Damaged actuator from wear and tear - replacement cost?

MnM

Anybody with a 640 with the same problem?

I've got about 8000 miles on my '09 LP640, and during servicing I am told that the actuator is spoilt, its leaking oil, and affecting egear synchronization. I am told this is just wear and tear and happens commonly on LP640's and Aventadors, and that it will be approximately $25K USD to fix/replace, and is a must.

Anybody can tell me with similar experience can tell me if this is about right? Just so I know I'm not getting ripped off. I've attached a pic of the quotation.

p.s they also recommended I change the following

1) CRANKSHAFT BEARING -$21.42

2) FLYWHEEL OIL SEAL X2 -$135.00

3) FLYWHEEL COMPLETE ASSY- $6700

4) OIL FILTER MURCIE - $77.32

5) E GEAR SENSOR(ALL MODEL ) -$251.20

6) DRAIN PLUG WASHER - $1.60

7) FLYWHEEL SCREW X 8 -$320.00

8) DRIVE BELT X 1 -$146.32

9) 3-WAY PIPE KIT X 1 – $664.00

10) E GEAR SENSOR SOCKET X2 UNITS -$1531.90

11) FLYWHEEL TRUST BEARING -$5061.60

post-255-1392177067_thumb.jpg

I am told this is just wear and tear and happens commonly on LP640's and Aventadors...

Happens commonly and 28K would steer me away from either especially at 8K miles. That just does not sound right.

Oh man I hope that is a mis diagnosis, I recall there was a little mentions of that sort of problem; I think Jpegs13 was the member that had some insight or was it Modo.

Looks like they are saying this is an engine out service/repair as they want to change flywheel and thrust bearing but no mention of clutch?

Replacing the flywheel and thrust bearing at 8k miles seems unusual. I thought there was a cheaper actuator replacement for Gallardos...is there nothing similar for Murcie?

Price seems very high. I had my acturator replaced along with some other things. MY cost on the acturator was around $7500 + labor on a 04 Murci. Not sure what the LP 640 would be, but that is more than double.

photo_1.BMPphoto_2.BMPphoto_3.JPGI went through the same thing and was quoted 12K for an actuator plus it is an engine out job. They thought is was leaking at 1200 miles, but luckily it was fluid leaking from a trans seal that was an easy fix. Is your egear working properly? Is the fluid going down? It's the same actuator that is in the Aston Martins and Gallardo. Sometimes its this seal that leaks holding the two halves together.

photo_1.BMPphoto_2.BMPpost-22657-1392213733_thumb.jpgI went through the same thing and was quoted 12K for an actuator plus it is an engine out job. They thought is was leaking at 1200 miles, but luckily it was fluid leaking from a trans seal that was an easy fix. Is your egear working properly? Is the fluid going down? It's the same actuator that is in the Aston Martins and Gallardo. Sometimes its this seal that leaks holding the two halves together.

My egear was working perfectly the last time I drove it without any issues. It was actually just in to replace the battery (flat), and then they said the engine was making a strange noise when starting, so they investigated and wrote the above as 'must change'.

Did you have to replace the actuator? Or they found out that it was just the fluid leaking prior to taking the engine out?

Looks like they are saying this is an engine out service/repair as they want to change flywheel and thrust bearing but no mention of clutch?

They said I had 68% clutch left and I can change it if I like, but it wasn't essential though

Prices sound high. Labor and parts.

Not normal for a 640 with your miles.

Clutch has more then half of it life left.

Is the TOB leaking?? I would not replace if its not.

I would recommend a you get a second shop to look at it and price it. At least get 2 price.

It turned out to be a different leak that was an easy fix. Have them wash off the actuator and just keep and eye on it when its next on the hoist. Just monitor your e-gear fluid. Now that the fear is in my mind I have a sphincter puckering moment everytime they hoist the car hoping it's dry... Honestly, unless the seals are leaking or a rod jams theres nothing else that can really go wrong with them

How the hell is the actuator a wear and tear part? I had mine go pretty early when I had my 08 SL and luckily it was warranty. Lamborghini should admit they designed/used shit actuators that break and that it's a design flaw, not that it's a wear and tear part.

Agreed... the egear system wouldn't pass the front gate in a Kia or Honda let alone a 300k car. Luckily the old "its an exotic" way of explaining a poor reliability rating is starting to go out the window. I understand e-gear was a relatively new way of replicating the human factor, and reduce the drag of a torque converter, but come on...... its just such a poor system.

31K miles and my e-gear is fine. I'd suggest you find another shop. Flywheel bolts over $300 !?! They're a $2 part each. They don't show replacing the locking tabs ?! (which are a $11 part) that's bad procedure.