991 Turbo S vs Gallardo Squadra Corsa

Allan-Herbie

The GSC seemed a whole lot easier to drive around that track than the 991. The driver seemed to be fighting the Porsche all the way around

The GSC seemed a whole lot easier to drive around that track than the 991. The driver seemed to be fighting the Porsche all the way around

Porsche gonna be bad ass though!

:iamwithstupid: I was going to say the same thing. Smooth and easy with the GSC, while fighting the 991 from the start.

Porsche gonna be bad ass though!

Going to be lighting fast thats for damn sure

You but equal drivers in both cars and the GSC will be quicker around the track

:iamwithstupid:

Lambo was very poised the 991 was all over the shop, no thank you !

Did anyone catch the times? Which one was faster?

Looked like the Lambo was 1:08.1 and the Porsche was 1:08.6

Pretty impressive for a 10 yr old platform!

The sound of the G = unmatched!!

Pretty impressive for a 10 yr old platform!

The sound of the G = unmatched!!

I think everyone at the Esperianza walked away with a greater appreciation for the STS, then they did the Aventador.

I don't think the size and dynamics of the Aventador are as suited to the race track, a lighter more nimble version will always be more agile and more fun but the Aventador excels in different areas. Having both is really the answer :icon_mrgreen:

I think everyone at the Esperianza walked away with a greater appreciation for the STS, then they did the Aventador.

STS was so dialed in, I'm sure the squadra is even moreso. I think an STS owner on LP was complaining about something to do with the coolant and I think there was an issue with the STS during our day.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...c=63994&hl=

Does Lambo dial out some of the safeguard understeer on the more track oriented verisions like the STS and SC? It just seems like the steering was far more direct where as the 991 was not turning at all compared to the steering inputs of the driver.

Very impressive lap from the SC, much much faster than the time they did with the 570 Superleggera. I guess that rear wing really helps quite a bit (and probably recalibrated front suspension settings/alignment)

It's the same driver. He just put on a helmet for the run in the 991.

I think the LP570 SC is on Pirelli Pzero Trofeo R tires. That could help explain some of the time difference to the standard Superleggera

EVO review of the Squadra Corse

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarrevi...rse_review.html

"Is it due to the rear wing? Possibly. But it is an extraordinary display that translates into an aura of invincibility I don’t think I’ve ever encountered in a road car before. I don’t think I’ve driven a faster car between two points than the Squadra Corse, certainly not one that distils and intensifies the supercar experience so potently."

post-24583-1383540941_thumb.jpg

Anyone have the setup sheets for the GSC? Wonder if the suspension setup is any different from the regular superleggera?

Not sure about suspension setup, but G was on Trofeo and 991 Dunlop Maxx Race

Lap time G vs 911 - 1:08.2 / 1:08.7

0 - 62: 3.4 / 3.0

0 - 124: 10.5 / 10.0

0 - 186: 36.0 / 31.0

sport-auto-11-2013-Heftinhalt-fotoshowBigImage-8c7e9aac-729029.jpg

sport-auto-11-2013-Heftinhalt-fotoshowBigImage-6aadca5e-729030.jpg

sport-auto-11-2013-Heftinhalt-fotoshowBigImage-6f00db6d-729031.jpg

AVw9CMH.png

VzKhz0W.png

e9QWb9S.png

Anyone tried those Trofeo tires for the street yet? The Porsche GT3s usually always come with aggressive rubber like that. Must be great fit for anywhere it doesn't rain usually.

Is 3250 the same as the regular Superleggera? It looks like pretty much the same thing except for the bigger rear wing. Can't imagine that deck lid saves too much weight?

Anyway, again, amazing showing for a 10 year platform against a Porsche that costs the same as a gently used 2011 Superleggera.

Bravo Lambo.