Hi Tech Exotic Situation

Did anyone else keep up with threads on another board were Sean at Hi Tech Exotic got exposed for a decade of using shill acccounts to make up product feedback and use all the fake screen names to pose as just happy customers? It was pretty pathetic. He was apparently using the names to try to put down other competitors without looking bad. He was allowed to post again but all the fake names remain banned and others with tons of posts deleted.

People like that ruin the industry. Such underhanded practices. Once allowed to post again, he tried denying it all saying it was simply a misunderstanding but tons of members started asking why all the alleged fake screen names remain banned and posts deleted. His excuse was a misunderstanding due to customers using his wifi for all their posts over many years as to why over a dozen names all spamming fake bs about his product had matching IP's. All the members of another board called bs because none of said names would post except to bash other companies and praise his. So he denied it and then quit responding when everyone called bs.

Then the Admin came in and made an official statement that the names would remain banned and he was issued 2 infractions with the next being permanent ban for what was fake names acting as the vendor or employees pretending to be customers to get people to buy his product.

So shill accounts galore. Since their official statement, he has avoided the forums like the plague. Was anyone else here following it all while it developed? It was pretty sad actually.

Are you one of his competitors? Your only posts on this board are about someone we don't know and you bad mouthing their company...seems fishy.

I like turtles? I just thought the community helps each other not lies to you.

I almost got scammed into buying the thing because about a week earlier tons of ppl were ranting and raving about how great it was. Then I quit lurking and began posting in a series of threads that disappeared and left the forum for how mishandled the situation was. I just thought members here may read both forums and have input about all the threads disappearing.a good many were leaving over the deal. So yeah I feel stupid for almost being duped but other than that I guess its better than actually having already spent the money and then find out about it. I just figure everyone here was aware and also shared in being upset about the situation and how it was handled.

I dont remember exactly why, but I know that way back in the day Sean and I had it out on another board and he was one of the reasons I was banned by JRV..

I haven't spoken to Sean for several years now but I used to do so often. He was always a class act and very helpful, I've also known two people who were loyal customers of his one of which was a member here (Sharam) who did nothing but say good things about him. With that said, be glad you didn't buy your "thing" and move on.

No experience with Sean but I would never do biz with Barry at Exotic Clutch Technologies (ECT)...

He stated one thing to me then stopped responding to my emails when I asked him a few times for follow-up...

A few years ago I met him and got his card. Drove to find his shop and only found a mail drop box

When it comes to time to replace my clutch, I will go with oem.

Kevlar clutch claims to be 2-3x longer life is over the original version of oem back in 2004-2005 where oem clutch lasted 8k miles. Since then, newest oem clutch lasts 2-3x long if not more. I see no advantage to pay $1-1.5k more unless you are going with tt.

Wrt the op and hi tec, I find both suspicious. One of the schill, steeve on the another board, is active again. Bottom line, I don't trust either exotic clutch technology or hi tec. I bet op is a schill.

Kevlar clutch claims to be 2-3x longer life is over the original version of oem back in 2004-2005 where oem clutch lasted 8k miles. Since then, newest oem clutch lasts 2-3x long if not more. I see no advantage to pay $1-1.5k more unless you are going with tt.

Wrt the op and hi tec, I find both suspicious. One of the schill, steeve on the another board, is active again. Bottom line, I don't trust either exotic clutch technology or hi tec. I bet op is a schill.

Kevlar or OEM Clutch? Here is some information I would like to share from when I worked at a lambo dealer around the year 2000. I was out in service speaking with one of the techs(highly praised by the factory) while he had the engine out on a Diablo. Anyway, the car had a Kevlar clutch. He was NOT in favor of Kevlar clutches and this was his explanation. He mentioned there is "no give" in the way the Kevlar clutch is set up. Otherwise when you fully engage it...it is not going to slip. So, if the situation is one that is abusive(burnout, etc.) all the forces go direct through the rest of the drivetrain (transmission, transaxles, differentials, and even the crank) leaving a risk of breaking other components. He said the stock clutches have a point at which they are meant to slip before they can do any damage to other drivetrain components. Take it for what it is worth, but it made sense to me.

The OP's IP matches two other users on here. Not an issue though. Yet...

Kevlar or OEM Clutch? Here is some information I would like to share from when I worked at a lambo dealer around the year 2000. I was out in service speaking with one of the techs(highly praised by the factory) while he had the engine out on a Diablo. Anyway, the car had a Kevlar clutch. He was NOT in favor of Kevlar clutches and this was his explanation. He mentioned there is "no give" in the way the Kevlar clutch is set up. Otherwise when you fully engage it...it is not going to slip. So, if the situation is one that is abusive(burnout, etc.) all the forces go direct through the rest of the drivetrain (transmission, transaxles, differentials, and even the crank) leaving a risk of breaking other components. He said the stock clutches have a point at which they are meant to slip before they can do any damage to other drivetrain components. Take it for what it is worth, but it made sense to me.

Makes perfect sense..

I will sell you an OEM when your ready!

Thanks exotic search for the insight.

Glen at amh gets my biz and high recommendation to my frens. Glen operates a honest biz that is customer oriented.

Vendors that pull stunts and bash each other will only back fire. Your customers such as my self know better. Play fair and focus on your own business