Saw the Pagani Huayara

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eusa_wall:

Maybe you're not aware of my background, but I definitely don't need any lectures on physics from a magazine warrior. When we rate motor HP we are talking about the work it can perform, in this case the V makes 1001hp and a UR-G Makes what they make. If it accounts for 3000hp of fuel energy that is about as relevant as the foam in the seats to ultimate performance.

My statement was to the effect that the motor would be capable of near 2000 crank hp, you know the relevant figure that generates motion in the car. I can light a 55 gallon drum of gasoline on fire and produce 75,000hp worth of energy, but it doesn't do shit but roast my marshmallows from a 20ft distance.

I have mechanical engineering degrees and don't need to be called jack by you. This is how efficiency is calculated. My original post already started that a lot of work is wasted from the heat. I never mentioned crank hp. I am away from comp but the mention of 3000 ps was from the technical director of engineering from Bugatti. I can link you later if you'd like.

I do calculations for this all the time for high bypass turbofans.

I have mechanical engineering degrees and don't need to be called jack by you. This is how efficiency is calculated. My original post already started that a lot of work is wasted from the heat. I never mentioned crank hp. I am away from comp but the mention of 3000 ps was from the technical director of engineering from Bugatti. I can link you later if you'd like

Your original post was misleading and pointless.

:eusa_wall:

When we rate motor HP we are talking about the work it can perform, in this case the V makes 1001hp and a UR-G Makes what they make. If it accounts for 3000hp of fuel energy that is about as relevant as the foam in the seats to ultimate performance.

My statement was to the effect that the motor would be capable of near 2000 crank hp, you know the relevant figure that generates motion in the car. I can light a 55 gallon drum of gasoline on fire and produce 75,000hp worth of energy, but it doesn't do shit but roast my marshmallows from a 20ft distance.

Bingo

I'm not going to shit up this thread anymore, but you're so misguided by marketing bullshit it's dumbfounding.

In other news, the honda civic really makes 400hp, though only musters 117 to the crank and a blistering 17 second 1/4 mile time.

Wowowow. Why the hate on my Civic all of the sudden? 34mpg baby!

;)

Isn't the "3000 PS" referring to what's generated from total heat energy?

Yes, an absolutely irrelevant figure. Feeding his diatribe is pointless, i'm looking for the ignore button. :icon_mrgreen:

Yes, an absolutely irrelevant figure. Feeding his diatribe is pointless, i'm looking for the ignore button. :icon_mrgreen:

I once generated a fart that created a 3 megajoules of energy... but the power it actually put down on the couch was less than a small rumble and spec in my shorts due to the heat soak and cushion absorption rate

:D

:(

All cars has issues after delivery, million $ cars to $20K cars that why they offer warranties. Bugatti, Pagani, Koeinsigg are not immune.

The vid does not tell whole story, maybe something was lodged in the latch or mechanism they overlooked who knows, reminds me of the vid where the owner of a black Murci roadster could not get his car started at some car show. People were calling him stupid, and those ppl had no clue what makes a Murci not start.

If the nose of the huraya would be pulled down a little bit more like the zonda, then it would be dead gorgeous!!

/\ This The front splitter helps a TON though, why are they not putting it on all cars? Clearance issues?

That Huayra looks absolutely fantastic! I'd love to see a full carbon one too.

Pagani-Huayra-Carbon-Edition-Luxury-Supercar1.jpg

/\ This The front splitter helps a TON though, why are they not putting it on all cars? Clearance issues?

It's an option they recently started to offer - High Downforce pack.

All cars has issues after delivery, million $ cars to $20K cars that why they offer warranties. Bugatti, Pagani, Koeinsigg are not immune.

The vid does not tell whole story, maybe something was lodged in the latch or mechanism they overlooked who knows, reminds me of the vid where the owner of a black Murci roadster could not get his car started at some car show. People were calling him stupid, and those ppl had no clue what makes a Murci not start.

As far as I can tell since there are other videos of the driver trying to close it as well, the latch itself is malfunctioning (deformed or something).

Interestingly enough, I watched a GT1 race the other day and two Mercedes SLS also had trouble closing their latch. Would there be any reason for gullwing doors to be harder to close than other door latches?

Must be a coincidence

It's an option they recently started to offer - High Downforce pack.

Thanks for posting that! Didn't know there were any pics floating around of a full carbon one.

Thanks for posting that! Didn't know there were any pics floating around of a full carbon one.

It was at the Geneva show in 2012.

Fortis, that might be my favorite Huayra to date. Un-freakin-real.

The Zonda in the back looks nasty as well. Do you have more pictures of both cars?

There are few more photos in the link accelerator posted in post 141 just above, the engine compartment is a work of art, really impressive.

If the nose of the huraya would be pulled down a little bit more like the zonda, then it would be dead gorgeous!!

:iamwithstupid: The nose ruins the look for me, it needs a nose job :icon_mrgreen: