Saw the Pagani Huayara

Bingo, to think majority of the guys with mega dollars to burn on toys chose one over the other because of track times is very childish, it's another cool toy and they will have one or the other or both, paint it some weirdo color scheme and add it to their collection.

:iamwithstupid:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty cool but for the life of me I can't see the resemblance between it and the Huyara.

image.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Correct, Rotax shifter kart. 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds or less (depending on gearing) and 2.5-3 G's cornering

I race those karts. CRG. I love karting, but there are no similarities between go-karts and hypercars other then both having 4 wheels.

If you desire is a street legal car with a go-kart feel, you can save a lot of money and get a lot closer! Lotus and Mazda have amazing cars that can give you that experience better then any million plus car (other then the Sesto Elemento)! :icon_thumleft:

That's pretty cool but for the life of me I can't see the resemblance between it and the Huyara.

post-7524-1372464001.jpg

What do you mean? They're almost the same. You obviously have never been in a proper go kart. :rant: :icon_mrgreen:

Comparing karts to $1M cars. lol

:icon_mrgreen:

If you have not driven a specific car that you are discussing, starting an argument based on magazine reviews is a complete waste of time as none of them are unbiased and objective.

:iamwithstupid:

There is way too much of that. As many of you know, I got really annoyed by everyone insisting that the ISR is crap because a few journalists from the UK are old, have bad backs, and want everything to ride like a Rolls. So many people quote those tv shows and magazines as if it were their own experiences. :eusa_naughty: Automotive TV shows and magazines have 2 goals: Entertainment and Advertising. And the content (entertainment) is designed to sell the advertising.

Accelerator, it's fascinating to watch you claim with such certainty that which you know nothing about. The Huayra understeers in the same way every single production car understeers: by design and by setup. It understeers significantly LESS than any 4wd Lamborghini, though. There's nothing mystical or unexpected about this.

I've actually driving the Huayra on the track in anger and guarantee you that you will reach YOUR limits long before you're even nudging against those of the car. Unless you happened to be a very fast racer. Make no mistake, the Huayra is a very, very fast car. Faster than my Zonda by a decent clip.

It's also extremely well built. The only valid beef you can have with that car is that you don't like how it looks. That's fair. We all have different tastes. I like how it looks. I like it better than the P1 and the ThethetheFerrari, but I like the Zonda and the Agera better still. It's all a very rarified field so it's not like you're going wrong with any of them.

Finally, if you actually weren't just an Internet loudmouth, you'd know that if the understeer actually hampered your immense talent, it would be a very simple mission to dial it out. Add some camber, tweak the sway bars, tweak the pressures. It's not exactly rocket science: every single race team does this work every time they go out on track. Even race cars can roll off the truck with horrible understeer and then you spend a session dialing it out.

To the larger point, I agree that the Aventador is punching well above its price class. I'd rather have an Aventador than a P1 or a ThethetheFerrari. That's an amazing feat given the disparity in price! Hell, I'd take an Aventador over a first-gen Veyron (but not a vitesse).

Lambo nailed it, even it took some of us a few years to figure it out (I remember being disappointed seeing the first Aventador in plain white at those original "secret" showings). Viva the bull!

This is why, as many posts as I have, you never see me participate in conversations like these. I just realize that I have no experience with these cars and giving opinions being in that position is just silly. Occasionally I just ask questions and that's it. Some people just don't know when to shut up.

Accelerator, it's fascinating to watch you claim with such certainty that which you know nothing about. The Huayra understeers in the same way every single production car understeers: by design and by setup. It understeers significantly LESS than any 4wd Lamborghini, though. There's nothing mystical or unexpected about this.

I've actually driving the Huayra on the track in anger and guarantee you that you will reach YOUR limits long before you're even nudging against those of the car. Unless you happened to be a very fast racer. Make no mistake, the Huayra is a very, very fast car. Faster than my Zonda by a decent clip.

It's also extremely well built. The only valid beef you can have with that car is that you don't like how it looks. That's fair. We all have different tastes. I like how it looks. I like it better than the P1 and the ThethetheFerrari, but I like the Zonda and the Agera better still. It's all a very rarified field so it's not like you're going wrong with any of them.

