Is anyone in the BITCOIN market?

Lambofan35

Erik

I am curious why you think Ripple may go higher than all of the rest of these?

Right now it is trading for a mere 0.80 cents.

Also if anyone could expand on the article linked below (explicitly line item 73. What percentage of total bitcoins are in circulation today? Of the 21 million in bitcoin due to be mined, about 16.74 million, or roughly 80%, are in circulation. Yahoo Finance updates that figure and others on its ticker page for bitcoin.)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/74-bitcoin-q...-202033293.html

I know nobody has a crystal ball however 3.5 years back and I will refer to post #125 in this thread. It was supposed to take until 2140 to mine all of these Bitcoins. Now the article linked above says 80% of them have been mined. Is the article BS or the mine to 2140 BS.

Sincerely Vic

The mining reward on bitcoin halves every now and then. Last year the block reward was 25 btc every 10 minutes as a reward. Now it is 12.5 new btc every 10 minutes. In 2020 it will reduce to 6.25 and then continue to decrease over time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... fine...

My prediction ~. Bitcoin hits 25k... etherium hits 1000. Litecoin hits 500. All before New Years rocking eve with Kathy griffin and sinbad.

And long term. Ripple could go higher than any of them.

Hopefully your prediction is right! :icon_thumleft:

NOPE, do not have FB, but you need to get on Twitter IMO. I deleted FB, Zuck is a cunt, but used to follow you. Is it public? Would you mind screen grabbing it?

I am also in verification stage of bitstamp. Should have learned to sign up for these things asap rather than later. Time really is money with these damn coins.

Zuck is a cunt and I’ve not been on that site once in my life

If the code is to 2140 that is probably correct. there are some things I am uneducated about with mining so i won't go into it. if it is 80% mined already, that is because most were pre mined coin.. which means those coins were the available coins at its inception.. They had a $0 value until people started purchasing them.. every dollar put in, divided by the amount of coins available becomes the coin value.. as more and more $$ is put in, the higher and higher the coin value becomes..

Okay, however Bitcoin was created on 3 January 2009.

Three and a half years ago they said it would take until 2140 to mine all of the Bitcoins.

Meaning that in July of 2014 the premise was that that it would take another 126 years to mine them all.

Now per this possibly bogus article stating that 80% of the Bitcoins have been minded, I ask why the big discrepancy???

If I created something exclusive at the beginning of 2009 and told people that it would take roughly 130 years to deplete it and nine years later 80% of it was gone. I would be accused of being a snake oil salesman.

Oh yes and by the way what make 21 million Bitcoins exclusive when you can buy fractions of them?

Doesn't that break the exclusivity?

18. Can bitcoin be purchased in fractions? Yep. One bitcoin is divisible down to 8 decimal points, or 0.00000001 bitcoin. That’s the equivalent of one one-hundred-millionth of a coin. That unit is known as a satoshi, in honor of the pseudonymous founder of bitcoin. If one bitcoin is worth $15,000, the value of a satoshi would be .015 cents.

When I do that math, I can create Two hundred and ten trillion times worth of possible Bitcoin transactions.

I am sorry however at this point it has lost any sort of exclusivity to me.

Yesterday, Berkshire Hathoway's A stock traded at a high of $300,400 dollars.

However Warren Buffet didn't say to his share holders "We should start selling these A shares in fractions"

and start possibly Buffetizing, Berkshire Hathoway's A stock down to 8 decimal points, or 0.00000001 so the average everyday person could purchase it.

I am happy for those making money, however I am quite the skeptic on the whole concept.

Also I have never met anyone at the top of their game or basking in the limelight that felt bad about it until that moment was over and they wished they would have hung it up while still at the top rather to have sunk to the bottom and regretted their decision.

Sincerely Vic

Okay, however Bitcoin was created on 3 January 2009.

Three and a half years ago they said it would take until 2140 to mine all of the Bitcoins.

Meaning that in July of 2014 the premise was that that it would take another 126 years to mine them all.

Now per this possibly bogus article stating that 80% of the Bitcoins have been minded, I ask why the big discrepancy???

If I created something exclusive at the beginning of 2009 and told people that it would take roughly 130 years to deplete it and nine years later 80% of it was gone. I would be accused of being a snake oil salesman.

Oh yes and by the way what make 21 million Bitcoins exclusive when you can buy fractions of them?

Doesn't that break the exclusivity?

When I do that math, I can create Two hundred and ten trillion times worth of possible Bitcoin transactions.

I am sorry however at this point it has lost any sort of exclusivity to me.

Yesterday, Berkshire Hathoway's A stock traded at a high of $300,400 dollars.

However Warren Buffet didn't say to his share holders "We should start selling these A shares in fractions"

and start possibly Buffetizing, Berkshire Hathoway's A stock down to 8 decimal points, or 0.00000001 so the average everyday person could purchase it.

