Aventador LP720-4 50th Anniversario

Nath4N

love the nose . not to sure of the rear though vs the standard car.

overall , love it !!

wats the premium of these over a standard coupe?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chief designer is Filippo Perini: he his the father of all those outrageous and aggressive cars you have or will have in your garage.

He deserves a tribute, as his design is the real big advantage Lambo has today. Or at least this i what i think.

ciao

Yes! Filippo is a genius. In many interviews I did for the Veneno I described him as the rightful successor to Gandini, which is the highest praise I can give a designer! He and his staff are great people. I got to spend some time with them at Geneva and we've emailed since. Good call on recognizing him too!

I love the look of the 50th... I think it looks better than the regular aventador, but at the price of close to 1 million AUD (25% more), not too sure if we will see many here down under.

I like it also. Disappointed in the HP increase as well...was hoping to see a 760-4 or 800-4?

Love the aggressiveness!

So as far as the pricing goes...

Aventador Coupe: $$$$

Aventador Roadster: $$$$$

Aventador 50th: $$$$$$$

Aventador SV: ? (more than the Roadster, but cheaper than the 50th?)

Do you guys think the SV will be also a 720-4? Basically the 50th is the same car as the future SV, but the SV will have different aero add ons (ie a wing)?

I like it also. Disappointed in the HP increase as well...was hoping to see a 760-4 or 800-4?

What possessed you to hope the 50th had more power than the Veneno?

Love the aggressiveness!

I think you are missing the goal of Lamborghini. They already have faster acceleration times from 0-60, 60-130, and a higher top speed than any of the other brands in its price segment. The 4wd system does a lot to negate the HP differences. Now, its all about the Aero.

This 50th car has 50% better aerodynamics than the LP-700, which was already amazing. The 700 is already fast as all hell and beats all the competition. With the increasingly better aerodynamics it will whoop everything on the track... even when the other cars have 2-300 more hp.

Horsepower is exciting and a good conversation piece but there is a point when it becomes just a number and other things are more important. Power-to-weight, aerodynamics, transmission, putting all that power down properly on the road, etc. The ISR is more exciting, the 4WD is amazing and the horsepower is more then enough. Just my opinion. :icon_super:

This 50th car has 50% better aerodynamics than the LP-700, which was already amazing. The 700 is already fast as all hell and beats all the competition. With the increasingly better aerodynamics it will whoop everything on the track... even when the other cars have 2-300 more hp.

What does 50% more aerodynamic mean though?

:rolleyes:

:iamwithstupid:

I love the look of the 50th... I think it looks better than the regular aventador, but at the price of close to 1 million AUD (25% more), not too sure if we will see many here down under.

Agreed. I absolutely love it, and I'd buy it instantly if I had $1mil to spend on a car, which unfortunately I don't :(

I didn't know you bought Roger's SV.

What does 50% more aerodynamic mean though?

Better downforce, less drag, more planted and easier to keep control of the car. All that helps in the cornering and will help lap times. Top speed and acceleration are already bonkers. Races will be won coming into, during and coming out of corners. The 4wd and great braking ability handle the in and out, better car control will help too.

Does that matter to me? No. But it is the best place to look to improve these brilliant cars and what many companies obsess over.

I am sure there are a few changes and some will be more noticeable then others. The overall feel and character is what I care about... And Lamborghini never disappoints me.

Better downforce, less drag, more planted and easier to keep control of the car. All that helps in the cornering and will help lap times. Top speed and acceleration are already bonkers. Races will be won coming into, during and coming out of corners. The 4wd and great braking ability handle the in and out, better car control will help too.

Does that matter to me? No. But it is the best place to look to improve these brilliant cars and what many companies obsess over.

I am sure there are a few changes and some will be more noticeable then others. The overall feel and character is what I care about... And Lamborghini never disappoints me.

Who is racing Aventadors around a track?

I got to ride shotgun w balboni driving it on a track once. Thats it. PR laps is all I have heard about.

Who is racing Aventadors around a track?

I got to ride shotgun w balboni driving it on a track once. Thats it. PR laps is all I have heard about.

The same people driving ThethetheFerrari's and P1's around the track. :rolleyes:

My explanation of Aero was a response to lambornima.

That's why stuff like that doesn't matter to me. I like to understand the approach and the goals of the designs, I respect them and I find it interesting, but all I care about is what is fun and exciting to me.

Not bad but I'll reserve final judgement until I see the yellow in real. For now, not really feeling it, i.e. the colour.

Not sure if I completely agree with the multiple-plane + various polygon design either. It is unique and definitely a completely different take from other designs such as the F-cars & McLaren. But it looks a tad overdone and a bit over-complicated.

Looks like they put in more effort with this one than they did with 40th anniversary Murcielago, a bump in power and brand new aero parts. The front aero piece, makes the car just that much more aggressive without being obscene, I love it. It needs a spoiler that complements with the car's lines and it would be complete. The interior carbon peices are a thing of beauty. Overall good job with the car Lamborghini, can't wait to see the 50th Jota, the SV and the GT versions!

P.S I wonder if the 50th is lighter than the standard LP 700....

the SV better have much more power than 720, and atleast 100kg lighter than the stock. otherwise, no point for me.

i hope the SV will be 770-2, and 150kg lighter. then I will do anything to get one (except for selling my Murci SV ofcourse)