Achieving your goals

Destructo

Great thread. I always wonder how my friends attitudes towards me would change when (not if :icon_mrgreen:) I become wealthy enough for my first, and hopefully subsequent, lambos.

If its OK with the OP (since its not the original subject of the thread), it would be cool to also hear of people's experiences with how friends changed when, say, you took delivery of your first lambo/exotic?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your goals are related to relationships, health, etc. those are straight forward to achieve as you are in control for the most part. Financial goals are difficult to achieve if you work for someone else unless your goals are modest.

Keep this stuff flowing! For me, an integral part of progress (in any direction) involves having a clean area to work with. My office and body need to be 100%. If I'm sleeping like shit, eating like shit, the place is a mess, and I'm stressed out over BS - I won't be doing my best. The progress train is hard to get going sometimes, but progress pays huge dividends on your overall mood and really gets the creative juices flowing.

I've been wanting to do two things for years and just haven't. All my own fault but of course it's easy to find excuses with all the things life throws at you. Getting in shape was almost accomplished but then I fell off the wagon and went back to where I started. My business startup always gets tossed to the "tomorrow/next week/next season" pile and I'm done with that.

It's tough to find motivation to get things started if you're in a rut. Getting out and running towards the enemy (your own problems) is the hardest thing ever, IMHO. Coming up with great ideas is the easy thing. It's like saying "Let's take that hill/goal/objective!" (EASY)... The hard part is facing the enemy fire (and sometimes friendly) and charging forward when constant forces, internal and external, are trying to keep you down and "safe."

Some of my motivation includes regular watching of Steve Jobs' "The Lost Interview" (on Netflix streaming), some great motivational YouTube videos on rotation, LamboPower, and good books like Rework and Scott Belsky's "Making Ideas Happen" - a book that has been extremely helpful in getting me ORGANIZED and really focuses on execution of ideas, not creating the ideas themselves.

It also helps when I think of some of the adversities that people have and continue to go through to achieveing their goals (or simply to survive). I kick myself and think "Why the hell am I so lazy? Why can't I get what I want? I have SO much more opportunity right in front of me and so much less shit flying my way than so many other people!"

The bit about people close to you is really troubling but unfortunately true. It's difficult to wrap my head around sometimes but we all face it. We are jealous, violent, and sometimes cruel animals.

At the risk of sounding condescending (not wanting to), I want to speak the truth and explain exactly how I feel at this point in my life.

I am not sure how I feel about goals anymore, I did and I can easily achieve every goal I am setting for myself and everything I put my mind to, the formula is very simple, hard work, determination, thinking outside the box, never taking no for an answer, making sure you aren't the only one who profits from a deal, never be afraid to have a go and most importantly stay POSITIVE, have a positive attitude, makes a huge difference, if you are negative you will attract negativeness, find your happy spot and enjoy every win, accept your failures learn from them and work on making sure you will not repeat your mistakes, always give the absolute best you can, put 100% into everything, only challenge yourself not others, there will always be someone better, richer, smarter, etc. compete against yourself and nobody else, once you do that do not be hard on yourself, there is nothing more you could've done!

Find happiness in things which make you happy, having more money isn't the answer to all your problems.

Personally I see no value in reading any books watching motivational videos etc. I am my own best motivator and asskicker.

I think the crucial thing is to maximise your own potential, find happiness in what you do and where you are, many try to be something which they are not and everything they do is forced, they end up wasting a lot of time and effort with minimal or no results, it's a real shame.

Things come naturally to us, the more we embrace our own talents and apply ourselves in that domain the more successful we are, the only downside is that if you are brilliant at playing piano you probably wouldn't be as financially successful as someone that's extremely talented at selling oranges at the local fruit markets, at the same time you can't get the fruiterer and turn him into a brilliant pianist.

I know brilliant scientists which make a lot less than I do and in my eyes that's a shame because their contribution to our society is certainly a lot greater than mine, we are all following our own talents and just because some make more money than others that doesn't mean they are less valuable or bring less to the table, if I can give a bit of advice to anyone who's interested in becoming wealthy my advice would be, never focus on the $$$ chase success in whatever you do!

Lately I am only setting challenges for myself, which I see as being different, I know I will get there but the challenge is to better myself, do it faster, easier, smarter, more profitable.

Being successful comes with many downsides, there is nothing you can do about it, you can't change human nature, I know a lot of people but I only have a handful of true friends, I am happy with that, I really don't care, as long as my family and my children are by my side that's all I care about.

I was a contractor for 30 years. Infrastructure work. Government work. Brutal, all of the jobs were competitively bid. You learn how to deal with failure FAST. You get maybe 1 out of 10 bids.

Honesty is also a key. Relationships, business everything. The only thing you come into this world is your bare ass and your word. If you don't have your word, you're just left with the bare ass.

I've learned not to try to chase money. That just leads to problems. You start bending the "rules". If you just work hard the money chases you.

Odds are anyone who wants to befriend you when you are successful is full of shit and has an ulterior motive. I know I am generalizing but mankind sucks and people see greater joy out of seeing misery as opposed to success.

