Steroid use

megachad

I am not sure what the reaction of the 19 year old would be when faced with those requests because we are all different, I would personally hit the gym, talk to a dietician and a sprint coach mainly because I would be terrified of injecting any kind of chemicals in my ass but that's me, having said that I'd think those cases are very rare when related to the actual number of steroid users, I am sure none of the guys I've seen at the gym have been offered multi million dollar contracts

I took my first cycle at 19, I do regret that now at 27. Took some more in between with the last one end of 12'. I hang around in various circles, one of them being well off guys who take juice to be in amazing shape. Many of them are in their mid to high 40's. LA, Vegas and Miami types. Here is where I am getting with this...

I look at that circle of friends who take everything from HGH to IGF-LR3 and Insulin. They are fortunate enough to be able to see a doctor to look over all their blood while being on and off steroids. These guys, for the most part are extremely healthy. They train hard, run and watch what they eat...

Now I look at another circle of friends. Straight shooters running their parents business, wall street guys and even car guys. Most of them are pretty out of shape. Drink way too many red bulls, eat very unhealthy and smoke alot...

Now let me ask you this, who in your eyes is more unhealthier and subject to cancer and disease?

Also to add, one of my two favorite all time role models, Arnie and Sly, have been on gear since their teen's... Look at them now at their age, seem pretty good to me. As well, the IFBB Pro's who take 5-10 times more of the dosage of steroids than the average joe who uses. Do you see that many guys falling on the floor dead at 40-50? 3500mg of test a week, 2 IU's of HGH for every hour they are awake...

I don´t want to know the daily side effects those mentioned people have to deal with. Just thinking about the fact that standard flu medication and painkillers can have some really uncomfortable side effect(sudden drop of blood pressure, etc..), don´t want to know what steroid users have to go through every day.

I think the twitter account "gselevator" said it best: "Drugs to pro athletes is like plastic surgery to actors. They're here to entertain me. Who gives a f*ck."

Thinking steroids are only for getting to be a huge athlete, is like saying buying a Lamborghini is only for the sake of reckless, highly illegal driving.

But 'roids are socially acceptable for old guys so they can get their cock hard, right?

Shit, I have done quite a few cycles, not for sports, and my experiences were awesome.

Glad some guys are owning up and talking about it. I would venture to guess there are quite a few here

Well, its very simple. Hormones are chemical signals for cell function and growth.

Cancer is unregulated growth of cells.

You can smoke and not get cancer. Then again, I wouldnt have to say that if most people who smoke didnt have problems from it.

I think that people should be able to do what they want. However, most of it is vanity and 99,9% of women think its disgusting.

Regardless of side effects, one pound of muscle or fat needs capillary beds for blood. They have a rough number that every pound is a mile of capillary beds. Fat or muscle, the heart will be taxed.

I will freely admit that I have taken, it is no secret. It is also no secret in one case on a cutting cycle, I nearly died. I turned white, shortness of breath, my pulse was almost undetectable. A zombie. Most bulking cycles and I could have won a Nobel Peace Prize for how happy and helpful I was. Then again, vicodin is like meth and ritalin to me. I get super hyper and focused while others become drooling idiots.

Below is some personal experience, your milage may vary.

HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY: HRT for short. It is a way to sell old guys boner pills, gels and shots as if mother nature benching your dick was a little too soon for your tastes. Sometimes it is just you get tired of sex with the same woman and that is not a good conversation to have so blame it on "ED". Gels, also called "clear" back in the day, are no fun for the woman in your life, especially if you are at an age where HRT is a real thing for you, she is probably pushing menopause, and this can have serious problems for her.

When I take testosterone, the backbone of HRT, I become a sexual rockstar. If you are pushing 40 like me and have a 21 year old girlfriend like I do, this is a good thing. If your 40 and your wife is 40, you are wasting it, just take a blue pill and bone down once a week. If you are recently divorced or just tired of your wife's meatlocker and got something on the side (like your daughter's college dormmates), go for it. Empathy will be worth a lot of points in Scrabble, but not in your relationship, you will have almost no mood. When you stop, expect to cry and watch chickflicks a lot. HRT is such a low dose, but compared to natural production at a flatline, it is a big deal.

HGH is something I looked at, but I am not taking the plunge. I see bone thickening, widening of jaws, people looking like blockheads. One friend looked like a plumped ballpark frank about to burst his skin. Also HGH at an older age makes you look like a scrotum, like a vegan.

^ What happened on your cutting cycle?

T3? Tren? Insulin?

DNP

The more I think about it, the less likely I am to ever do another cycle of anything. I am too out of shape, too old to mess around anymore. Funny thing about it, one guy used to say his "source" was a cop involved with op gear grinder. Cops are often on the juice he said, lots of busts where nothing makes it to the evidence locker.

Its just sad that high school students think they need them. I played with a couple guys that talked about it, but no idea if they did them. Everyone I played football against I thought I competed strongly against, or was better than without using them.. I couldn't imagine putting my body through that to 1 up someone else. I would always wonder if I was better than they were if I wasn't taking them.

:iamwithstupid:

DNP

You must have used a fcuk load to almost die using DNP!

T3 FTW with Clen and Test E for cutting and watching your carb intake. Pretty simple stuff.

I have used DNP and was not a fan. Although it works well

T3 FTW with Clen and Test E for cutting and watching your carb intake. Pretty simple stuff.

Group buy!

I may be setting myself up for shit here, but fcuk it.....

