Gallardo successor HURACAN information and release

Assman

Yup. They're trading at 205-210 from what i hear.

Chaos - that's how i felt - lovely car but underwhelmed. It's just not that much of a step forward compared to the LP560. I wanted something radical - a Lamborghini. This is just too safe to appease the masses and order books.

Cleary, the Singporeans feel differently even at 1 mil USD.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Order sheets are out. Base MSRP is $237k! You'll have a very nicely specced car for $260K. Very aggressive pricing on this, I'd say! They've basically not moved the price at all from the 560, as far as I can tell.

This is going to make $300k+ 458s look silly.

The DCT alone is worth the price of the upgrade IMO, everything else is just a bonus. I believe the other upgrades including the looks will make for the perfect overall package. I love the look of the LPs, and I am glad that Lambo didnt go more radical with the design of the Huracan. It wouldnt make any sense for it to look more radical or better than the Aventador. I dont see it competing with used Aventadors all that much, since it will be a lot more useable. The Huracan will be a homerun IMO, I cant wait to see it in person.

I understand the design in your eyes is more evolutionary rather than revolutionary but you can't say the tech is the same, it has DCT, magnetic suspension, direct steering, haldex electronically controlled AWD system, a brand new engine brand new interior and electronics etc.

You understand the evolution of the Gallardo series and how different they were with subtle mechanical modifications, like the difference between an 04 - 06 - 09 - SL etc. you'd jump in a car with you brain preprogrammed thinking sure it can't be any different but you ended up being quite shocked by the difference in drive.

I think your opinion is very much influenced by your disappointment in the design the fact that you didn't see a more radical design and the fact that the car is closely priced to a used car which will make very little difference to potential buyers in other markets (even your market due to lack of choice and stock availability) because price differences vary from location to location ie here there is a $300k price difference between a 1 year old Aventador and a new Huracan so buying a Huracan is a no brainer.

I expected a few to feel like you, most will come back some will buy something else, the Huracan will be a huge success, locally 5 were sold over the last two weeks, unprecedented for our location, I think the car is fantastic and I absolutely love the design because I love the Gallardo and I am more than happy to have an evolution of it but with the latest tech and gadgetry!

I am sorry to hear you don't like it and you won't be buying one, I know it's disappointing for you when you had other expectations and they haven't been met!!

Fortis, agree with a lot of new tech put into Huracan compared to the previous LP560 but honestly, LDF, magnetic suspension, streering and all are pretty run of mill std equipments on most sports cars these days. I also want to clarify, the engine, as per most magazines I read, it is not a new unit but a tweaked engine... I am just puzzled and can't separate the facts. It is a tweak per EVO and many magazines... old unit? I am probably wrong.

I understand the design in your eyes is more evolutionary rather than revolutionary but you can't say the tech is the same, it has DCT, magnetic suspension, direct steering, haldex electronically controlled AWD system, a brand new engine brand new interior and electronics etc.

You understand the evolution of the Gallardo series and how different they were with subtle mechanical modifications, like the difference between an 04 - 06 - 09 - SL etc. you'd jump in a car with you brain preprogrammed thinking sure it can't be any different but you ended up being quite shocked by the difference in drive.

I think your opinion is very much influenced by your disappointment in the design the fact that you didn't see a more radical design and the fact that the car is closely priced to a used car which will make very little difference to potential buyers in other markets (even your market due to lack of choice and stock availability) because price differences vary from location to location ie here there is a $300k price difference between a 1 year old Aventador and a new Huracan so buying a Huracan is a no brainer.

I expected a few to feel like you, most will come back some will buy something else, the Huracan will be a huge success, locally 5 were sold over the last two weeks, unprecedented for our location, I think the car is fantastic and I absolutely love the design because I love the Gallardo and I am more than happy to have an evolution of it but with the latest tech and gadgetry!

I am sorry to hear you don't like it and you won't be buying one, I know it's disappointing for you when you had other expectations and they haven't been met!!

Fortis, agree with a lot of new tech put into Huracan compared to the previous LP560 but honestly, LDF, magnetic suspension, streering and all are pretty run of mill std equipments on most sports cars these days. I also want to clarify, the engine, as per most magazines I read, it is not a new unit but a tweaked engine... I am just puzzled and can't separate the facts. It is a tweak per EVO and many magazines... old unit? I am probably wrong.

