Car show

megachad

So I took my car to the car show Friday evening. Mine and my friends Lambo's were big hits being you don't see a car like ours everyday in Utah. Sadly it was a disaster. I didn't think I would have to rope off my car for people to enjoy seeing a Lambo. I now know better. Parents and Kids alike were literally trying to open my doors and sit in the car. I turned my back for 1 minute and a kid was sitting in my driver side seat with dirty shoes and mom taking a picture. I probably looked like an asshole when I ran over and told her he needed to come out of the car, yet her response was this.. "really? he needs to get out of the car? just let me get a picture." I said, "get him out now".. I felt bad, and would normally have been kind to let a young person take a photo or sit in the car if they had asked, but to open my door and jump in to take a photo without asking? WTF??

Needless to say I ended up with a 1" gash on the top of my passenger mirror from a little fucker riding a bike in between my car and my friends a/c cobra. He hit the mirror with his handlebar brake. What a joke. I couldn't believe the level of disrespect people have. I will never again do a car show without having my car roped off. Hope no one else has gone through a mess like this.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I took my car to the car show Friday evening. Mine and my friends Lambo's were big hits being you don't see a car like ours everyday in Utah. Sadly it was a disaster. I didn't think I would have to rope off my car for people to enjoy seeing a Lambo. I now know better. Parents and Kids alike were literally trying to open my doors and sit in the car. I turned my back for 1 minute and a kid was sitting in my driver side seat with dirty shoes and mom taking a picture. I probably looked like an asshole when I ran over and told her he needed to come out of the car, yet her response was this.. "really? he needs to get out of the car? just let me get a picture." I said, "get him out now".. I felt bad, and would normally have been kind to let a young person take a photo or sit in the car if they had asked, but to open my door and jump in to take a photo without asking? WTF??

Needless to say I ended up with a 1" gash on the top of my passenger mirror from a little fucker riding a bike in between my car and my friends a/c cobra. He hit the mirror with his handlebar brake. What a joke. I couldn't believe the level of disrespect people have. I will never again do a car show without having my car roped off. Hope no one else has gone through a mess like this.

Sadly it's becoming more common place.

People nowadays lack even common courtesy because they feel "you owe them" something for having a sweet car.

Sorry about the sucky event :(

Where was the car show at? What car show allows kids on bikes or anyone for that matter? You should have ripped the moms panties off, stuck it in from behind and said I just want to get a picture. :monkeyleft:

Where was the car show at? What car show allows kids on bikes or anyone for that matter? You should have ripped the moms panties off, stuck it in from behind and said I just want to get a picture. :monkeyleft:

Now that is funny!

When I used to do car shows at the dealer level, you would not believe the level of arrogance and entitlement the general public show. We called it the "Walmart Syndrome" as they just felt that, if it was there, it was a simple consumable that they could sit around and fondle and fcuk with. You would also not believe at what these assholes would steal off of the cars. Radio faceplates, valve stem caps, shifter knobs, buttons and anything else that was literally not nailed down. Amazing.

hope you can buff out that scratch.

it's bad parenting. parents these days don't discipline their kids and raise kids like free range chicken. the parents themselves are living on debt and buying stuff they can't afford. american culture has taught everyone that they all deserve everything. so not true!

the only time i will go to a car show is with enthusiasts.

Now that is funny!

When I used to do car shows at the dealer level, you would not believe the level of arrogance and entitlement the general public show. We called it the "Walmart Syndrome" as they just felt that, if it was there, it was a simple consumable that they could sit around and fondle and fcuk with. You would also not believe at what these assholes would steal off of the cars. Radio faceplates, valve stem caps, shifter knobs, buttons and anything else that was literally not nailed down. Amazing.

hahaha... i feel bad for all the new cars at car shows getting trashed by people scuffing up sill plates.

This is why I never do car shows. Even at the recent Lambo opening which was Rsvp people were going behind the ropes opening up the Muira, Countach etc. I won't even park a car anywhere so as not to.deal with idiots sitting on cars to take pics etc. Parents with kids are the worst, they have zero respect. I will punt those little fuckers into the next city and have no problem telling their parents I will do so.

hope you can buff out that scratch.

it's bad parenting. parents these days don't discipline their kids and raise kids like free range chicken. the parents themselves are living on debt and buying stuff they can't afford. american culture has taught everyone that they all deserve everything. so not true!

the only time i will go to a car show is with enthusiasts.

:iamwithstupid: Society has gone down the tubes over the past couple decades nobody seams to have any morals instilled in them by their parents or grandparents anymore.

When it comes to car show I am very selective on which ones I will attend. I am also very selective on when and were I drive my Countach as there are too many distracted drives out there that are just plain clueless.

All,

Glad I am not the only one that wants to punt the little fuckers. As well as any adult that felt it necessary to get close enough to the car that their clothing could touch it..

The scratch will not buff out.. It is deep too. It will need to be sanded and painted.. I seriously am glad I was not right next to him, I think my initial reaction would have been to swap him up the back of the head.. I would have ended up in court doing that to a little shithead that actually deserves it.