Finally, if you actually weren't just an Internet loudmouth, you'd know that if the understeer actually hampered your immense talent, it would be a very simple mission to dial it out. Add some camber, tweak the sway bars, tweak the pressures. It's not exactly rocket science: every single race team does this work every time they go out on track. Even race cars can roll off the truck with horrible understeer and then you spend a session dialing it out.

The man has spoken, and thank god just in time.

accelerator, your issue is that you speak with such authority on things you do not have first hand experience with. I hope offline you are different, and online I hope your persona smooths out a little because you're a smart guy and could be an excellent resource instead of a "black/white my-way-is-the-only-way" type of poster.

As a professional tire kicker, my opinion is not far off many of you guys. I have actually seen a Pagani and Koenigsegg up close- both are unreal hyper cars and (IMO) make most Ferraris and Lambos look like mass-produced cars (and some may argue they actually are).

Nice to hear a few non-tire kickers chime in though. I would imagine most supercars are setup to be prone to under steer (by a small degree) just to keep owners from killing themselves.

If you haven't seen Drive's special on Koenigsegg or Pagani- watch them now! Amazing artists at work. If you don't like the styling, fine. But you cannot deny the quality and craftsmanship awarded to these two companies.

If you want to make a statement, I don't think one could go wrong with an Aventador. But having a Pagani or Koenigsegg is more akin to owning a fine watch or having a special painting that YOU appreciate because you know who designed it, what the meaning is behind it, and have a special connection to it. This connecton is a far cry from checking an options box and simply writing a check for "the new _______" and calling it a day...

Stig, completely agree. The craftsmanship and the time these boutique makers are able to put into each car is astounding. The relationship you're able to build with the factory, the workers, and the main man in charge is equally enthralling.

It's like being able to buy a Lamborghini straight from Ferruccio and having him tailor it to your exact specifications. It's a special process and the final product is very different from the billion-backed houses of Lamborghini and Ferrari.

The man has spoken, and thank god just in time.

accelerator, your issue is that you speak with such authority on things you do not have first hand experience with. I hope offline you are different, and online I hope your persona smooths out a little because you're a smart guy and could be an excellent resource instead of a "black/white my-way-is-the-only-way" type of poster.

Don't get me wrong. I love the craftsmanship of Pagani. Very precise, very design driven. I think the Huayra disappoints me so much because I expect more from Horatio. I know he has a lot more to offer.

I have a long ways to go on how I present myself online. Something I have recently trying to make a conscious effort on.

Sorry chaps.

There was one for around that in Atlanta that I got a call on last year. It needed a service that I hear was 6-figures. It seems like the deal with the Veyron used market is people flip them when the next service is due. If you look and stay on it, you can get one for 6-700k depending on the service required. Cars that are up-to-date will list higher.

Ther Veyron will drop more soon. Its ugly and boring.

Please show me a non wrecked Veyron that has sold for 6-700. You cant because its never happened.

I mean with all due respect, its silly throwing unrealistic prices out there.

I know you dont like them, but I love mine.

Put 6500 miles on it in the last year, thats more than most guys put on their whole fleet......

Please show me a non wrecked Veyron that has sold for 6-700. You cant because its never happened.

Put 6500 miles on it in the last year, thats more than most guys put on their whole fleet......

I agree.. there are no Veyron in the 600-700k range..

I actually like your Veyron from the pics I have seen recently! I am glad you drive it!!

I was offered a Veyron and told 700 would get it done. 8 months ago maybe(?) I didn't look any further because it didn't interest me. It was not wrecked but it needed a big service. I bet you can find an early one for 7-800. I know there are a lot more for sale then you see on line. If you'd like to know more about where I am getting that info from, give me a ring or shoot me a text.

I respect the Veyron and the Huayra. I do not find either to be a good fit for me. But IMO they are both two of the greatest cars of all time. :icon_thumleft:

I am just glad all these cars exist at all. Horses for courses, each to their own. As the onslaught to legislate these types of cars out of existence continues, I think we are potentially closing in on the end of a golden age, much like the 60's, early 70's. Enjoy it while it lasts.

