$200,000 range rover

white viper

:iamwithstupid:

Am I missing something really special about these? Seen one at the gym this week, looks nice but WTF?????

RR is on crack with the 143k MSRP on this much less the 200k asking price. No doubt its nice but come on. This is Ghost territory and it will be 100k in less than a year.

There's no way those 42 bids are legit.

I think the reason this car is fetching the range it has (just from reading the ad):

- LWB (long wheel base) , which is not standard and quite scarce , ordering it from a dealer will probably have the buyer wait about 8-12 months, so that extra amount could be the "opportunity cost" of not waiting.

- It states "protection package" which makes me think it has the bullet proof package (or partial package) like stronger than normal windows.

Not speaking from knowledge , just speculating.

I have seen people pay up to 160 to 175 for autobiography , and most of those buyers send the cars to Russia and elsewhere , to profit 20-30 grand from the export.

- It states "protection package" which makes me think it has the bullet proof package (or partial package) like stronger than normal windows.

If in fact it's armored the price is justified

I never got the hype for RRs.

They are nice trucks but never felt they were ever worth what they go for new.

Meanwhile the Defender was left for dead. Purists never win. :icon_mrgreen:

If in fact it's armored the price is justified

I dont see any signs of bulletproof modifications. Maybe the are laminated (can hold several hit from hammers, crowbars, baseball bats, etc.) but enough strong to stop a low caliber bullet like a .22 or more

Sport RS might be more up your street. http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29688

There is quite a big chauffeur market here, which is what that car is for, no normal person would buy it though, depreciation written all over it.

Armoured used to be on the website with the basic starting at £20k going up to £300k, + car for a special order one.

Now just show defender & Disco http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/armoured...ery-4-sentinel/

That car is £150k plus options here as a basic for a standard car, albeit they only sell it in the top autobiography spec.

Normal one is £100k as a comparison for same autobiography spec

Land Rover said a while ago they would introduce one above the autobiography's. Most likely it's to jump start on the 200k SUV market. China probably has a high demand for those kinds of cars and with Bentley revealing their SUV soon, Land Rover will stop being the top tier SUV for Europeans when Lamborghini develops a monster performer and Bentley brings in their hand crafted 200mph SUV to the table.

Edit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24...ne-chiller.html

Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography Black

These appear to be the "protection packages" from Land Rover. Just additional insurance it seems, no bullet proof glass or anything.

Protection Packages

We offer four distinct packages to help protect and preserve your vehicle:

Front End Chip Protection

Protects the front end of your moving vehicle from damage such as: Stones, Bugs, Weathering, etc. More…

Interior/Exterior Protection

Protects paint, fabric and leather from a variety of hazards such as: Acid Rain, Bird Droppings, Spills, Premature Aging, etc. More…

Tire &: Rim Protection

Covers Rim/Wheel and Tires from a variety of damage including: Bent Rims, Curb Damage, Pot Holes, Road Debris, etc. More…

Key Replacement

Losing today’s smart keys can be an expensive proposition. Includes 24-Hour Emergency Assistance and Key Return Reward Program. More…

RangeRover is among the crappiest cars I have ever driven. The interior look like utter crap, even in the new ones and it looks like caca.

I wouldn't pay 50K for one!

RangeRover is among the crappiest cars I have ever driven. The interior look like utter crap, even in the new ones and it looks like caca.

I wouldn't pay 50K for one!

I can't think of an SUV with a better interior. They're stunning inside.

It has nothing to do with any of that. There is a huge export market for these trucks and they are fetching well north of MSRP to exporters that can get their hands on them. RR is being, or trying to be, very protective of them floating. That said, I know where this truck is. My buddy looked at it yesterday. It is at RR of Mount Kisco, I have no idea who that Jackie person is. I did google her phone number and saw that she is also into house painting. Seems legit. The Rover store said they want 210k for it. I lol'd so hard my voice is now hoarse.

RB seems to really like his autobiography edition. That being said 200k seems really steep. Especially when you factor in the depreciation one will see the nanosecond they take that home.