Similar situation with my first G back when Allan lived here happened. cars were being judged so we were asked to leave the cars unlocked. Allan was with me at the show and happen to get to the mother and her kid before I did, needless to say he was as harsh as you were if not more and then asked the lady if she had left her front door open and he walked in and started poking around and taking pictures if that would be ok.

On some level I understand the excitement but at the same time when the parents don't even know how to teach their kids to be respectful of others and their property it starts to be more and more clear as to why kids these days are the way they are. If any of my kids ever touched or got into another car without permission I'd slap them silly. My son was 6 and my daughter was 10 when I had that lambo. They are now 14 and 18 and been to many many car shows. Not once do I need to ask them to not touch or sit in a car without permission.

Chad, was this the car show by the bountiful sign off of 400N? I drove past taking my boy to play at a friends pool up there and saw a car show going on and it looked like a madhouse shit show.

Sorry to hear these shmucks ran wild on and around your car

When it comes to car show I am very selective on which ones I will attend.

Let me know next time you do a show Vic, I'm itching to see your car. I'll help guard it for ya ;) I agree with everything said though. I have had to say a few words to others even when I'm just a spectator at many shows.

Same thing happened to me, fortunately no damages, this idiot decided to lay flat on the front of the car so he can take a photo for his Facebook, I told him to get off the car and he refused, waiting for his buddy to take the shot :eusa_wall: it took some swift "persuading" and needless to say I think he will think twice before he will jump on other people's cars.

The worse thing was that the show organizers told us the cars will be behind the rope but when we got there they asked us to place the cars along the main entrance, there was no rope and when the show opened we were literally swamped with masses of people, walking around he car, touching, sitting in or on them, etc. we were shocked to see it happen but there was no way of doing anything about it at that point, majority of people have no respect, worse than some animals.

Chad, was this the car show by the bountiful sign off of 400N? I drove past taking my boy to play at a friends pool up there and saw a car show going on and it looked like a madhouse shit show.

Sorry to hear these shmucks ran wild on and around your car

Yep.. it was a joke.. I will do the eaglewood course show in july, but i will put ropes around the car..

anyone else have people following them and getting dangerously close? I had one guy behind me at a stop light Brake boosting his car and making it buck. Literally scared the shit out of me, I raced to get away and he followed like he was hunting me down. I didn't take the car out for a week after that happened.

Yep.. it was a joke.. I will do the eaglewood course show in july, but i will put ropes around the car..

In hind sight I'm sure you already know,but allow me to point out a few areas this went wrong.

The car show was in Utah.

Bountiful Utah..

At a park..

With hot rods and classic cars..

That's like a perfectly balanced recipe for stained t-shirts and trucker hats.

You could have held a Juggalo/ Raiders convention in Oakland California and attracted less human garbage then you would at one of these shows! Lol

All the time. Kids just LAYING hands on cars, opening doors. No respect. I was raised by a musician and was taught general practices of "not touching things that don't belong to you - especially expensive things." And when I saw my first Lambo (88 1/2 CT) as a kid, my mom ASKED the guy if I could sit in it - and I didn't touch shit!

Similar situation with my first G back when Allan lived here happened. cars were being judged so we were asked to leave the cars unlocked. Allan was with me at the show and happen to get to the mother and her kid before I did, needless to say he was as harsh as you were if not more and then asked the lady if she had left her front door open and he walked in and started poking around and taking pictures if that would be ok.

On some level I understand the excitement but at the same time when the parents don't even know how to teach their kids to be respectful of others and their property it starts to be more and more clear as to why kids these days are the way they are. If any of my kids ever touched or got into another car without permission I'd slap them silly. My son was 6 and my daughter was 10 when I had that lambo. They are now 14 and 18 and been to many many car shows. Not once do I need to ask them to not touch or sit in a car without permission.

That's not what I said.. I asked her if she left her front door open she replied why. I told her soo I could come take a shit on her living room floor. Then she ran for her life.

That's not what I said.. I asked her if she left her front door open she replied why. I told her soo I could come take a shit on her living room floor. Then she ran for her life.

hahahahahahahah

wish i was a fly on that wall!

In hind sight I'm sure you already know,but allow me to point out a few areas this went wrong.

The car show was in Utah.

Bountiful Utah..

At a park..

With hot rods and classic cars..

That's like a perfectly balanced recipe for stained t-shirts and trucker hats.

You could have held a Juggalo/ Raiders convention in Oakland California and attracted less human garbage then you would at one of these shows! Lol

Agreed!

Went to a public car show last year around this time. My side mirror got broken because some fat lady was randomly walking without watching where her fat ass hip was heading....

Those Gallardo mirrors looked like crap when they're limp!

Sorry to hear man :( People like that take the fun out of shows.

Next time install this to teach folks a lesson:

i expect no less!!! haha

Car shows are for jerk offs. Why would anyone want to stand around and answer questions and say yep that's my car, yep it's real. It goes this fast, what do I do for a living? . If you need the attention of a car show you accept the consequences