If you could live anywhere

sprite

But isn't that the point? My home is my sanctuary. Its the weather and views that make it my most desired choice. I wouldn't want to live in the hustle of a big city. Just be close enough to have plenty of options.

What desirable big city is it close to?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What desirable big city is it close to?

Close is a relative term, but just over an hour from Scottsdale.

Dubai. All wealth and abundance. Not to mention I would be surrounded by all my favorite supercars. :)

I would but I'm not sure how i could become a citizen or adapt to their lifestyle. Also being an obvious American I'm not sure how id be excepted. San Diego is fine though.

Dubai. All wealth and abundance. Not to mention I would be surrounded by all my favorite supercars. :)

I would but I'm not sure how i could become a citizen or adapt to their lifestyle. Also being an obvious American I'm not sure how id be excepted. San Diego is fine though.

Hey, its Pantera!

In terms of those that are saying Hawaii sucks.. it's not for Car people. That's for sure. Honolulu roads are a fcuking mess, no Track to go to. HPD cracking down on speeding, Stupid state government spending an arm for a rail system that I can't see a lot of people using. Traffic with to many idiot drivers. I'm a local and would rather spend my time traveling away from Hawaii. I'm not real big on ocean and water sports either.

As far as places to live.. I think SF would be ok. Weather is cool all year round. Vegas would be nice. Also Miami.

Dubai is a amazing place to visit but living there is another story, they have different laws and culture from us the western world. I say it would be easier for a American to adopt to living in Monaco then Dubai.

In some aspects they are ahead but many aspects they are behind.

Unless you own a business there making money, have some investments or have a good job those would be the only reasons to live there besides that it would be just a nice place to visit.

Very difficult to answer this question.

My favorite place TODAY would be Miami. I am Single, Love the ocean, the car scene, club scene, the women and the weather. penthouses in Miami are not cheap.

If I am single and trying to get the most out of my money as a Bachelor, you can get a badass Penthouse in Downtown Houston for around $1M. Also, great car scene, women, club scene, weather is OK and but no ocean. some decent lakes though.

If money was No option at all. I would get me a 2-300FT yacht and travel the world :-D

I am not married nor do I have any kids.. So i really have not put much thought into where I would live with a family

I lived ~100 yds away from the Hancock building and near Bently/lambo Gold Coast and association fees weren't even close to that. My buddy owns a 2 bd room 15 min walk from Sears tower and he's in the same boat. $2500 might apply to the most expensive building there is, but no where near avg.

LPers have a compass that always points to most $$$. I'm sure someone on here would say Charleston, SC is an expensive city because the waterfront homes below Broad Street average $5-10 million, even though the average price of a house in the entire county is probably $150-200k. :icon_mrgreen:

CHI real estate prices are very reasonable.

ATL is indeed very cheap as it is cheaper than Charleston pound for pound much to my surprise. I'm not a huge ATL fan but a major city with a cost of living index of a small town is pretty sweet.

To the guys with a profession that allows you to live anywhere in the country you want, Well fcuking done! I greatly envy your ability to relocate at will and live in the fantastic somewhat rural areas.

Malibu, I get to throw tail all day long...... I'm close to everything I love, business, restaurants, great weather, friends, fun, good for cars, good canyons drives and it's an international city so friends from other countries drop by a couple times a year :icon_thumleft:

BC_Tailslide.jpg

To the guys with a profession that allows you to live anywhere in the country you want, Well fcuking done! I greatly envy your ability to relocate at will and live in the fantastic somewhat rural areas.

:iamwithstupid:

That flexibility is worth quite a bit of $$$ in my book.

Malibu, I get to throw tail all day long...... I'm close to everything I love, business, restaurants, great weather, friends, fun, good for cars, good canyons drives and it's an international city so friends from other countries drop by a couple times a year :icon_thumleft:

Isnt this pic like 20yrs old pegleg?

Isnt this pic like 20yrs old pegleg?

This one is from last week :icon_fU:

I may be crippled but I can still do work son! :icon_butt:

IMG_6434.jpg

Sedona.

I don't think I would ever get tired of that view.

If you were to get bored of the almost perfect weather, Vegas, San Diego, Rocky point, Grand canyon, Scottsdale are only a few hours drive from there.

I'll be in Sedona for some mountain biking on the first week of September with a bunch of buddies. I'll give you a heads up!

I had a huge career opportunity in Fontana and I passed.. If it was only 50 miles further west I would be all over it, but no way am I living anywhere near Fontana.

I had a huge career opportunity in Fontana and I passed.. If it was only 50 miles further west I would be all over it, but no way am I living anywhere near Fontana.

You blew it.... Fontana sucks.... Always has.... But there a bunch of VERY nice foothill communities just west of Fontana. Claremont, San Antonio Heights, San Dimas, Alta Loma.

You blew it.... Fontana sucks.... Always has.... But there a bunch of VERY nice foothill communities just west of Fontana. Claremont, San Antonio Heights, San Dimas, Alta Loma.

How far away of a drive? They still want me to come out there, but I keep saying no. I live in the foothills in Salt Lake and it is hard to beat. Rated top 20 places to live in United States by MSN. I live 12 minute drive from work. I only work 40 hours a week and have weekends off.. In cali i'll have to work 60+ hours, drive further to work, and pay way more in taxes and cost of living.. It'll pay about $500k/year and up, but averaging everything out I feel my quality of life here is tough to beat and I do pretty well here.

+1 I grew up in San Dimas (before it was so fcuking crowded) and it's a great little hidden country community.

Shit Megachad, Snoop lives in Claremont. (10 min from San Dimas one way, 10-15min from Fontana in the other direction)

Or go 25 min East of Fontana to the upper part of Yucaipa (Chapman Heights) and it's another great area tucked up into the hills, a great state park, lakes, hiking, etc.

Fontana might be an industrial butthole of a city but it's surrounded by some great (and fairly low key wealthy) areas.

On that note: SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULES :icon_mrgreen: