get ratings, bad news does.

I don't think Bitcoin is the answer to the worlds problems but it is not going to die as easily as people think.

Sincerely Vic

Erik

I am curious why you think Ripple may go higher than all of the rest of these?

Right now it is trading for a mere 0.80 cents.

Also if anyone could expand on the article linked below (explicitly line item 73. What percentage of total bitcoins are in circulation today? Of the 21 million in bitcoin due to be mined, about 16.74 million, or roughly 80%, are in circulation. Yahoo Finance updates that figure and others on its ticker page for bitcoin.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/74-bitcoin-q...-202033293.html

I know nobody has a crystal ball however 3.5 years back and I will refer to post #125 in this thread. It was supposed to take until 2140 to mine all of these Bitcoins. Now the article linked above says 80% of them have been mined. Is the article BS or the mine to 2140 BS.

Sincerely Vic

I think he is noting their overall market cap might overtake Bitcoin's, but def not the coin value.. it has Sooooooooo many more coins deluting the value..coin value is Market cap/coins in circulation..

If the code is to 2140 that is probably correct. there are some things I am uneducated about with mining so i won't go into it. if it is 80% mined already, that is because most were pre mined coin.. which means those coins were the available coins at its inception.. They had a $0 value until people started purchasing them.. every dollar put in, divided by the amount of coins available becomes the coin value.. as more and more $$ is put in, the higher and higher the coin value becomes..

I read somewhere that when a Ripple is used to pay for something it is gone so over time the supply will dwindle albeit a long time

Funny going back to the beginning of this thread! These two caught my eye...

This was when we were only talking about BTC.. About $52million+ at todays price!

I had about 3000 of them when they were at 70 cents. Too bad I sold them early. Got a bit greedy lol.

Anyone else get in on the ethereum (ETH) presale? I picked up 1,970 coins 8/6/2014 for 1 BTC (roughly $500).... Currently they are trading ~$52/coin. Cashed out around half my holdings today. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake.

BTC also seems to be holding steady around $1k. I'm long on that and will probably sell around $10k if it ever hits that.