Sesto Elemento goes off-track on Top Gear - Video

Destructo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious about a couple of things:

1) How far off street legal is it?

2) If its not street legal why does it have the standard corsas? why not put slicks on it?

2) If its not street legal why does it have the standard corsas? why not put slicks on it?

it is not even remotely street legal..

Lexan windows and windshield, no crash testing, no airbags, etc.

It's about as far removed from streetlegal as possible except for the emissions from the LP570 engine.

The Sesto Elemento has something these car shows can't explain with lap times. In fact, it can't be explained. The reviewer made a fair attempt. It is more alive than anything you will ever drive. It has all the drama that you get from the most intense experiences that life has to offer. It delivers the real race car experience but without all the issues you get (and learn to accept/ignore) with real race cars - it actually drives like a multimillion dollar race car that happens to also be a great multimillion dollar street car (in the truest sense of those terms). There is nothing like the Sesto Elemento. It may be 2mm +/- but you could argue that the Sesto Elemento experience is priceless. I would take it over the P1 and LaF all day long. I don't want a radio or A/C in the Sesto Elemento. If you want to hear a radio while driving it then you just don't get it. It is perfect as is.

The only reason that I haven't ordered one is time. I already have such limited time to spend with my family due to my work schedule, so at the moment buying a car that I can only drive on the track or on private roads is not realistic for me. I hope to one day have that time, and when I do, I will get a Sesto Elemento. And it will probably become my favorite car of them all from a pure driving standpoint.

I don't believe the Sesto is as light as everyone believes it is. It's super light but clearly it's hp/weight ratio isn't as much as some of the others.

I agree with sprite with adding more power to it!

There are hundreds of cars that can likely give an even greater experience. I would take a Zonda R drive any day. Any hillclimb car, almost any time attack car. Any real track day car (Radical SR8LM). Any rallycross car.

No power steering, RWD, 850 whp, manual, 4500 lb of downforce. Now that is a driving experience. Street tires on most of the tracks

This is on wastegate pressure

And this is only 1 car. There are many many cars. The world is quite a big place.

Because it is over 2 million dollars and it should be?

Lamborghini themselves say that it "delivers unparalleled performance"

Well if Lamborghini said that then this concept car must be compared to the 900+hp, no compromise hypercars that Ferrari and Mclaren are building.. :eusa_wall:

The Rolls Royce Wraith costs about twice as much as the new 991TT and Rolls says it's "fastest and most powerful Rolls Royce ever". Should we compare them as well?

The Sesto costs $2mil because they are building what, 20 of them? I'm guessing the the driveline is around 2-4% of the total cost..

When Lamborghini builds a true hypercar from the ground up (instead of putting on awsome clothes on a 10 year old skeleton), then we can start to bring the big boy hypercars into the conversation.

All these comments knocking the Sesto Elemento are based on a lap time from a prime time comedy / entertainment TV show.

That's the equivalent of getting all of your political opinions and news from the host of a cable TV news channel's prime time opinion-based programming. Then, referencing that person's radical opinions as fact because that person has a show on TV and it says "news channel" in the corner of the screen. oh wait. A lot of people actually do just that. :jackoff:

I love when everyone acts like they are Mario Andretti and the tenths-of-a-second differences in lap times by a pro driver (sometimes different drivers) from different days with different conditions have any bearing on which is the better car to own. So, you're a pro driver and you're buying these multimillion dollar cars with the primary goal being to set great lap times? That's what you think the majority of owners are buying them for? What percentage of multimillion dollar car owners do you think track those cars? :rolleyes:

Your neighbor isn't Freddie Kruger just because you and the other neighbors think he is a little creepy. You're not dying of some rare disease because the medication they're selling you on TV lists every possible symptom. You can't guarantee your solemate based on a few questions she/he answered for an online dating service despite it telling you that you're a 100% perfect match. Enjoy your tv and stats, but don't tell me you have all the answers because you read a manufacturer supplied performance spec sheet of a car that no one has driven (and is still in testing).

So i'm going to do something a bit unconvential and ask an on topic question :icon_mrgreen:

Why did he lose it there? Was he just pushing it too hard, or was it not dialed in correctly. I am a big fan of the Sesto, but it did seem to have a bit of bounce at a couple of moments there. I'm assuming thats what caused the rear end to become a bit light.

All these comments knocking the Sesto Elemento are based on a lap time from a prime time comedy / entertainment TV show.

