Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

Why silver and beige. Those colors are crap on the new car.

:iamwithstupid:

they did that same crap combo in the 2004 G's too remember?

Worse..some of the silver G's had blue and turd interior.

don't recall many Silver G's after 2005.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also what the hell does the red button on steering wheel do? I must know!

The different driving modes of the Huracán can be selected via a driving dynamics selector switch in the steering wheel -- from traction-oriented on the road to extreme performance on the race track, with three setups of the dynamics system: STRADA, SPORT and CORSA.

Also what the hell does the red button on steering wheel do? I must know!

It maybe the driving mode switch...STRADA, SPORTS, or CORSA

I'm also not thrilled by the new shape. Too round and curvy. The side air intake looks whimpy!

Aventador owners: Does the Red Start/Stop button cover feel flimsy or "plasticky"?

It always looks cheap in pictures, but maybe has a nice feel to it?

They should make it red anodized aluminum if it is made of plastic....

I am not a huge fan of the design but I thought the same thing about the Aventador until I saw one in person. The Gallardo was one of my all time favorite cars and Lamborghini has big shoes to fill. I look forward to seeing one in person and hopefully taking it for a spin. I drove two duel-clutch Ferraris today and really hope this car has a little more....for lack of a better word....backlash. One of the reason I love Lambos so much is how aggressive they are during gear changes. Absolutely brutal!

There are still a lot of cool things about the Huracan that haven't been announced or shown yet. Don't fret. This car will be the only car to have in that segment. MP4's will go back to just being the type of files that your iPod plays and 458 won't mean anything to anyone outside of Oregon. Those brands need to go back to the drawing board. Lamborghini has raised the bar.

I fully expected this reaction, actually there were a lot more positive responses than I've anticipated, I will be watching each one of those guys slowly coming around :icon_mrgreen:

Let's talk after we hear few driving impressions and most importantly once you see one parked next to a MP4 and a 458 :icon_thumleft:

Needs way more sesto IMO

Can't give away the farm on the first gen.

I'm sure the following models will have plenty of aggressive influence from the Sesto.

I really like this car. Huge step forward in styling, like the F430 to the F458

There are still a lot of cool things about the Huracan that haven't been announced or shown yet.

How much more can there be?

>12.3" TFT display instrument panel delivers all car information to the driver, from rev counter to navigation maps and infotainment functions, and can be configured by the driver in different setups

>Headlamps - full led illumination

>Carbon Ceramic brakes standard

>Stop & start technology, the combined eu consumption figure has been further reduced to 12.5 liters per 100 km (290 g/km co2 emissions). The engine complies with eu6 emissions regulation. (~18.8 miles per gallon)

>New 7-speed dual clutch transmission ‘‘lamborghini doppia frizione’’ (ldf) and fully electronically controlled four-wheel drive system.

>12.3" TFT display instrument panel delivers all car information to the driver, from rev counter to navigation maps and infotainment functions, and can be configured by the driver in different setups

>Headlamps - full led illumination

>Carbon Ceramic brakes standard

>Stop & start technology, the combined eu consumption figure has been further reduced to 12.5 liters per 100 km (290 g/km co2 emissions). The engine complies with eu6 emissions regulation. (~18.8 miles per gallon)

>New 7-speed dual clutch transmission ‘‘lamborghini doppia frizione’’ (ldf) and fully electronically controlled four-wheel drive system.

I mean, that all sounds pretty damn good to me. CCBs standard...dual clutch...LED lights...I'm not sure what else we could have realistically expected.

It's also the base first-year model. Imagine a 2004 Gallardo now. This is that for the Huracan generation. And it's a damn good starting point.

Bad ass. They killed it. I need to see the quarter panels in person to get a better feel. The 458 and fax machine are also rans compared to this car in the looks department.

There are still a lot of cool things about the Huracan that haven't been announced or shown yet. Don't fret. This car will be the only car to have in that segment. MP4's will go back to just being the type of files that your iPod plays and 458 won't mean anything to anyone outside of Oregon. Those brands need to go back to the drawing board. Lamborghini has raised the bar.

Alright RB, name your poison / price. I've been tracking / refreshing this thread all day like a crack addict waiting for his fix. Your comment definitely has me curious as the pictures / press release appears to have spelled out most of the details. Although I love 80% of what I see, I see nothing segment leading or leading edge.

If that silver is their release color it's a bigger mistake than engaging those 3 or 4 clowns to shoot that ridiculous mini-series which has no relevance anymore now with the car being all over the net!

Alright RB, name your poison / price. I've been tracking / refreshing this thread all day like a crack addict waiting for his fix. Your comment definitely has me curious as the pictures / press release appears to have spelled out most of the details. Although I love 80% of what I see, I see nothing segment leading or leading edge.

Numbers are great but this game hasn't been about numbers for a long time (note the MP4's failure). There are a few surprises that will make the Huracan a very special car to drive. When you get all the details you may think that what I am referring to isn't a big deal, but when you actually drive the car you will get it.

Frosty don't stress out, a car is more than just a sum of its stats, it's in the way it makes you feel when you look at it, drives, sounds, etc. some of the most exciting cars on this planet are also some of the least technologically advanced, it's not in how fast you get there it is in how much you enjoy getting there.

I don't care about stats and acronyms, this car is going to be fast enough for me I just hope the Lambo dialed up the rawness and drama, built in some neck snapping in their DCT, if the car will miss those ingredients then I will be disappointed but so far I am very happy with what I've seen.

My biggest problem is that because the Huracan looks like a baby Aventador, amateurs are now going to mix the both up when they see one on the road.

:(