100% correct and that sucks.. It's ashame but you really can't share to many things with friends unless they are the ones who have been there since day one. One of my friends whos a mailman said to me the other day. I would never want to have money because I see the stress that you go through all the time with workers etc... Maybe he's hating, maybe he's right. Either way I'd rather be successful with some stress than broke with no problems...

Another big help for me was try and surround yourself with those who really made it (role models, mentors etc) we have some of those "elite members" here on LP that I look up to.

What I do is set goals that are achievable. And when you're about to give up, work even harder to achieve it. Be stubborn and persistent. I don't even tell my family members what my plans are...because most people just won't get it. My friends from high school...haven't heard from them for the past 5 yrs. But I don't let all of this bother me. Because I live my life the way I want and surround myself with people that wants to be part of it. Sadly, like others have mentioned, most people are not genuine and would rather be content with your failures than your success.

Personal goals: My goals almost always come from my personal happiness. If I am not happy in my current situation I try and figure out what is making me unhappy, frustrated, etc. and discuss with my wife. Even if it is to do with her.. She is understanding and we always find a way to make things better together. We have started to travel more and spend more quality time together.. Spending quality time with the Kids and making the days count with them is all that really is important. My goal for next year is to spend more quality time with my family and focus on being in the moment with my kids. I have a problem with always thinking about what is next instead of being in the moment.

Before I had Kelly as my wife I knew I wanted an amazing woman like her. So when I found her I played as hard to get as anyone ever has while still showing interest..She got to know how hard of a worker I am, and how good of a person I am.. She finally asked me out. :icon_mrgreen: Major life goal achieved.

Work: I always wanted to do well and enjoy my work. When I was working somewhere I didn't want to be I never quit. I focused at being better at what I was doing and somehow it always led to another job opportunity. It finally led to a career opportunity that I jumped on. I have worked hard and another major goal was achieved.

Hard work and dedication has always seemed to pay off. Setting my goals has always just been a gut feeling of knowing I want something else. This next year I would like to get on the race track more and enjoy that with some amazing friends.

Boy, damn you are whipped :icon_mrgreen:

Great topic, has anyone had success with a Life Coach?

Yes, fantastic!

We hire personal chefs, personal trainers, professional accountants and so on...only makes sense to me to hire a coach to help move towards goals as well.

My Coach primary works with professional athletes but I use her for life, business and fitness goals. Really help me move my life forward past my old comfort zone.

I'm a competitive, Type A personality and that's her wheelhouse.

She lives in Vancouver and I'm in Edmonton. I was apprehensive about not having a coach in the same city as me but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

She's not cheap but really great value for money considering the results.

Shameless plug for her:

Betteryourbest.ca

Highly recommend her or really any life coach that helps you move the ball forward. Make 2014 rock!

Dennis.

Boy, damn you are whipped :icon_mrgreen:

For reference, please see attached.........

post_19695_1343340631.jpg

For reference, please see attached.........

post_19695_1343340631.jpg

Lol, Chris having pics of Chad's wife readily available.

:suspect:

It's really simple, just set really low goals.

My goals were:

1. Have a failed marriage

2. live paycheck to paycheck

3. Curse and waive my fist at the very existence of teenagers

4. Stage bumfights in my city for my own personal amusement

5. Befriend an affluent online community and earn trust over the span of a decade or so, get invited to an outing or event with several community members and rob them blind

I'm 4 out of 5 so far.

Yes, fantastic!

We hire personal chefs, personal trainers, professional accountants and so on...only makes sense to me to hire a coach to help move towards goals as well.

My Coach primary works with professional athletes but I use her for life, business and fitness goals. Really help me move my life forward past my old comfort zone.

I'm a competitive, Type A personality and that's her wheelhouse.

She lives in Vancouver and I'm in Edmonton. I was apprehensive about not having a coach in the same city as me but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

She's not cheap but really great value for money considering the results.

Shameless plug for her:

Betteryourbest.ca

:icon_thumleft: a good life coach is priceless

Highly recommend her or really any life coach that helps you move the ball forward. Make 2014 rock!

Dennis.

:iamwithstupid: a good life coach is priceless

My goals were:

5. Befriend an affluent online community and earn trust over the span of a decade or so, get invited to an outing or event with several community members and rob them blind

I'm 4 out of 5 so far.

10anniversary lambopower Vegas! Btw , no, I don't need anyone to share a room with and no I don't have any more roofies.

My goals were:

I'm 4 out of 5 so far.

:lol2:

My goals were:

I'm 4 out of 5 so far.

:lol2:

I have realized a couple things.

Many many people just Want something.. Other people Seek what they want.

Great quotes:

You can't achieve what isn't in your vision.

That which you manifest, becomes.

I have realized a couple things.

Many many people just Want something.. Other people Seek what they want.

Great quotes:

You can't achieve what isn't in your vision.

That which you manifest, becomes.

*starts envisioning Kelly's sister*. manifest damn you manifest

*starts envisioning Kelly's sister*. manifest damn you manifest

hahaha.. we know what Rob has been up to lately!