FYI the Pagani H crushed all comers on the top gear test track. Not bad for a kit car.

I do not want to spread any false info.

I made some calls today. The Veyron that I was offered for 700k ended up selling for 850k. The market is stronger than it was 8-10 months ago, and its stronger than I expected. There are still a lot of Veyrons on the market but they have been selling a lot quicker recently, helping the numbers go back up a bit. Great car! Now, I am told, they are trading in the 800-1mm USD range for the earlier models. Regardless, it is known to be the fastest car of all time and that record-breaker presence means a lot to a lot of people. I also hear the final edition Veyron is coming and it will have a price tag around 7.7mm USD. That should help the resale value of the earlier models too. :icon_thumleft:

The Huayra is a beautiful work of art. I just prefer the artist earlier work. I love the newer Zonda models, including the most recently released version, the Revolucion. :monkeyleft:

I do not want to spread any false info.

I made some calls today. The Veyron that I was offered for 700k ended up selling for 850k. The market is stronger than it was 8-10 months ago, and its stronger than I expected. There are still a lot of Veyrons on the market but they have been selling a lot quicker recently, helping the numbers go back up a bit. Great car! Now, I am told, they are trading in the 800-1mm USD range for the earlier models. Regardless, it is known to be the fastest car of all time and that record-breaker presence means a lot to a lot of people. I also hear the final edition Veyron is coming and it will have a price tag around 7.7mm USD. That should help the resale value of the earlier models too. :icon_thumleft:

The Huayra is a beautiful work of art. I just prefer the artist earlier work. I love the newer Zonda models, including the most recently released version, the Revolucion. :monkeyleft:

:icon_thumleft:

On the Rise.....On the Rise

Have you spent any real seat time in one? If not you should, youll be hooked. Initially I didnt see or understand the hype...........then I got one and spent 5 days and 3000 miles in it........and now you know the rest of the story.

Handling balance is everything in a kart. Should be on a road car too. Neutral to slight oversteer has always been my preferred setup. And Horatio just claimed his setup is the complete opposite direction.

Yes of course, the kart is on slicks and the Huayra is on road tires, but it's a philosophical choice to setup the car like that. One of many that Horatio has chosen.

Not something that I personally would like on a car in this price range. Totally subjective and you're free to want your car to have those characteristics.

Lets cut to the chase.

We have actually designed, engineered and manufactured a car that Won in class at The 24 Hours of Nurburgring and won an FIA Championship.

Our car makes 2800lbs of downforce and pulls 2.8G+. (In road legal configuration)

In racing and on the road you want a car where the rear sticks and the front at the limit very gently begins to understeer. The reason is that in high mechanical grip/high aero grip cars once a car loses the tail it's VERY hard to catch as the driver who was killed at Le Mans in the Aston sadly learned a few days ago. On the road this is even more true.

I drive Le Mans cars on the road from 1967 that don't have anywhere near as much mechanical/aero grip and before you stand on them you'd better be putting in opposite lock.

Early race cars are a LOT different from modern racecars. In earlier cars you do use oppo/lock to correct oversteer but in modern race cars very few can catch a car that loses it's rear.

Lets cut to the chase.

We have actually designed, engineered and manufactured a car that Won in class at The 24 Hours of Nurburgring and won an FIA Championship.

Our car makes 2800lbs of downforce and pulls 2.8G+. (In road legal configuration)

In racing and on the road you want a car where the rear sticks and the front at the limit very gently begins to understeer. The reason is that in high mechanical grip/high aero grip cars once a car loses the tail it's VERY hard to catch as the driver who was killed at Le Mans in the Aston sadly learned a few days ago. On the road this is even more true.

I drive Le Mans cars on the road from 1967 that don't have anywhere near as much mechanical/aero grip and before you stand on them you'd better be putting in opposite lock.

Early race cars are a LOT different from modern racecars. In earlier cars you do use oppo/lock to correct oversteer but in modern race cars very few can catch a car that loses it's rear.

Modern race car note neutral handling.

1967 Le Mans race car. Note opposite lock to keep rear from rotating.

post-468-1372775692_thumb.jpg

post-468-1372775729.jpg