The DCT alone is worth the price of the upgrade IMO, everything else is just a bonus. I believe the other upgrades including the looks will make for the perfect overall package. I love the look of the LPs, and I am glad that Lambo didnt go more radical with the design of the Huracan. It wouldnt make any sense for it to look more radical or better than the Aventador. I dont see it competing with used Aventadors all that much, since it will be a lot more useable. The Huracan will be a homerun IMO, I cant wait to see it in person.

the DCT DSG LDF whatever they brand it to me is a no brainer. It is standard on almost all super cars now. The real deal is will they ever put it on the Aventadors or until the replacement comes? Most likely until the replacement comes but Lambo insisted on the weight saving aspect but V12s on Fs all have Dual clutch now so I bet the Aventador will soon get the DCT treatment this or next generation. If they still use single clutch next gen, I will definitely be truly amused.

Order sheets are out. Base MSRP is $237k! You'll have a very nicely specced car for $260K. Very aggressive pricing on this, I'd say! They've basically not moved the price at all from the 560, as far as I can tell.

as I said LP560 pricing, awesome to see, there will be a line up for this car!

I am getting the info from Lambo on the engine, maybe EVO knows more :eusa_think: , irrespective of what it is, I've never claimed they reinvented the wheel with the Huracan obviously most of the tech is out there being used on various different models, I was only commenting on the tech in relation to the one available in the LP560, either way purchasing one is optional, thanks God for that, right? :icon_mrgreen:

The Huracan will be amazing. Best to stop bloviating and wait to drive one to form an opinion on the driving experience, which I hope we can all agree is more important than the list of the new tech in the car.

I am trying to order my Huracan with the ISR instead of the DCT. I doubt I'll have any luck there though.

I am trying to order my Huracan with the ISR instead of the DCT. I doubt I'll have any luck there though.

Love it!! haha

"Lamborghini DCT....Im'a gonna let you finish....but the ISR transmission was the best transmission EVER!"

LSAT+Blog+Free+LSAT+Quiz+LSAT+Kanye+West+.png

I wonder if it would even fit considering the size difference between the cars and the engine positions?

The Huracan will be amazing. Best to stop bloviating and wait to drive one to form an opinion on the driving experience, which I hope we can all agree is more important than the list of the new tech in the car.

Love it!! haha

"Lamborghini DCT....Im'a gonna let you finish....but the ISR transmission was the best transmission EVER!"

LSAT%20Blog%20Free%20LSAT%20Quiz%20LSAT%20Kanye%20West%20.png

I wonder if it would even fit considering the size difference between the cars and the engine positions?

post-24965-1389577481.jpg

Love it!! haha

LSAT%20Blog%20Free%20LSAT%20Quiz%20LSAT%20Kanye%20West%20.png

post-24965-1389577481.jpg

Lol!! Damn right!

I am getting the info from Lambo on the engine, maybe EVO knows more :eusa_think: , irrespective of what it is, I've never claimed they reinvented the wheel with the Huracan obviously most of the tech is out there being used on various different models, I was only commenting on the tech in relation to the one available in the LP560, either way purchasing one is optional, thanks God for that, right? :icon_mrgreen:

I agree with you. You are right. It is nonetheless a big upgrade from a LP560 on tech but this is much overdue as well. The car needs all these tech to keep the brand on the forefront, without which, it will become like Aston... rehash rehash and more rehash with a slush box.

the Nav ...

hur1.jpg

I'm not surprised. It's quite similar to what was displayed in the Audi at CES, anyone who didn't think this was going to happen is fooling themselves. It's a clever idea, I hope it's stable, because it's an awesome feature for nav.

Fortis, not for us, the pricing is 8-10% more than the LP560. Bummer.

you guys can afford it just about the whole world is in debt to you :icon_mrgreen:

I'm not surprised. It's quite similar to what was displayed in the Audi at CES, anyone who didn't think this was going to happen is fooling themselves. It's a clever idea, I hope it's stable, because it's an awesome feature for nav.

I love it and as an added bonus we got a stereo delete which is a weight saver.

This even you won't be able to pull off and why would you want to remove one of the best parts of the car?

RB going off in 1.... 2.... 3 .... :lol2:

Damn that is a good price.

£169k GBP base price in the UK. Was at the UK preview yesterday. I'm blown away. It even makes the Aventador look dated in some areas

Fortis....

With Macs being so cheap here, you would think Lambo would bring the price down a bit.

FFS we get RAPED in Oz.

We are getting the short end of the stick but not as bad as others, Singapore $1.2 mil, that's on the verge of insanity but they took 50 orders at reveal so Singaporeans must be doing something right :icon_mrgreen:

The Huracan in base form is cheaper then the Mac, McLaren is doing it very tough here, not so long ago they slashed their new cars pricing by $100k, just imagine the gouging if they could drop $100k of fat without flinching, they were obviously having a go, we are getting bent over by everyone, having said that $100k wasn't enough for the McLaren and with the Huracan coming in cheaper and fresher the hurting is on, if McLaren doesn't drastically revise their design they could be gone from here in less than 5 years, unless they are just happy to plot along.