Toy for the weekend....

Scotty

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at Cars on Fifth today. VERY crowded - but a nice show.

Saw the SV (if it's the same one discussed in this thread). Stunning.

Anyone see the 300 SLR? I'm curious to know about that car.

post-40655-1392516496.jpg

post-40655-1392516462.jpg

post-40655-1392516482.jpg

That has been there before, great car, guy won't sell it but worth over a million for sure.

I would have considered this SV-TT in a heartbeat until I found out that none of the dealers were straight up and telling me the real story on what happened to it. If it was minor, just list that in the stupid ebay post or for sale ad. I love the car, the concept, the work on it, it's just what is it worth...

If anyone has pictures of what actually happened, then its value would be much clearer but until then everyone just plays dumb and is very frustrating from a car guy interested in possibly buying it.

You're going to have to figure out if they will work with AWD, but I'm running BFG r-compound tires (on the black wheels) on my Viper and they hook.

null_zpsd777ca47.jpg

4/32 groove to make street legal.

They will pickup everything on the road. truly a track only tire. won't last very long at all.. but they will hookup once warm for sure!

any moisture whatsoever you are fuckkkkkkked.

I would have considered this SV-TT in a heartbeat until I found out that none of the dealers were straight up and telling me the real story on what happened to it. If it was minor, just list that in the stupid ebay post or for sale ad. I love the car, the concept, the work on it, it's just what is it worth...

If anyone has pictures of what actually happened, then its value would be much clearer but until then everyone just plays dumb and is very frustrating from a car guy interested in possibly buying it.

Couldn't agree more

Whatever really happened to it, it could not have been much. I have been driving it 2 weeks now and really love this car. After being screwed by my former Lambo dealer on my roadster, I have got another one due in mid March from another dealer, thus I can't do this one right now. We are going to dyno it with Filkes in the next week or so just to see what she puts out.

How did your former dealer screw you with your roadster Scott?

Kevin, when I ordered the car he quoted me a residual value on my existing car as a trade-in. When the car came in at Christmas, the trade-in value with significantly different than what he previously offered via email when we ordered the car. I did the entire transaction via email and phone call. I was unable to get to the dealership order when my slot came up. I have the whole conversation on an email chain. We discussed it over and over again, I was told the only way they could give me what I wanted for my car was for them to sell this car above invoice and then order me a new car to be delivered mid-summer. While that sounds fine, I consider it unethical. One of the owners finally called me and told me he wanted to make this right, but the only way to do it was to order me another car. I consulted with an attorney and found I did have a case and could sue them for breach of contract. The big question is, do I want to take the time to make my point or tell them to go screw themselves and move on. I found another car and am going that route. You would think after you bought four cars from somebody in three years, that they may pay attention to you.

Kevin, when I ordered the car he quoted me a residual value on my existing car as a trade-in. When the car came in at Christmas, the trade-in value with significantly different than what he previously offered via email when we ordered the car. I did the entire transaction via email and phone call. I was unable to get to the dealership order when my slot came up. I have the whole conversation on an email chain. We discussed it over and over again, I was told the only way they could give me what I wanted for my car was for them to sell this car above invoice and then order me a new car to be delivered mid-summer. While that sounds fine, I consider it unethical. One of the owners finally called me and told me he wanted to make this right, but the only way to do it was to order me another car. I consulted with an attorney and found I did have a case and could sue them for breach of contract. The big question is, do I want to take the time to make my point or tell them to go screw themselves and move on. I found another car and am going that route. You would think after you bought four cars from somebody in three years, that they may pay attention to you.

terrible story. so when is the roadster coming? that is my fav drop top right now! congrats!

Wow, thats just pathetic.....Sorry for the troubles.

Whatever really happened to it, it could not have been much. I have been driving it 2 weeks now and really love this car. After being screwed by my former Lambo dealer on my roadster, I have got another one due in mid March from another dealer, thus I can't do this one right now. We are going to dyno it with Filkes in the next week or so just to see what she puts out.

Where are you dynoing it? I'll be there!

Scotty, let's dyno the SV with my car next week? Can you bring it over to palm beach?

Where are you dynoing it? I'll be there!

terrible story. so when is the roadster coming? that is my fav drop top right now! congrats!

It hit the shore last week, they say 6-10 days from there.

Scotty, let's dyno the SV with my car next week? Can you bring it over to palm beach?

What day?

That has been there before, great car, guy won't sell it but worth over a million for sure.

Judging by the Oldsmobile taillights and the goofy ghetto wire wheels, I'd say it's a fake.

Judging by the Oldsmobile taillights and the goofy ghetto wire wheels, I'd say it's a fake.

Thanks for weighing in. I've spent time searching on-line and I can't find anything on that car. Maybe you're right. I don't know enough about them to understand (fully) what I was looking at.

Some other issues:

the exhaust comes out the back of the car (fender exhaust pipes are fake)

tail lights are different

interior looks home-made

nobody would add a stereo like that to an SLR

nobody would drop an SBC & TH350 trans in an SLR

Scotty,

Do you have enough info, at this point, to comment on the reliability of the SVTT vs a TTG ...

I get that UGR has built a 100+ TTG's and what 4 Murcie TT's ... So obviously their TTG game is off the charts ...

I assume some of that experience would translate to the Murcie's ..

Would you say performance wise (acceleration) ... It's comparable to a TTG at the 1100 whp level???

Also any significant differences, regarding the regular maintenence required for the SVTT vs a TTG???

One last question, what do you think, is a realistic price for the car???

Thanks ... Just trying to get an opinion from someone whose qualified to answer ...

Scotty,

Do you have enough info, at this point, to comment on the reliability of the SVTT vs a TTG ...

I get that UGR has built a 100+ TTG's and what 4 Murcie TT's ... So obviously their TTG game is off the charts ...

I assume some of that experience would translate to the Murcie's ..

Would you say performance wise (acceleration) ... It's comparable to a TTG at the 1100 whp level???

Also any significant differences, regarding the regular maintenence required for the SVTT vs a TTG???

One last question, what do you think, is a realistic price for the car???

Thanks ... Just trying to get an opinion from someone whose qualified to answer ...

Still trying to get a price on it, he keeps telling me to make an offer. Car is as fast or faster as my TTG was, but sounds nastier.

The sound is off the charts. I had a LP640 and this is a whole new beast that is fun to drive.

Not sure on maintenance, but nothing changed on my TTG from the normal. I did everything the same except maybe changed oil more often.

It need new rubber for sure, these are original tires and until hot they slip, once hot they grab Ok, but waste the fun of the TT experience by spinning.

Car is bad ass and looks amazing. Saw it at Kevin's shop back in the day and LOVED the paint color. Sorry to hear about the drama with your Lambo dealer...4 cars in 3 years and they screw you over...what are they thinking???