Allan lampoon ' s European Vacation

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got scammed by a gypsy!!!

Walking to Notre Dame, we see an old lady walking who bends over and picks something up. We pass her up and she chases us down and shows us a ring and asks if we think it's gold. I reply looks like it but I can't tell. We continue walking and she chases us down. Says she cannot keep it, her religion forbids her to have jewelry, she wants us to have it. I tell her to go sell it , but she refuses. So we say fine.. and she walks away.. then she chases us down again and asks for money for food. I tell her to take the ring back and go sell it. She refuses, so I give her 5 euro.. bitch starts yelling at me to give her 5 more!

20140115_102319.jpg

Thought exactly the same when we tried it in Vegas. The endless upselling got annoying too. Look, guy, if youre going to charge $1k for the meal, just make it 1200 and throw in all the accessories instead of having truffles and what have you be a $65 dollar option on every single course.

Last night ate at Joel Robushons. Ehhh nothing special at all. Especially for 600euros

All the hi end chi chi bullshit restaurants are the same, BORING AND OVERPRICED.

All the hi end chi chi bullshit restaurants are the same, BORING AND OVERPRICED.

Well the fondue place u recommend closed down!

Thought exactly the same when we tried it in Vegas. The endless upselling got annoying too. Look, guy, if youre going to charge $1k for the meal, just make it 1200 and throw in all the accessories instead of having truffles and what have you be a $65 dollar option on every single course.

So far only place I've ever eaten worth that kind of cash is 11 Madison Park.

So far only place I've ever eaten worth that kind of cash is 11 Madison Park.

They take some searching, but they're out there. Robuchon is proof possitive that when it comes to foie and truffles, you really can have too much of a good thing. That gypsy story was well worth the money. :lol2:

I'm sure you are already aware but be careful of pick pockets in Europe, My niece got her wallet lifted near the Princess Diana memorial in Paris, and my parents host (which is a priest) got his contents in his backpack stolen near the Vatican.

The wife when I take pics of her...

The wife when I take pics of other girls...

Is it more like,

Pic 1

Here's the black Amex

Pic 2

I'm using it to buy GTR upgrades.

Jules Verne... ehhhh.. again nothing special.. figured out why the french are soo skinny.. look at the size of their forks..

Never was a fan of Jules Verne either complete tourist trap, so is Joel Robuchon..... No cool French people eat there, just foolish Americans lol

I couldn't agree more. Robuchon was a disaster when I last went. The AC was out, it was summer and we sweated like pigs. The food was awful, the cold dishes were warm and I'm surprised we didn't end up sick. Never again. There are a million better places to eat at a fraction of the price.

Never was a fan of Jules Verne either complete tourist trap, so is Joel Robuchon..... No cool French people eat there, just foolish Americans lol