Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

interesting, no center screen at all aside from the gauges...

Seems that NAV must be integrated into the primary "speedo" display.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's correct

image.jpg

I love that everything is on the steering wheel. That's one thing I really liked on the 458. This is going to be amazing car... Can't wait to see the SL and spyder versions.

The only thing about the official pics that jumps out at me as "WTF?" are the pods they've grafted on top of the dash to house the dash vents. Very unattractive approach IMO, and strange given how the G has a nice smooth dash with the vents integrated into it. Otherwise I would give the side view a 9, front view an 8-9, rear about a 5-6 (which I'm sure will improve with a more aggressive diffuser on the SL variant), and the rest of the interior an 8 or so.

Not a fan of no center screen. You want to have nav/radio center so you can easily glance at it when you need to, but it's not in your way when not. Just look at how many people love the Tesla screen.

Also too many buttons. I like the minimalistic interior design of the mac much better.

Not a fan of no center screen. You want to have nav/radio center so you can easily glance at it when you need to, but it's not in your way when not. Just look at how many people love the Tesla screen.

Also too many buttons. I like the minimalistic interior design of the mac much better.

:iamwithstupid: but the exterior in white does look hot!

I agree. I know the racecar theme with driver centered controls is vogue, but seriously the screen is a need here.

+1 Lambo uses dry weight so this bitch will really weigh 3600 plus probably. Dry weight on a 570 is around 2900 but weighs 34xx with the fluids in it. Performance is lame for the price. This car is only .1 seconds faster from 100 to 200 km than the 570 right now.

But UGR could fix all of the above. I will wait 2 years for the SL version or wait for them to depreciate 100k and buy one and send it over to UGR. That is if the tranny is any good.

Dont be soo sure about UGR... The DCT trannies are a bitch.. Thats why you dont here much about cars like their TT 458... For TT's the Gallardo will more than likely stay the primary focus..

I think the 20/21 setup would look insane

I wonder if that will screw up with the diffs, I guess we will have to wait and see the technical specs.

So will yours be white?

It's nice but not extreme enough for a lambo imo. I guess the SL version will be awesome. It doesn't really make the Gallardo SL look outdated compared to what the Aventador did to the Murcielago.

Dont be soo sure about UGR... The DCT trannies are a bitch.. Thats why you dont here much about cars like their TT 458... For TT's the Gallardo will more than likely stay the primary focus..

I've heard the same but then I think, GTR, there are so many high HP ones running around, what's the difference?

I've heard the same but then I think, GTR, there are so many high HP ones running around, what's the difference?

I think GTR guys spend alot of money building they're transmissions as I've heard they have issues with stock hp when traction control is turned off. Apparently it voids your warranty.

ex: http://teamspeed.com/forums/japanese-speed...ontrol-off.html

It may occupy the space next to the speedometer. I'm not a huge fan of the idea, but since it's all digital, may be their solution.

That's where they've placed it, on the central cluster, not liking the idea but then again I never use it.

Had a conversation about where this car will fit in performance wise... Youve got the 911 Turbo S.. which from a standing start will be equal or beat an Aventador. You have the Mp4 which Im sure we are all aware is faster than an Aventador... and you have the new 458 Speciale.. Inmo for it to leap to the forefront of this segment, the car has to atleast be as fast as the Aventador inmo. That way its loss in performance to the Mp4 will be negligibe, and atleast you have a much better looking and sounding automobile. I dont think anyone wants to see the comparison tests and see the brand new Huracan coming in towards the bottom of the pack.

I agree. I think a stage 3 will be almost 30 to 40k more now because you will have to upgrade the gear box for sure. Time will tell.

Man I love that interior. I have to have it! Don't really care about the center screen that much or nav. I never use it in the 570 or even look at my screen. I wonder if there will be more head room or leg room in this car?

Had a conversation about where this car will fit in performance wise... Youve got the 911 Turbo S.. which from a standing start will be equal or beat an Aventador. You have the Mp4 which Im sure we are all aware is faster than an Aventador... and you have the new 458 Speciale.. Inmo for it to leap to the forefront of this segment, the car has to atleast be as fast as the Aventador inmo. That way its loss in performance to the Mp4 will be negligibe, and atleast you have a much better looking and sounding automobile. I dont think anyone wants to see the comparison tests and see the brand new Huracan coming in towards the bottom of the pack.

+1 for the money you get outdated performance.

After all these years they have developed many upgraded parts for the GTR tranny. I know that some people like Cranberry have spend years drag racing on them with no issue, and then it eventually blew out (950hp).. Same goes for the Porsche PDK.. you dont hear about any very high hp cars out there..

More performance than most could handle.

True.. But still.. Look how excited you are about the car.. The performance compros will surely come.. You dont want to be reading about your favorite car being at the bottom. Atleast with the Porsche, if it is slower than an Mp4 you know that a simple ECU and exhaust swap will handle it. The solution on the Huracan is not so simple, or inexpensive. Dont get me wrong, I love this car, I just hope I dont have to hear how a stock GTR will blow its doors off.

I agree. I think a stage 3 will be almost 30 to 40k more now because you will have to upgrade the gear box for sure. Time will tell.

Man I love that interior. I have to have it! Don't really care about the center screen that much or nav. I never use it in the 570 or even look at my screen. I wonder if there will be more head room or leg room in this car?

I hope. I don't understand how anyone fits in the lp 570. I'm only 5'9 and my head hits the ceiling.