Devel Sixteen - 5,000hp V16 Hypercar

Vahid

aside of the fact that it's utterly pointless and it looks like ass in comparison with other attempts at small production runs by various other dreamers when you look at some of the details individually their work seems quite neat.

When you have money to burn and nothing to burn it on I guess a 5000 HP car that can't be driven anywhere on this planet at top speed would sound like music to your ears.

Front looks Venenoish, rear looks Batmanish, seats look Ford GTish, steering wheel and dash look Paganiish, and center console looks Kseggish.

wow ! love everything about it.

Glad someone with mucho $$$$$$$$ saying fcuk everyone. I am Making a 5000HP car and the world can suck it.

BAD ASS.

Front looks Venenoish, rear looks Batmanish, seats look Ford GTish, steering wheel and dash look Paganiish, and center console looks Kseggish.

That's some really good Cliff Noteish!

Curious how that engine makes 5000 horsepower. That is the approximate rating of a Top Fuel funny car or dragster running Nitro Methane. Good for one qtr mile run then tore down. Quad turbos and 16 cylinders might make 2500-3000hp but 5000. Love to see the engine out.

Your figures are a little low, fuel cars are estimated to he in the 8-9k range these days.

At any rate Morans New TT car on meth is expected to be in the 4400hp range but get this, 670ci and 55psi of boost.

Maybe they measure this the same way the engineers claim the veyron makes 3000hp etc?

Pipe dream or not, I'd drive it. Well, once I put some epoxy on that fin down the hood lol.

It kind of looks interesting. The HP figure is probably attainable, drivability is a complete different issue. Assuming they get the car to 500km/h, I am not sure tire technology is up to snuff with the speed and I would say highly unlikely. It will be cool to see this project develop , if ever.

Probably drives like shitish. Is it me or do the brakes look very small for that car?

Love how a piece of the hood moves from the guy cleaning it at 1 minute in.

@ 300 mph you wouldn't have to worry about it. It would be 1/2 mile behind you

Yeah the first second I saw it in detail I thought: damn those brakes look smallish. As a rule of thumb brakes should be more powerful than motor which in worst case scenario is locked on full power, jamming gear box, to get car from full speed to stop while engine is running to its max.

Step one in making 5,000 horsepower, put giant plaques on the engine so it knows what it's goals are. At $1.5 million it's at least not priced at the same dollar to horsepower rate I thought it would be. Here's a write up. 0-60 in 1.8 on those tires with what looks like a RWD setup is quite an asspirational goal. :eusa_think: Yes, that extra "S" was intentional.

Yeah the first second I saw it in detail I thought: damn those brakes look smallish.

Same here, those rotors look dinky even for a 500HP car. Imagine if 560KPH was possible in this car and you had to stop quickly - those brakes wouldn't do a thing.