Quite a P1 review by Chris Harris

capt_chaos

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really be surprised if the LaFer ends up in the same spectrum as he alludes too. They already have customer deliveries out driving around and you still havent heard much about the performance. Im sure it will be fast. But it seems everyone who drives the P1 state its on a different level. Im also curious if this level will soon be surpassed by the Ksegg 1:one

I would really be surprised if the LaFer ends up in the same spectrum as he alludes too. They already have customer deliveries out driving around and you still havent heard much about the performance. Im sure it will be fast. But it seems everyone who drives the P1 state its on a different level. Im also curious if this level will soon be surpassed by the Ksegg 1:one

All the cars at this level have always wound up coming down to the owner's personal taste to determine which one is "best", rarely has there been a clear superior choice over the others.

I'm sure the Ferrari, Mac, and 917 are all a blast and all would come down to individual preferences for the most part.

The Konegsegg isn't even the conversation, because the other three have thousands of high-end engineering man-hours into them, tens (if not hundreds) of millions of dollars of development resources committed, and the combined racing experience of over 100 years of competition at the highest level among the three. I doubt that CVK's endless rich-kid vanity play car company is at that level. :icon_mrgreen:

Awesome read. I can definitely say if I was given the choice to drive one car, it would be this. If I was given the choice to own one car, it would be Kris' Veneno.

I'm starting to be a bit sore from british car journalists with extra hype because it's built in british.

quoting Clarkson: http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/exclusive...n-p1-2013-12-09

"We've seen fast cars before. There have been Koenigseggs and Paganis, and the Ferrari F12 doesn't exactly hang about. Then, lower down the food chain, there have been a selection of lightweight pocket rockets like the Ariel Atom and the Caterham R500. But we have never encountered anything quite like the P1. This takes our perception of speed to a new level."

Yep P1 driver would not see which way that Koenigsegg went...

And it actually can put all it's power down and has couple of hundred hp more and couple of hundred kg's less...

I really like his writing, I hate his videos.

That being said, he's given quite a perspective on it, and I hate to admit it, but I think he's on the right track with his thoughts. No way around it.

The Konegsegg isn't even the conversation, because the other three have thousands of high-end engineering man-hours into them, tens (if not hundreds) of millions of dollars of development resources committed, and the combined racing experience of over 100 years of competition at the highest level among the three. I doubt that CVK's endless rich-kid vanity play car company is at that level. :icon_mrgreen:

Like 911, the 'egg has been constantly developed from 1997, perfecting "same" car for long period imho has a big value.

Bigger budget does not simply make everything work out. Look at Microsoft Windows for example.

Too many cooks in the kitchen etc...

All the cars at this level have always wound up coming down to the owner's personal taste to determine which one is "best", rarely has there been a clear superior choice over the others.

I'm sure the Ferrari, Mac, and 917 are all a blast and all would come down to individual preferences for the most part.

:iamwithstupid:

This car is so exciting. Do we know if any board members have an order for one?

I was heavily considering 1 for a good while, but even as awesome as the car's performance is, it just doesn't have the looks of a 1.15 million dollar car to me. It's a very small car and I doubt its really driveable on the street in the race mode where it looks its best (or whatever mode lowers it way down and has the wing come up). I think in close up pictures and videos it looks good, but in real life its going to look like a 600k car. Add in the performance aspect of the car, and I might be a buyer in the $800k ish range.

Not realistic or legal to drive it on the street in Race Mode. Takes 40 seconds for the car to adjust in and out of that mode as well and I am fairly sure that has to be done stationary.

You can run with the wing partially deployed and active on the street, but the car won't be sitting that 50mm lower and the wing has another 170mm it can deploy if I am remembering that number correctly.

>8^)

ER

Here's a question. Do any of the current hypercars offer a way to run race gas as easily as the aftermarket does? There are plenty of people who run race gas only in cars that cost less than a tenth as much. I would think with the added performance available someone would offer an easily adaptable option. Converting just about any car to run pump and race gas costs less than the turn signal stalk on a Veyron. Seems like a no brainer. Anything?

With great power comes great responsibility. you'd have to beef up wheels, brakes, tires, suspension, retune the electronics, increase cooling etc etc. All that adds weight. the car is already grip limited on the track. can't imagine another 200whp or so on top of that. Sure would be fun though ;)

Not realistic or legal to drive it on the street in Race Mode. Takes 40 seconds for the car to adjust in and out of that mode as well and I am fairly sure that has to be done stationary.

You can run with the wing partially deployed and active on the street, but the car won't be sitting that 50mm lower and the wing has another 170mm it can deploy if I am remembering that number correctly.

>8^)

ER

You are correct, you must be stationary and it's really not possible to drive it in Race Mode on the road.

I spent a whole night with it next to TeamGalag and of course chasing it for 2 hours around Dubai while Shmee was filming it next to me, that video is coming soon, just waiting for the heat to cool down as we drove "a bit aggressive".

9267576c8fa011e3af811264ebd95973_8.jpg

At the gas station, had the pleasure to fill her up...

b48157ae902b11e3bdf8127ac5eff261_8.jpg

f6cb691c8ff711e391ce0e70966286fb_8.jpg

photr3o.JPG

There is also a 0-100km video on my Instagram @stigspersiancousin, I posted a lot of pics and videos for the guys here on Instagram Direct, there was also a 0-220 run dedicated to the Lambo power guys :)

pgfhoto.JPG

phdsaoto.JPG

photsao.JPG

Almost 3 am...still chasing!

phosto.JPG

phor3rto.JPG

phopto.JPG

I was blown away by pull, my Persian cousin. How can I get my mitts on the 0-220?

Just tell me your Instagram username if you have one and I will send it to you over Direct.

With great power comes great responsibility. you'd have to beef up wheels, brakes, tires, suspension, retune the electronics, increase cooling etc etc. All that adds weight. the car is already grip limited on the track. can't imagine another 200whp or so on top of that. Site would be fun though ;)

Or they could have designed it to be versatile to begin with. Pump gas in parts of Europe is 98. Some areas of the U.S. 91 is about it. Pretty big swing. If I was buying a car that had a mode that could only be used at a track (P1) I would hope I could run gas that was specifically made for race cars. That is what the car is touted and designed for correct? Not taking advantage of the possibility just seems like they're leaving some potential on the table. Doesn't seem logical in a car without carpet. I think the same about the 918, La, Veyron, etc. If I'm already invested I would want to put the best gas possible in such a machine.

Awesome pics and video Vahid.