That's the equivalent of getting all of your political opinions and news from the host of a cable TV news channel's prime time opinion-based programming. Then, referencing that person's radical opinions as fact because that person has a show on TV and it says "news channel" in the corner of the screen. oh wait. A lot of people actually do just that. :jackoff:

I love when everyone acts like they are Mario Andretti and the tenths-of-a-second differences in lap times by a pro driver (sometimes different drivers) from different days with different conditions have any bearing on which is the better car to own. So, you're a pro driver and you're buying these multimillion dollar cars with the primary goal being to set great lap times? That's what you think the majority of owners are buying them for? What percentage of multimillion dollar car owners do you think track those cars? :rolleyes:

Your neighbor isn't Freddie Kruger just because you and the other neighbors think he is a little creepy. You're not dying of some rare disease because the medication they're selling you on TV lists every possible symptom. You can't guarantee your solemate based on a few questions she/he answered for an online dating service despite it telling you that you're a 100% perfect match. Enjoy your tv and stats, but don't tell me you have all the answers because you read a manufacturer supplied performance spec sheet of a car that no one has driven (and is still in testing).

:icon_thumleft:

Watching Top Gear = absolute wasted time these days. Evo TV miles ahead and their real passion for cars comes through

So i'm going to do something a bit unconvential and ask an on topic question :icon_mrgreen:

Why did he lose it there? Was he just pushing it too hard, or was it not dialed in correctly. I am a big fan of the Sesto, but it did seem to have a bit of bounce at a couple of moments there. I'm assuming thats what caused the rear end to become a bit light.

:icon_thumleft:

It looks to me like when he cut that left corner tight, there was a low spot that caused the rear to jump up unweighting the rear tires helping the rear step out.

It looks to me like when he cut that left corner tight, there was a low spot that caused the rear to jump up unweighting the rear tires helping the rear step out.

:iamwithstupid:

In the McLaren MP4-12C episode James May talked about the trick suspension set up Mac has. He walked that part of the track and showed how it has gotten beaten up over the various seasons. Then he talked about how well the Mac could handle that bump and how smooth it felt.

Lexan windows and windshield, no crash testing, no airbags, etc.

It's about as far removed from streetlegal as possible except for the emissions from the LP570 engine.

How do we know that?

This car can only be driven on the track. Lap times are just about the only thing it has. You miss the point that they were extremely POSITIVE about the car. But lap time is where it counts. It was clear that the car was being pushed, it was not sandbagged. Thank god it's still in testing, cause that rear suspension needs to be looked at. Inadequate damping or not enough travel

This car can only be driven on the track. Lap times are just about the only thing it has. You miss the point that they were extremely POSITIVE about the car. But lap time is where it counts. It was clear that the car was being pushed, it was not sandbagged. Thank god it's still in testing, cause that rear suspension needs to be looked at. Inadequate damping or not enough travel

Or he hit a big ass bump and the car got away from him a bit. Seriously BWUK while contrary generally brought some valid points to an argument. If not then we could at least fall back on his opinion of the ACTUAL cars he owned.

Stop fighting with every member on here. You haven't proven who you are or why you should be taken seriously yet.

He hit a big ass bump that every other car got past just fine. I'm trying to say, there are a LOT of track day only cars out there. Nothing street legal should even be remotely close to them

He hit a big ass bump that every other car got past just fine.

Assuming every other car took the EXACT same line...whcih you cant know for sure. Which goes right along with all the other talking out your ass you seem to do.

Out of over a hundred cars, I'm pretty sure at least 1 has taken that exact line if not EVERY CAR. Hell, Stig tried to take even LESS of the curb than he normally does.

Rear of the car is bouncing everywhere

He hit a big ass bump that every other car got past just fine. I'm trying to say, there are a LOT of track day only cars out there. Nothing street legal should even be remotely close to them

So what you're saying is the car isn't set up 100% right, particularly for the TG track, and that if it was it would go even faster?

Out of over a hundred cars, I'm pretty sure at least 1 has taken that exact line if not EVERY CAR

I think the Suzuki Liana took that line once and didn't go off the track, so it must have a better suspension.

Did he hit it faster or slower then every other car? If I hit a speed bump at 3mph nothing happens to my car. If I hit it at 150mph in my buddy's Aventador I bet the result is drastically different.

Why do you post here? Serious question.