Saw the Pagani Huayara

my modest quess is that Veyrons and such will start to rise in value after the production has ended.

Since now you can have a new undriven Veyron from factory for about the same price that the older ones did cost when new,

so logically there must be some good deals to be done on older used ones as long as the production lasts.

But once the production has ceased and all of them are similarly "used" and "old" it will lose it's meaning and relatively small batch of these cars were made and there will be some ultra rich individuals who always wanted one, and are willing to pay...

On the other hand most Veyron owners are car collectors or just so well off that all Veyrons will be maintained in top spec and are in no hurry to sell, so that should rise the values too.

I really don't know anything about anything, and this just a bet... but from past, all the halo cars have increased or even multiplied their values over the time, say old Duesenbergs and Bugattis, Ferraris 250's and F40, F50, Enzo, McLaren F1 etc...

It is intresting to see where Pagani Zonda values will go, imho it has almost F40-pretty shape and fame already...

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so frikkin cool we have one-off Zondas, Veneno, one-off Ferraris and Veyron owners in the same thread contributing incredible real life experience from the baddest machines ever to be built.

I tip my hat off for you and this forum :turboalex:

It is so frikkin cool we have one-off Zondas, Veneno, one-off Ferraris and Veyron owners in the same thread contributing incredible real life experience from the baddest machines ever to be built.

I tip my hat off for you and this forum :turboalex:

I assume you're referring to Accelerator?

Ha

Potential for 1500hp? From 16 cylinders?? They should send it to UGR. They've been building VW Group cars (Lambo and Audi) for more power from their V10's, lol.

Yeah, since 1500 tuned HP is just the same as 1500 stock HP...... :rolleyes:

Potential for 1500hp? From 16 cylinders?? They should send it to UGR. They've been building VW Group cars (Lambo and Audi) for more power from their V10's, lol.

Big difference between a car that's made to go very fast in straight line by strapping two turbos on it and a car which comes with that power from the factory.

Having said that both cars in question are an overkill, nobody can properly use 1500 HP, yeah few straight line runs here and there but realistically that's about it and that can only happen in few places around the world where cops, so far, seem to be turning a blind eye or during organized events, if you were to be caught at those speeds on public highways in most places around the world you'd have your car confiscated, possibly crushed, you'd go to jail and end up on the front page of your local news paper.

Big difference between a car that's made to go very fast in straight line by strapping two turbos on it and a car which comes with that power from the factory.

Having said that both cars in question are an overkill, nobody can properly use 1500 HP, yeah few straight line runs here and there but realistically that's about it and that can only happen in few places around the world where cops, so far, seem to be turning a blind eye or during organized events, if you were to be caught at those speeds on public highways in most places around the world you'd have your car confiscated, possibly crushed, you'd go to jail and end up on the front page of your local news paper.

I was being somewhat facetious, but I do believe Bugatti can easily make 1500hp with their existing hardware.

However, by your logic why bother with even owning a car?

With this thinking nobody should use a car with enough hp to break the speed limit since even a moped can exceed the speed limit in a given area. Hell, with the same logic, everyone should ride a bus so they don't break the law. C'mon, dude, this argument is fcuking useless on a damn Lamborghini Board.

Way to be a fcuking buzzkill :rolleyes:

Back on topic, Jota, had a great point on the handling as tire and suspension technology has progressed to levels that handling that was a dream for racecars a couple generations ago is blown away by streetcars.

Yeah, since 1500 tuned HP is just the same as 1500 stock HP...... :rolleyes:

Also considering the G is running on C16 rocket fuel with big turbos. The V is built to still have some throttle response and an overall driving package. The V motor is probably good for 2500hp with bigger turbos and quality race gas.

By my logic, really? Is that what you got from my post? No need to get frustrated I haven't taken your toys away, you can still play with them, if you place your frustration to the side for a moment and read what I posted you will realize that I have a point and rather than you considering it a buzz kill you will realize it's simply just reality?

I am talking about usable HP, to take a car to the race track you don't need 1500 HP, you run out of talent before you get to use it on most tracks you never get to use it even if you have the skill, to take the car around twisty bits around a nice mountain road you don't need 1500 HP, to use the car as a DD you don't need 1500 HP, the only time you need 1500 HP is when you line up against your buddy with a GTR on a public highway or at an event, for a lot of the exotic car drivers out there that will be almost never, I can't remember last time I felt the need to drag race from the lights, we all grow up, start having families to take care of, responsibilities, etc. hence me thinking that 1500 HP for the street is an overkill 99% of the time..

and yes before I forget, if you are really curious why don't you ask few people on this board, who met me personally, if I like to go fast or not? :icon_thumleft:

By my logic, really? Is that what you got from my post? No need to get frustrated I haven't taken your toys away, you can still play with them, if you place your frustration to the side for a moment and read what I posted you will realize that I have a point and rather than you considering it a buzz kill you will realize it's simply just reality?

