BJ

Chipster

Figured that title might get some views lol. Been watching the Barrett Jackson auction today. Lots of cool stuff but they just had a black 91 Ferrari F40 that was gorgeous. I don't know what other mods it had but some very tasteful, old school looking HRE center lock wheels. Really fantastic looking car. Sold for $675k I think

And just now is the abortion Testarossa convertible. Sold for $67k

Hard not to want to buy an old muscle car or an old saloon car after watching these auctions.

Oops! Well it looked good on TV at least. They are about to auction the new Z28

EDIT: I thought messed up F40s were going in the $350 range and solid cars were in the 600-700 range? Have prices jumped?

Figured that title might get some views lol. Been watching the Barrett Jackson auction today. Lots of cool stuff but they just had a black 91 Ferrari F40 that was gorgeous. I don't know what other mods it had but some very tasteful, old school looking HRE center lock wheels. Really fantastic looking car. Sold for $675k I think

And just now is the abortion Testarossa convertible. Sold for $67k

Hard not to want to buy an old muscle car or an old saloon car after watching these auctions.

Mr. October - Reggie Jackson is the one that bought it.

Oops! Well it looked good on TV at least. They are about to auction the new Z28

EDIT: I thought messed up F40s were going in the $350 range and solid cars were in the 600-700 range? Have prices jumped?

Locally a F40 retailed few months back for $1.4mil

Chip, jumped is an understatment. I haven't seen a F40 listed for less than a million in 6 months.

Like the one Fortis mentioned the last two ive heard sold for 1.2-.14

With all the new "video game" cars being released, fighting over fractions of a second, 1/4 mile and Nurburgring times at the expense of rawness and visceral performance no wonder old school starts going through the roof commanding such a premium.

I hope exotic car manufacturers at some point will return to basics and start building again raw exotics with "old school" feel, very basic, no frills, light and nimble, cars which majority of the enthusiast are craving for rather than trying to outdo each other by the number of acronyms and fractions of a second which is really meaningless in the real world, wishful thinking perhaps but one can always dream.

Chip, jumped is an understatment. I haven't seen a F40 listed for less than a million in 6 months.

Oh damn! I had no idea.

Shit. I shouldn't have sold those 3 F40's I had for $500K each a few months ago.

Oh well, at least I still have my stamp collection.

I hope exotic car manufacturers at some point will return to basics and start building again raw exotics with "old school" feel, very basic, no frills, light and nimble, cars which majority of the enthusiast are craving for rather than trying to outdo each other by the number of acronyms and fractions of a second which is really meaningless in the real world, wishful thinking perhaps but one can always dream.

correct me if im wrong..but the only brand doing that still is the GT3 RS?

With all the new "video game" cars being released, fighting over fractions of a second, 1/4 mile and Nurburgring times at the expense of rawness and visceral performance no wonder old school starts going through the roof commanding such a premium.

:iamwithstupid:

correct me if im wrong..but the only brand doing that still is the GT3 RS?

If the 2014 GT3 is anything to go by not anymore.

The Superlegerra series and SV is sort of there, from that POV my SL was my favorite car so far.

They were selling for about half what they are now 6-8 years back here in the UK iirc.

You are correct I was shopping for one but I couldn't import it here due to idiotic regs, some people managed to by pass them and made a tone in the process.