2008 LP640 Monterey Blue - Story

Congrats! Are you going to have to do a full service given that the car has been essentially sitting for 3 years? I can't believe you pried it out of their hands. Good work!

Thanks.

I did just leave the dealer, they did an oil change and checked everything.

They re-calibrated the e-gear and did a clutch snap. 90% left !! :icon_mrgreen:

They said there was a recall on the CCB's and ordered the stainless bolts for it.

Good to go!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! MB is my all time favorite color. When I saw Jason's LP640, I couldn't help but stare at the color. It was so rich and deep, felt like you could dip your hand in it.

Thanks.

I did just leave the dealer, they did an oil change and checked everything.

They re-calibrated the e-gear and did a clutch snap. 90% left !! :icon_mrgreen:

They said there was a recall on the CCB's and ordered the stainless bolts for it.

Good to go!

Fantastic news. Very happy for you - one of my all time favorite cars. I have been calling them quarterly for the last 2 years and had no luck. You must have dropped the Jedi mind F on them.

Congrats donzikid. I never forget seeing this Murci in Ft Lauderdale on Sunrise and A1A a few years back... the way I remember it was like seeing a stealth fighter jet coming at you at a very low altitude, absolute menacing sight :icon_super:

Can you still order this color on a new car? Is it still called Monterey Blue?

Now Blue Nethus and is a little different, but apparently going to be discontinued.

I remember that car, way back when I sold it to them..STUNNING example..

What did you trade in against it..???

JJG if you ever end up selling let me know please.

I have contemplated a sale before, but the color and the gated shifter have me hooked. I will certainly advise you if that ever changes.

I have contemplated a sale before, but the color and the gated shifter have me hooked. I will certainly advise you if that ever changes.

Ha ha, so you own the grail car. The infamous MB manual.

Thanks - just let me know and we willl work a deal.

Beautiful car! Where are you located?

Roys gated MB car. I saw it in person once when he drove through salt lake on a rally. car was stunning in person.

Just for me to stop and think of all the "gated" cars I have had over the past years.......I don't think any of us ever thought they would be like hens teeth down the road.

That MB 6 speed was fantastic...I think I only parted with it because my 2010 LP670-4SV I ordered, in 6 speed, was due to arrive...that was WAY back in JULY of 2009..wow time flys.

So it looks like they took your SV in on trade...good for you, hope you got all the money you were looking for. It will be interesting to see if they get it sold now. A rare and beautiful car.

post-23696-1436639429_thumb.jpg

Beautiful car! Where are you located?

I am located in NY. I flew down to FL to see what is now your car in October of 2011 (but could not come to a deal with them). In December of 2011, I was able to obtain my car (with Roy's help).

mms_img2087000073.jpg

I am located in NY. I flew down to FL to see what is now your car in October of 2011 (but could not come to a deal with them). In December of 2011, I was able to obtain my car (with Roy's help).

]

I have mine since new, I don't drive it much and often think of selling it until I open the garage door and look at it from the back, then I think I will never sell it.

post-105771-1436639515_thumb.jpg

Did you change the steering wheel to include the blue stripe at the top?

Looks great!

How many miles do you have?

Did you change the steering wheel to include the blue stripe at the top?

Looks great!

How many miles do you have?

Yes. I replaced the macarbon steering wheel that car had with a new macarbon wheel with the stripe.

Just passed 43,000 miles (not a typo). Had 30,000 when I got it.

Just passed 43,000 miles (not a typo). Had 30,000 when I got it.

Much respect! The best part is given the rarity of the combo this car will still bring solid $ down the road. Drive it and enjoy!

I have mine since new, I don't drive it much and often think of selling it until I open the garage door and look at it from the back, then I think I will never sell it.

You need to come to Cars and Coffee in Woodland Hills next Sunday; it's the Lambo drive! Would be awesome to have 2 MB Murcis there. :)

Josh can buy the manual (awesome car btw JJG) and we can start our own MB crew! haha