Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people

Steve K

I would hope most people already know that the black box is a phrase and it is painted orange.

Nobody in their right mind including the NTSB would actually have the box painted black.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope most people already know that the black box is a phrase and it is painted orange.

Nobody in their right mind including the NTSB would actually have the box painted black.

It's just because they're racist.

post-652-1395753835.jpg

1 that box is clearly not black.

Correct me if im wrong, but the Black box on the plane was never black in color...I thought it was orange. :eusa_think:

Im assuming there is a reason its called the black box than and not the orange box?

Originally they where painted black until 1965 when the FAA ruled that the should be painted high visibility orange however the name has stuck around. Its also hinted that the "black" implies the death aspect of a fatal plane crash. To be truly technical they are refered to as FDR or Flight Data Recorders.

I disagree, it may take some time however the agencies working on the crash always seam to find the wreckage.

Below is a picture of the black box from Air France Flight 447 plunged into the Atlantic Ocean on June 1, 2009.

air_france_black_boxes.jpg

Flight 447 debris was discovered shortly after the incident, 2-3 days if I remember correctly. And it still took them 2 years to find the main wreckage. They knew pretty much exactly where it went down, and it still took 2 years!

Given the seafloor where 447 went down was very mountainous, but I don't see what hope they have finding MH370 considering they havent found any debris and the ocean currents have moved everything on the surface 100's of Kays.

I still don't think they have ANY idea where the plane went down. NONE, ZERO, NADA, ZIP. All these companies crawling out from under rocks on CNN claiming their technology tracked the plane to middle of Ocean X smells like BS free advertising/free airtime/free marketing opportunity to me. Like when the fraud Silvia Brown tells you that "Your loved one's are in the room with us right now". You have no way to prove otherwise, so she can claim anything she wants.

The plane is in the bottom of some ocean somewhere. It will never be found. Maybe in 50 years some shrimp fisherman in Thailand will be dragging a net somewhere and snag a piece of an airplane seat or something. Other than that. I just don't see it happening. Ocean is too big and they are clueless.

On that note, I also predict that the FAA will start allowing cell phone use on all planes to help prevent a mystery like this in the US in the future. So get ready for Mr. Jaw Jacker in Row 28, seat A who insists on yapping on the phone for 7 hours straight while the other 238 passengers try to sleep.

doesn't matter if they allow cell phones to be used... i have forgotten mine ON and it

cant get a signal above about 4,000 feet anyway.

For those that still care, the search has moved 685 miles Northeast of the original search area !!

Australian authorities said on Friday they were shifting the focus of their Indian Ocean search for the wreckage of Malaysia's missing jet, moving it 1,100 km (685 miles) to the northeast after receiving new information from Malaysia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/...EA2701720140328

Unfreakinbelievable !!!

For those that still care, the search has moved 685 miles Northeast of the original search area !!

Australian authorities said on Friday they were shifting the focus of their Indian Ocean search for the wreckage of Malaysia's missing jet, moving it 1,100 km (685 miles) to the northeast after receiving new information from Malaysia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/28/...EA2701720140328

Unfreakinbelievable !!!

Wait... What? You mean back towards Malaysia again?

Wait... What? You mean back towards Malaysia again?

The plane was moving faster then originally thought. It burned through its fuel quicker then expected hence the new search area.

Bad timing by British Airways...

ba-indian-ocean.jpg

A spokesperson for British Airways said: "We are very sorry for any offence caused, and the advertising is being withdrawn.

"This campaign was planned some months ago and we recognise that its appearance at this time is inappropriate."

ba-indian-ocean.jpg

A spokesperson for British Airways said: "We are very sorry for any offence caused, and the advertising is being withdrawn.

"This campaign was planned some months ago and we recognise that its appearance at this time is inappropriate."

:lol2: damn...

ba-indian-ocean.jpg

People are too sensitive.

So

1. The pilot is upset about the political prisoner

2. His wife moves out

He hijacks the plane himself and flies to 45000 to knock everyone out.

He calls the Malay govt by sat phone and demands prisoner release

Malay govt says no. Plane runs out of fuel crashes.

Malay govt covers up.

So

1. The pilot is upset about the political prisoner

2. His wife moves out

He hijacks the plane himself and flies to 45000 to knock everyone out.

He calls the Malay govt by sat phone and demands prisoner release

Malay govt says no. Plane runs out of fuel crashes.

Malay govt covers up.

Although I do not find this to be that far fetched, I would have assumed, by now, we would know what prisoner and for what reason... No?

Although I do not find this to be that far fetched, I would have assumed, by now, we would know what prisoner and for what reason... No?

I think we know the answer to both...l.