Urus to be assembled in Slovakia

> I don't believe it. I saw that but it is too preposterous to believe.

What is so preposterous about VAG assembling all of their SUVs that

are effectively based on a single shared platform in a single factory?

I mean... look at how the Gallardo (and Huracan) got absorbed into

the VAG universe over time -- frame, body, engine, etc. coming from

all over the place, just to undergo final assembly down in Sant'####.

Whatever it takes to get it built...I don't care if it is assembled in Antarctica. Do want.

Exactly, given where most of the components are made for the existing line up no major real difference really.

Well I believe, that only some components (body) will be built in Bratislava and the final assembly will be proceeded in Sant' Agat, same with Gallardo body, which was built in Germany (same with Huracán, I guess)

Btw rumours said that Bentley SUV would be built in Bratislava too, but finally Bentley said last year it will be built in Crewe

Exactly, given where most of the components are made for the existing line up no major real difference really.

:iamwithstupid:

Who cares, moving assembly to Italy will only increase the price, plus since they are assembling the Q7, Cayenne and Touareg they will have had a lot of practice and probably do a better job.

Isn't the Sant' #### facility tiny?

Shame they didn't build the sedan instead, that was a looker.

I hope they ultimately make the Urus more wild and unique, both in looks and in power/performance. From what it sounds like so far, it doesn't seem like it will have anything on a Cayenne Turbo, and that wouldn't be a good thing.

the biggest issue going forward is the design, Lexus has copied some basic design elements for their new entry level SUV. This car will be on the market for 3 years before the Urus is even put into production, if the production Urus isn't totally redesigned it will look beyond dated when it is released in 2018.

I hope they ultimately make the Urus more wild and unique, both in looks and in power/performance. From what it sounds like so far, it doesn't seem like it will have anything on a Cayenne Turbo, and that wouldn't be a good thing.

Completely agree. I don't see what the big deal is.

Remember the LM002 was built in a factory in Spain, painted body came to Italy for final assembly.

With the Gallardo things were even more interesting :

The aluminum cylinder heads and block of this new engine were built at the Cosworth Technology factory (also owned by Audi AG), after which they are shipped to Györ in Hongary to be finished

the entire aluminum space frame or so-called body-in-white of the Gallardo, built at Neckarsulm

So having parts or even complete chassis and bodywork built elsewhere makes sense ... as long as the Italian do the final assembly we can still call it a Lamborghini.

Same story for the Cayenne, only finishing is done in Germany, the other stuff is done in Slovakia. The Lambo SUV I have no doubt will have a made in Italy sticker. Like some Prada shoes which are basically made in eastern Europe and just glued together in Italy.

Remember the LM002 was built in a factory in Spain, painted body came to Italy for final assembly.

With the Gallardo things were even more interesting :

The aluminum cylinder heads and block of this new engine were built at the Cosworth Technology factory (also owned by Audi AG), after which they are shipped to Györ in Hongary to be finished

the entire aluminum space frame or so-called body-in-white of the Gallardo, built at Neckarsulm

So having parts or even complete chassis and bodywork built elsewhere makes sense ... as long as the Italian do the final assembly we can still call it a Lamborghini.

Exactly, it's not a new thing. All the Audi V10 motors, RS6, R8 and Gallardo come out of the Hungary factory.

It's just the same feeling as when we found out Ford's were being built in South America in the 1990's... A Mexican Focus.... Ugh...

theres still time for Lamborghini to scrap the whole idea.....call off the plan

please

Agreed. Wish they'd invest what they did in the Urus into making even better supercars.

Agreed. Wish they'd invest what they did in the Urus into making even better supercars.

They will do just that, invest what they will get out of the Urus into making better supercars.

Who knows, i was was told that it would have been builted in Sant'A gata, but they can assembly it where they want. I'm sure it will be a shocking and very fast car as every great Lambo is.

ciao

Aren't the Urus, Bentley SUV, next Cayenne and Audi Q7 all based on the same chassis? If so, it would make perfect economic sense to produce the chassis in one place and then ship them off to the respective brands for final assembly and add their own "personalization".

If the QC is up to par, which VAG is more than likely to implement, it should not be an issue on where the car is produced. Hopefully, the savings on the lower costs of labour can be passed onto the purchaser.