I am happy for those making money, however I am quite the skeptic on the whole concept.

Also I have never met anyone at the top of their game or basking in the limelight that felt bad about it until that moment was over and they wished they would have hung it up while still at the top rather to have sunk to the bottom and regretted their decision.

Sincerely Vic

To your point in mining, when they first came out with the year 2140, that was based upon the technology at the time. with the advent of asic miners, they are MUCH faster.

They came up with brk.b for the people that couldn't come into A. And no brk.a hasn't split, but plenty of companies do. that doesn't mean it is wrong.

Pretty funny to back and read this thread from the beginning....

I say play this like any penny stock, get it while its good and get the F out.

What i want to know is, when this happy go life turns the corner and everyone wants to cash out, where is the financial backing for all these one hit wonder exchanges that cant even handle the daily load?.

For example , coinbase, you move your coins from bitfinex/binance/gdax etc etc over to coinbase to finally cash out. Now times that number by millions of people trying to cash out. How do they guarantee the money is there to withdraw, aka anyone remember black friday in the poker world knows exactly what im talking about.

This is pure pyramid but made available to everyone in the world, which is the scariest part of all....

no longer available from this seller.

I got 2 on amazon.... showing should be delivered tomorrow. LMK if you want one. I am in Ohio so can get it to you next day UPS.

ROMAN buying all the xrp!! lol

I'm waiting on Bitstamp, gatehub, and kraken to let me access verification. Still frozen

Been about 4 days for bitstamp.

Damn man, there was a pump up on the rumor XRP might have been the next coinbase offering. Since it was BCH, it dipped, good time to buy. My money is waiting, just can't get a damn account opened.

To your point in mining, when they first came out with the year 2140, that was based upon the technology at the time. with the advent of asic miners, they are MUCH faster.

They came up with brk.b for the people that couldn't come into A. And no brk.a hasn't split, but plenty of companies do. that doesn't mean it is wrong.

Yes, I know there is a brk.b stock, however that is not my point.

My point is that Bitcoin was supposed to be limited to roughly 21 million and my argument is that I do not believe that it was ever intended to be fractionalized.

But when the price soared it became fractionalized to 8 decimal points hence it is no longer a limited quantity of 21 million.

That being said how then is it not subject to the same manipulation as other FIAT currencies?

An infinite amount can be created only in a reverse sense. Fractionalizing Bitcoins to .00000001 units equates to 210 trillion units of Bitcoins.

Our national debt is 20 trillion dollars and that is huge. That would mean increments of Bitcoins is beyond huge.

Just presenting my argument against the concept and my argument is mute as long as people are making money as I am not one of them.

In the event the whole concept falls out of favor and people that invest too much go broke my argument will make sense to them.

At the end of the day, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Best of luck to those involved, Vic

and Bitcoin Cash up big.... started trading on Coinbase

Big movements...

BTC down to $14,800

ETH back down to $700

LTC back down to $280

Yes, I know there is a brk.b stock, however that is not my point.

My point is that Bitcoin was supposed to be limited to roughly 21 million and my argument is that I do not believe that it was ever intended to be fractionalized.

But when the price soared it became fractionalized to 8 decimal points hence it is no longer a limited quantity of 21 million.

That being said how then is it not subject to the same manipulation as other FIAT currencies?

An infinite amount can be created only in a reverse sense. Fractionalizing Bitcoins to .00000001 units equates to 210 trillion units of Bitcoins.

Our national debt is 20 trillion dollars and that is huge. That would mean increments of Bitcoins is beyond huge.

Just presenting my argument against the concept and my argument is mute as long as people are making money as I am not one of them.

In the event the whole concept falls out of favor and people that invest too much go broke my argument will make sense to them.

At the end of the day, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

Best of luck to those involved, Vic

I can tell you a friend of mine invested $5000 in litecoin about a month ago and sold when it was worth about $38,000. She took $20K out and is letting the other $18K go elsewhere.

So she made 4 X in CASH in less than a month and is now playing with house money so who gives a shit if it falls apart. Or is backed by anything real.

I can tell you a friend of mine invested $5000 in litecoin about a month ago and sold when it was worth about $38,000. She took $20K out and is letting the other $18K go elsewhere.

So she made 4 X in CASH in less than a month and is now playing with house money so who gives a shit if it falls apart. Or is backed by anything real.

:iamwithstupid:

I've been playing Roman Says and have made a killing over the past few months. Who gives a fcuk if it's backed by rainbow unicorns, this is making my 2015 AMZN buy look like a dud.

:iamwithstupid:

I've been playing Roman Says and have made a killing over the past few months. Who gives a fcuk if it's backed by rainbow unicorns, this is making my 2015 AMZN buy look like a dud.

Word.

Vic, totally agree with you though.

Can someone please send me a PM to roman's FB page?