I am talking about usable HP, to take a car to the race track you don't need 1500 HP, you run out of talent before you get to use it on most tracks you never get to use it even if you have the skill, to take the car around twisty bits around a nice mountain road you don't need 1500 HP, to use the car as a DD you don't need 1500 HP, the only time you need 1500 HP is when you line up against your buddy with a GTR on a public highway or at an event, for a lot of the exotic car drivers out there that will be almost never, I can't remember last time I felt the need to drag race from the lights, we all grow up, start having families to take care of, responsibilities, etc. hence me thinking that 1500 HP for the street is an overkill 99% of the time..

and yes before I forget, if you are really curious why don't you ask few people on this board, who met me personally, if I like to go fast or not? :icon_thumleft:

No frustration on my end, just having fun.

My point is: Dude, seriously, you're bringing up overkill on a Lambo forum, really?

I agree on what you say about 99% of the time. But my, oh my, that 1% when I do use the 1500hp it is GLORIOUS!! :icon_super: :icon_pray:

Thanks for getting my point and agreeing with me and because you dislike my choice of word and since I can't think of any other word which would be more suited in helping me get my point across I will tweak it just for you Mr Doctor to overkill 99% of the time :icon_mrgreen:

Also considering the G is running on C16 rocket fuel with big turbos. The V is built to still have some throttle response and an overall driving package. The V motor is probably good for 2500hp with bigger turbos and quality race gas.

I am not sure if you've watched on Discovery the show about building the Veyron, very interesting show BTW, they said the engine was good for 3000 HP and during one of the initial dyno tests they nearly set the factory on fire due to one of the exhaust chimneys catching fire :shock:

The engine itself makes 3000 hp but in the process of cooling that monster down with 10 radiators, they lose 2000 of that.

My god please stop quoting magazine bullshit, you're just regurgitating already misguided "facts", and I use that term very loosely.

For the record there is no way it makes 3000 crank HP and only 1000 makes it to the wheels. That might be some nonsense conversion of fuel consumption turned into heat, blah blah. If that's the case the underground cars make 5000 HP.

I have yet to see an Underground Racing car with 10 radiators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=WUTR4lkvJSU

Skip to 8:40

33% efficiency is close to the money on a combustion engine (it's actually higher than norm). The units may seem a bit funky, but essentially, it is the case. That's the formula for efficiency (nu)

Please read some combustion fundamentals/ internal combustion engine texts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_efficiency

since it's a bit simpler to understand

I'm not talking about drivetrain efficiency from crank to the wheels. Rather combustion energy.

Please read some combustion fundamentals/ internal combustion engine texts.

I'm not talking about drivetrain efficiency from crank to the wheels. Rather combustion energy.

:eusa_wall:

Maybe you're not aware of my background, but I definitely don't need any lectures on physics from a magazine warrior. When we rate motor HP we are talking about the work it can perform, in this case the V makes 1001hp and a UR-G Makes what they make. If it accounts for 3000hp of fuel energy that is about as relevant as the foam in the seats to ultimate performance.

My statement was to the effect that the motor would be capable of near 2000 crank hp, you know the relevant figure that generates motion in the car. I can light a 55 gallon drum of gasoline on fire and produce 75,000hp worth of energy, but it doesn't do shit but roast my marshmallows from a 20ft distance.

Fortis, that might be my favorite Huayra to date. Un-freakin-real.

The Zonda in the back looks nasty as well. Do you have more pictures of both cars?

Best Huayra by far, I like the carbon flaps contrasting the black. The front still has too much visual weight and I never liked the side mirrors or the tail light housing, but the black minimizes it. That Zonda though...

:eusa_wall:

Maybe you're not aware of my background, but I definitely don't need any lectures on physics from a magazine warrior. When we rate motor HP we are talking about the work it can perform, in this case the V makes 1001hp and a UR-G Makes what they make. If it accounts for 3000hp of fuel energy that is about as relevant as the foam in the seats to ultimate performance.

My statement was to the effect that the motor would be capable of near 2000 crank hp, you know the relevant figure that generates motion in the car. I can light a 55 gallon drum of gasoline on fire and produce 75,000hp worth of energy, but it doesn't do shit but roast my marshmallows from a 20ft distance.

I have mechanical engineering degrees and don't need to be called jack by you. This is how efficiency is calculated. My original post already started that a lot of work is wasted from the heat. I never mentioned crank hp. I am away from comp but the mention of 3000 ps was from the technical director of engineering from Bugatti. I can link you later if you'd like