How much to pay for a TWIN TURBO GALLARDO?

Rohan1

I see why the opinion is what it is about the kits looking similar, but when you see how things are installed...when you see more than just what is exposed with the engine cover up and parts are laying side by side on a workbench, they couldn't be more different.

I understand, and that may be true, but outsiders won't know. All they will know is that they are looking at a kit that looks identical to another tuner. I am sure you would agree.

But I don't even want to get into that aspect, it will just open up a whole can of worms.

Bottom line is that I hope you enjoy your car and it's all that you expect it to be and more. Keep me/us posted on vbox numbers.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1032372[/url]']

Smoky u running the 1/2 mile in Houston on 5/11?

Paint shop historically has not moved that quick so I doubt it will be ready by then. I'm aiming for the October mile event if I can maintain wife approval levels.

Holy hell !!

is that the fastest ever recorded?

Recorded and presented to 6speedonline? Yes. But not in general.

One would be silly to believe UGR has not gone faster with some of the high HP cars they have out on the road.

Holy hell !!

is that the fastest ever recorded?

We have not paid attention to 100-150 speeds. I didn't know there was a 100-150 list on 6 speed until yesterday. Mullets at the TI event with not so good traction went 2.67. That being said, there were other Underground Gallardos running 10+ mph faster than Mullets. No vboxes were in the other cars, only Motec data which show much faster than 2.6's. We will see if we can find some old Vbox logs of 100-150 and if not we will be sure to get some at the next event.

Recorded and presented to 6speedonline? Yes. But not in general.

One would be silly to believe UGR has not gone faster with some of the high HP cars they have out on the road.

What does UGR mean?

Nicks_100_150mph_3.54sec.jpg

I did this 3.54seconds during a 60-130mph run on 93 octane and didn't even realize this was a category as Kevin said also. If I wanted the fastest time I would just start in 4th gear and not shift at all, I'm pretty sure I could pick up a couple tenths easily and this is on low boost. On high boost, and a dedicated run, the 2 second range should be normal for 100-150mph and UGR R version builds.

Kind of off point but E85 which is what the Dallas Turbo company used isn't very consistent coming out of the gas pumps recently but I do like E85 for performance as its very similar to race gas HP potential.

According to the same 6Speedonline poll, 3.18 seconds for - HoustonT UGR LP570 on 93 Octane as well.

I bet if someone recorded a LP570 on HIGH boost, it would beat 2.5 seconds in the 100-150mph.

Nicks_100_150mph_3.54sec.jpg

I did this 3.54seconds during a 60-130mph run on 93 octane and didn't even realize this was a category as Kevin said also. If I wanted the fastest time I would just start in 4th gear and not shift at all, I'm pretty sure I could pick up a couple tenths easily and this is on low boost. On high boost, and a dedicated run, the 2 second range should be normal for 100-150mph and UGR R version builds.

Kind of off point but E85 which is what the Dallas Turbo company used isn't very consistent coming out of the gas pumps recently but I do like E85 for performance as its very similar to race gas HP potential.

According to the same 6Speedonline poll, 3.18 seconds for - HoustonT UGR LP570 on 93 Octane as well.

I bet if someone recorded a LP570 on HIGH boost, it would beat 2.5 seconds in the 100-150mph.

What gearing do you have?

What gearing do you have?

Funny that you ask, lol. You will have to ask Kevin as there may be some stuff he doesn't want me to discuss openly on here or just PM me :eusa_shhh:

I can tell you that 3rd goes to about 115mph and 4th will max out right at 150mph so....100mph-150mph could be really nice if I turned the boost up enough and my new 18x 13" wide wheels come in from HRE to help get some nasty traction. :headbang:

Funny that you ask, lol. You will have to ask Kevin as there may be some stuff he doesn't want me to discuss openly on here or just PM me :eusa_shhh:

I can tell you that 3rd goes to about 115mph and 4th will max out right at 150mph so....100mph-150mph could be really nice if I turned the boost up enough and my new 18x 13" wide wheels come in from HRE to help get some nasty traction. :headbang:

Your car with wider tires and higher boost = WIN!

18" HRE ftw!

This is just the thread I was looking for! Joined the forum just because of it. Awesome. So here's the scoop. I have a naturally aspirated 2001 Carrera and am looking for something newer and TT'd. I've had my eyes on Lamborghini since I was a kid. I am definitely thinking a Gallardo, either one to build or one that is pre-built with a twin turbo. My budget is approx $200,000. Before I go out and begin contacting some of these sellers, I would like a better understanding of the differences between a stage 2 and stage 3 build in terms of engine internals. Help? Thank you in advance for contributing to the lack of knowledge I have on the subject.

This is just the thread I was looking for! Joined the forum just because of it. Awesome. So here's the scoop. I have a naturally aspirated 2001 Carrera and am looking for something newer and TT'd. I've had my eyes on Lamborghini since I was a kid. I am definitely thinking a Gallardo, either one to build or one that is pre-built with a twin turbo. My budget is approx $200,000. Before I go out and begin contacting some of these sellers, I would like a better understanding of the differences between a stage 2 and stage 3 build in terms of engine internals. Help? Thank you in advance for contributing to the lack of knowledge I have on the subject.

Welcome to the best place on the internet! You have certainly found the correct thread to be in. If you are serious about a TT system (even if it is used) and have narrowed your tuner of choice down to Underground then give Kevin a ring. Great guy and always willing to talk about cars with Customers (even if you are buying used UR TT he will still treat you like you bought it off of him).

If you are going with another tuner...nothing wrong with that. Jason at Heffner is just as nice even if you don't see him as active here on the board.

Don't know that there is much difference in the engine internals between the two stages, but I know the Stage 3 has larger turbos, head work, and some other tweaks. Kevin can clarify.

Ok thanks that makes sense. I don't know much about Lambo tuners and am still learning. I wasn't sure if Stage 2 or three meant something specific beyond the bigger turbos. Thanks for the input.

Is there any real downside to buying a used system or buying a car with a system already installed? What should I watch out for?

Is there any real downside to buying a used system or buying a car with a system already installed? What should I watch out for?

You aren't going to find a used system unless it's from a wreck. Virtually no one removes them to sell separately.

Send me an email or give me a call and I will be glad to go over any questions for you might have. thanks

[email protected]

704-361-3443