Drag Times Video of world record pass of Underground Racing LP570

Congratulations to Leonid for driving his Underground Racing TT Gallardo to a new 1 mile ET record and for running 263 mph in the standing mile (ET record previously owned by an A(M(S GTR). Also thanks to Leonid choosing Underground Racing to build your Lamborghini.

Leonid came to us a few months back wanting to send his very rare LP570 6-speed that he found in the UAE for a turbo system that could break the Moscow 500 record. After chatting with him for a while, we decided to go with the Stage 2R build. After we got the TT Gallardo completed, he came over from Russia to do some test driving. ;) Afterward we let it go to the shipper, and they flew it back home to Russia.

This TT LP570 made aprox 1,800 whp on a dynojet. It has our normal built engine from Proline Racing with the 2R race heads. Doug and the guys at Proline Racing have been perfect on the now over 100 Lamborghini engine builds they have done for us! It has our latest transmission components, including a very high strength custom ratio billet 1-6 gear setup with billet output and input shafts. We are running custom spec billet helix final drive gears as well. It has billet modifications to the transmission case and to the mid plate with a billet differential. John Reed added his MoTeC ECU setup as well. It has a custom billet intake made to our spec, that was a must due to the high boost pressure conditions that the stock plastic one will not contain.

The great thing about this car is it is truly a fully loaded street car that will pass US OBD2 inspections. The record pass was done on street tires using Toyo R888's. For Leonid to take this record and to go this fast in a manual 6-speed is a great accomplishment. You actually have to drive this car, not just sit back and let a launch control system and paddles do the work.

Also, thanks to our new service center in Russia, Altechno, for helping with race support and other adjustments.

Video http://www.dragtimes.ru/en/video/342

Leonid_2011TTgLP560_01_zps498548d7.jpg Leonid_2011TTgLP560_05_zpscd6fb415.jpg Leonid_2011TTgLP560_04_zpsbbb591d5.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speechless. And one heck of a driver!!

Great job, Kevin. That is one MAD car!!! :icon_super:

Amazing showing that car did!

This is a question I kind of already know the answer to....was there anything that makes this car so different besides the UGR TT setup?

To me it looks like just a stock LP570 with a TT setup making lots of power.

Can you share what the super cold vodka is doing in the windshield wiper reservoir, to cool the heat exchangers up front?

This is a question I kind of already know the answer to....was there anything that makes this car so different besides the UGR TT setup?

Can you share what the super cold vodka is doing in the windshield wiper reservoir, to cool the heat exchangers up front?

Haha.. Awesome

Congrats to Leonid , Kevin, UR Crew and Altechno !! Simply Incredible run !!!!!

I think they added some cooling tricks. Glad they are there because we needed a good place to take cars for service in Moscow.

Did he cut out the gates on the 6 speed? If you look at 4:49 in the video, you see a gate separating reverse from 1st & 2nd, but everything else looks open.

Did he cut out the gates on the 6 speed? If you look at 4:49 in the video, you see a gate separating reverse from 1st & 2nd, but everything else looks open.

Yes he did. Not sure why but I guess it helps him get it into gear faster. I have hit the gate a couple times causing me to miss the gear.

I think this would be a good time to figure out a way to modify the AWD system so we can run some crazy rear drag setup and then a normal front tire setup. Throw on some GT-R size rear wheels in the 28" range and it will hook.

insane.

i just came back from a show on long island.. there was a gorgeous yellow tt that took off after leaving the event... car took off like a sling shot. an amazing thing to see.