I'm one of those "old fat guys" that's been mentioned here. 55, losing my hair, losing the fight with gravity and no matter what I eat I seem to gain weight. I'm 6'3" and now 225 (that's a struggle to maintain).

Went to see an endocrinologist, took a few blood tests and I wound up with the "Low Testosterone" diagnosis.

Let me backtrack a bit here. My whole life I've been an athlete, Played 3 sports in HS and 2 in college. Dabbled in pro ball after college. Skied since I was 4.

Hell, I played softball in an under 30 league last year until my neck surgery and the doc said my "career" was over. Yet I'm still allowed to golf which is a saving grace. Like everything else in my life, I've overdone it. Prior to surgery my HCP was 15, now it's my only remaining "sport" and I'm down to a 9.

Ok, back to the low T. I was prescribed Androgel. Well, that's no picnic. It's like rubbing dog snot all over your body. That lasted 3 months. Went back to the doc, and started getting shots. Did that for 3 more months. Felt like shit from it. Stopped it. I'm not taking anything anymore. I'm going to play the hand I was dealt by mother nature.

I have no trouble getting it up on demand. My problem was lethargy. So now I just take naps in the afternoon. An hour does wonders for me. Then I'm rarin' to go (In more ways than one).

I work out every day ( except Sat and Sun) and walk on the treadmill or outside. (No more running, the fcuking neck thing again).

My point is, vanity will either kill you or fcuk up your body somehow. Find other options outside of the "drug" assists. If you're not a pro ball player or pro body builder, what's the point? To make yourself look good in the mirror? Reality check, you look like shit. Try being a nice guy with a sense of humor and a little humility, you'll have chicks crawling all over you. ( focus on work, a thick wallet helps too)

Swimming and hard ass heavy resistance on a quality indoor spin bike for you dada. I promise.

I'm gonna give that a shot Cappy

I can understand some people taking steroids to boost real performance, like in sports, to get that contract or to play at their peak. In cycling, you NEED performance enhancing drugs it if you want to win, end of story. It's sad, and it would be best if it was clean, but it's not unfortunately.

However taking steroids to look unnaturally big is pathetic IMHO. First of all, anyone can see that you are on steroids and second of all you look like you spend your whole life in the gym. It's like working your ass off at your own company, but you can only spend the money you earn on other investments, and you can never use it for anything else, like buying cars or a new house or other things you want. "This is how much money I have, but I can't use it for anything really, but it looks neat, hu?" :D

Absolutely not, bro. I have heard the doses are too low to be realistic, other guys saying B12 was better. At my peek, I was darting myself three times a week to keep blood levels stable. After scar tissue build up meant I had to increase the size of the needles from pin to harpoon, I knew I had to do things smarter so I am not really considering talking to a doc about HRT.

In cycling, you NEED performance enhancing drugs it if you want to win, end of story.
That's how I started. Cycling and Lacrosse meant changing body types between seasons.

I'm one of those "old fat guys" that's been mentioned here. 55, losing my hair, losing the fight with gravity and no matter what I eat I seem to gain weight. I'm 6'3" and now 225 (that's a struggle to maintain).

Went to see an endocrinologist, took a few blood tests and I wound up with the "Low Testosterone" diagnosis.

Let me backtrack a bit here. My whole life I've been an athlete, Played 3 sports in HS and 2 in college. Dabbled in pro ball after college. Skied since I was 4.

Hell, I played softball in an under 30 league last year until my neck surgery and the doc said my "career" was over. Yet I'm still allowed to golf which is a saving grace. Like everything else in my life, I've overdone it. Prior to surgery my HCP was 15, now it's my only remaining "sport" and I'm down to a 9.

Ok, back to the low T. I was prescribed Androgel. Well, that's no picnic. It's like rubbing dog snot all over your body. That lasted 3 months. Went back to the doc, and started getting shots. Did that for 3 more months. Felt like shit from it. Stopped it. I'm not taking anything anymore. I'm going to play the hand I was dealt by mother nature.

I have no trouble getting it up on demand. My problem was lethargy. So now I just take naps in the afternoon. An hour does wonders for me. Then I'm rarin' to go (In more ways than one).

I work out every day ( except Sat and Sun) and walk on the treadmill or outside. (No more running, the fcuking neck thing again).

My point is, vanity will either kill you or fcuk up your body somehow. Find other options outside of the "drug" assists. If you're not a pro ball player or pro body builder, what's the point? To make yourself look good in the mirror? Reality check, you look like shit. Try being a nice guy with a sense of humor and a little humility, you'll have chicks crawling all over you. ( focus on work, a thick wallet helps too)

As strange as it may sound, it's amazing how much energy you can derive from a 1 hour nap! And I am only 34..

Swimming and hard ass heavy resistance on a quality indoor spin bike for you dada. I promise.

+1 on the spin bike, but IMO you need a good group to really keep it pumped up. An hour with a good group and you should walk out looking like you just came out of the pool.

And Damn JP, 6'3" and 225 is just a good built, far from fat.

Older you get the harder you have to train and more frequently as well as mix it up. I do 6 some weeks 7 days a week 2 Olympic lifting,3 jiu jitsu, 1 Muay Thai. I'm 44 and not on anything illegal or prescribed. The last 4 years I am in the best shape of my life and my annual physical results improve every year which is hard to do as you age

Train more intense, eat better, sleep more and even though traditional nutrition says no , eat lots more fat, avocado, nuts, coconut. Take BCAA's , vitamins, ,fish oil too.

Its hard work, don't kid yourself that some gym membership or going for walks is going to do shit