If you could live anywhere

sprite

I have never been to Switzerland but it always looks so picturesque and beautiful in photos. Can anyone who has been there describe what living there is like? I dont recall LP having any members who are from there.

I was there working for 6 weeks. I went skiing at Interlacken. It is a nice place. They are friendly, food is good. I could live there long term. Nothing like the USA.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monaco is boring, it's way too small, not that nice and packed. There are much nicer places around, problem is that they are in France (or Italy), which mean, well, you know... stupid taxes.

I now live in Bangkok, I kinda like the mood here, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay here for long. It has been voted world's best city, don't know if it is but here everything seems possible!

I now live in Bangkok, I kinda like the mood here, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay here for long. It has been voted world's best city, don't know if it is but here everything seems possible!

...except solving the daily 3hr-long traffic jam. :icon_mrgreen:

Not tired of Spain, but don't see myself settling down here either. I was mostly curious what other people thought. I do want to do some traveling next year though and trying to figure out some cool cities to visit.

I was a bit curious about Toronto, I know it's cold in the winter, but other then that is it a good city? I've never been to Canada and want to visit.

Toronto is the Miami of Canada from my experiences there. Lots of different cultures balled up into one city. Good food, nice hotels, nice restaurants, decent nightlife, etc. Worth a visit for sure. Exchange rate sucked last time I went.

Chicago Vancouver and Montreal!

for the summer months mostly :)

Chicago is really cool and if money wasnt an option It would be perfect for the summer- huge lake for the leisure, miles of beach for the women, plenty of nightlife, awesome culture with the millenium park and museums.

Malibu: Best weather in US (Southern Cali), great canyon roads, close enough to everything else.

I looked hard all over the world to come to those two conclusions :).

My only gripe with Malibu is the traffic on PCH makes me want to kill myself. If you have to make any sort of regular commute to LA in the usual daily time frames, it's fcuking miserable.

Otherwise it's fcuking amazing.

I love Malibu. At my age and if I did not have to commute it would be a great spot. Have the ocean to surf, beautiful weather year round (not severe season changes and can be in the ocean year round and drive year round), and have the nightlife and restaurants when you want to "hit the town." I agree though the traffic is horrible.

...except solving the daily 3hr-long traffic jam. :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_mrgreen: The best part is when the girlfriend doesn't want to take the MRT/BTS nor walk, so you take a taxi and tell the driver you want to go to Lebua Hotel, which is well known since this is where Hangover II has been filmed, it's in the largest tower in SE Asia and host the largest rooftop restaurant in the world. You get stuck in the traffic jam for 3 hours and then the taxi driver takes small roads and soi and stop in front of a tiny restaurant named Bua. You laught and tell him that you don't want to go to Bua Indian Restaurant but Lebua Hotel. And then you realize that he has no fcuking idea what you're talking about.

Huh? Chicago is cheap as dirt by major city standards

Not in heart of DT Chi town-very expensive to be in a nice unit with 2+ bedrooms. Maybe inexpensive compared to manhattan, but very expensive compared to a city like Atlanta.

:icon_mrgreen: The best part is when the girlfriend doesn't want to take the MRT/BTS nor walk, so you take a taxi and tell the driver you want to go to Lebua Hotel, which is well known since this is where Hangover II has been filmed, it's in the largest tower in SE Asia and host the largest rooftop restaurant in the world. You get stuck in the traffic jam for 3 hours and then the taxi driver takes small roads and soi and stop in front of a tiny restaurant named Bua. You laught and tell him that you don't want to go to Bua Indian Restaurant but Lebua Hotel. And then you realize that he has no fcuking idea what you're talking about.

Yup, deja vu for sure.

Not in heart of DT Chi town-very expensive to be in a nice unit with 2+ bedrooms. Maybe inexpensive compared to manhattan, but very expensive compared to a city like Atlanta.

I still think its cheap - I lived in the heart of DT for 6 years, and most my friends own nice units DT. Atlanta must be real cheap.

I think there are too many factors to consider for a fair answer. Are we talking about living conditions (climate, landscape, density, safety & security, political stability costs)? Business opportunities (taxes, regulations, exchange rates)? Length of stay (permanent residence, short holidays, extended vacations) etc...

And if money is not an issue, does it really matter where one lives?

Most of the 2+BR units in Chicago i looked up when i was there last time in decent (newer buildings) in decent areas (lakeshore drive) were easy a million and up for smaller units.

Oh and I had never seen anyone finance parking spots until I visited Chicago which has parking spots that are $200,000+!

Most of the 2+BR units in Chicago i looked up when i was there last time in decent (newer buildings) in decent areas (lakeshore drive) were easy a million and up for smaller units.

Oh and I had never seen anyone finance parking spots until I visited Chicago which has parking spots that are $200,000+!

And a $2500/mo association due on top of your purchase price. I would.never classify DT Chicago as "cheap"

And a $2500/mo association due on top of your purchase price. I would.never classify DT Chicago as "cheap"

I lived ~100 yds away from the Hancock building and near Bently/lambo Gold Coast and association fees weren't even close to that. My buddy owns a 2 bd room 15 min walk from Sears tower and he's in the same boat. $2500 might apply to the most expensive building there is, but no where near avg.

Sedona.

I don't think I would ever get tired of that view.

If you were to get bored of the almost perfect weather, Vegas, San Diego, Rocky point, Grand canyon, Scottsdale are only a few hours drive from there.

Sedona.

I don't think I would ever get tired of that view.

If you were to get bored of the almost perfect weather, Vegas, San Diego, Rocky point, Grand canyon, Scottsdale are only a few hours drive from there.

Sedona is fantastic to visit but there isn't SHIT to do in that little town, and Flagstaff isn't all that entertaining either. It would make a great second home but I don't know about living there year round.

Sedona is fantastic to visit but there isn't SHIT to do in that little town, and Flagstaff isn't all that entertaining either. It would make a great second home but I don't know about living there year round.

I would agree! No way I could live in Sedona or Flagstaff. Honestly if you are looking for similar town sizes their are much better places to live.

I would agree! No way I could live in Sedona or Flagstaff. Honestly if you are looking for similar town sizes their are much better places to live.

But isn't that the point? My home is my sanctuary. Its the weather and views that make it my most desired choice. I wouldn't want to live in the hustle of a big city. Just be close enough to have plenty of options.